The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: smick on July 19, 2007, 10:27:12 am

Title: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: smick on July 19, 2007, 10:27:12 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07192007

So many instruments murdered by Ray.   Why are they all on the floor?  Does a artifact of someone's youth elevate it beyond a six-hundo?

My own six-hundo?  Posting this without the link.  I'm sorry to make this worse for all of us.
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: dejavroom on July 19, 2007, 11:55:11 am
I'm sure "Ray stepping on a sequence of musical instruments on the floor" seemed like a hilarious idea on those weed hours of the morning, Chris, but, really...
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: smick on July 19, 2007, 12:05:51 pm
Assuming that someone is playing the bass line on that horn, Ray has destroyed an entire power trio.
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: Doc on July 19, 2007, 12:06:29 pm
weed hours of the morning
Best typo in the world, or coining a perfect phrase for that time of day.

I actually really liked this one, I always dig the sentimental but hilarious one.
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: dejavroom on July 19, 2007, 12:08:12 pm
Ok, I... I made a poll? Please check my poll?

(And why do I think ending my sentences with question marks will put you people in a less antagonistic state of mind? Do I think maybe that this tone makes me sound like the lolcat that eated the cookie he had baked?)
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: CortJstr on July 19, 2007, 12:48:23 pm
Yes it's contrived but panels 3 and 4 are totally worth it.
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: smick on July 19, 2007, 12:56:53 pm
(And why do I think ending my sentences with question marks will put you people in a less antagonistic state of mind? Do I think maybe that this tone makes me sound like the lolcat that eated the cookie he had baked?)

I'm almost never antagonistic here, however, you know any anger I may have has just got to be erased by such whom what eated something.
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: nDed on July 19, 2007, 04:21:20 pm
What's weird is that I also had a childhood drum. I think I have a picture of it somewhere.
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: littlefallsmets on July 19, 2007, 06:37:09 pm
Too many small letters in this thread! Too many!

Also, our shortening of "hundred" was "hundy".

Is this a regional thing?
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: MattFish on July 19, 2007, 06:51:07 pm
I think we gave my childhood drum away at some point. I have fond memories of that thing.
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: V-Adore on July 19, 2007, 07:13:29 pm
This is kind of poignant, in a weird way.
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: AlohaDawg on July 19, 2007, 07:19:45 pm
The look on Ray's face and the teeny Pfooooooooo makes it for me.
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: evan on July 19, 2007, 09:16:40 pm
I'm pretty sure mr. bear is just scamming Ray out of $600.
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: linnea on July 19, 2007, 09:59:02 pm
Jesus, Cornelius! Laying the guilt on with a trowel and bulldozer.

...Ray deserves it, though.

Also, have I mentioned that I used to work with a dude named Cornelius, and his nickname was indeed Connie? The first few times I passed by his office and saw the nameplate I figured it was some lady with a frosted-blonde permed helmet of realtor-like hair and mercilessly tweezed eyebrows. But no, Conne is a dude.
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: Ben-San on July 19, 2007, 10:04:47 pm
I don't know. The billiard hustle was one thing and this would be another. Ray was asking to be scammed that time (and the time with the Olympics) and I don't think Cornelius would resort to emotional blackmail over six hundred dollars. It's not gentlemanly and there's no real need for it when Ray is easy to remove dollars from in honest fashion (i.e. gambling).

But seriously, stop leaving this shit on the floor.
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: Golfhaus on July 20, 2007, 12:34:48 am
Too many small letters in this thread! Too many!

Also, our shortening of "hundred" was "hundy".

Is this a regional thing?

Dunno... we just say "hunn'ert" like normal people here.

The real question is... is the p in "pfooo" silent or not?
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: Drastic Action on July 20, 2007, 03:21:34 am
I would say it's not silent, but not quite enunciated; imagine just blowing air through your lips even though you're holding them shut.  P-fooooooooo
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: linnea on July 20, 2007, 03:22:12 am
I got the opportunity to say "four large" today when I had to get cash from the bank teller for rent. When Showbiz was telling Beef that he was into Rockford Fosgate (http://he was into Rockford Fosgate) "five large" was that $500? Since Beef used the "G" for "grand" or "thousand", I'm guessing that Biz was down five Franklins.
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: AugustWest on July 20, 2007, 03:35:57 am
I always took it to mean $5000.  Beef gave him $2K cause that was all he had with him.
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: AlohaDawg on July 20, 2007, 03:40:33 am
yeah, maybe it's just where I am with my life, but $500 ain't much, really, in the grand scheme of things.
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: nDed on July 20, 2007, 04:03:33 am
Maybe it's just my situation, but I would love it if you gave me $500.
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: V-Adore on July 20, 2007, 06:47:38 am
More saliently, can $500 even buy you the kind of ridiculous bleeding-edge stereo systems Biz was apparently buying? I always thought it was 5K, myself.
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: jaydub on July 20, 2007, 04:09:43 pm
I'm no goomba, but I'm pretty sure "large" is in thousands.
Title: Re: July 19, 2007 - Do you sneak upstairs and play it at Christmastime
Post by: linnea on July 20, 2007, 04:39:34 pm
I'm no goomba, but I'm pretty sure "large" is in thousands.

The teller was asking me if I wanted large bills, I guess. I had to specify that I wanted four large.