The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: smick on July 19, 2007, 11:48:29 am

Title: Portland's Linnea
Post by: smick on July 19, 2007, 11:48:29 am
I found this (http://raindog.net/ljimages/07-07-07_2008.jpg) when I was walking in an area Portland called "The Pearl".  Thought you might enjoy the picture. 

Some background from Swedish Landmarks in Oregon. (http://www.hevanet.com/sundvall/landmarks.htm)

Two blocks west of Immanuel Lutheran Church is Linnea Hall at 2066 Northwest Irving Street (between Northwest Twentieth and Northwest Twenty-first Avenues). The Swedish Society Linnea was one of the oldest Swedish societies in the Pacific Northwest and the only independent Swedish Lodge in Portland. Organized in 1888 as Svenska Bröderna (The Swedish Brothers), the group four years later changed the name to Svenska Sällskapet Linnéa, and this name appears on the cornerstone laid in 1910.
Title: Re: Portland's Linnea
Post by: Nabubrush on July 19, 2007, 07:13:58 pm
You hang out in the Pearl? Snob.
Title: Re: Portland's Linnea
Post by: linnea on July 19, 2007, 10:00:55 pm
Heh! smick, what an unexpected gem of a landmark. I love it. I'll be saving that picture posthaste. Awesome.
Title: Re: Portland's Linnea
Post by: smick on July 20, 2007, 12:22:41 am
You hang out in the Pearl? Snob.

Cinema 21, Beau Thai, and Pizza Oasis.

How can I avoid the place?
Title: Re: Portland's Linnea
Post by: Nabubrush on July 20, 2007, 03:50:37 am
Cinema 21, Beau Thai, and Pizza Oasis.

How can I avoid the place?

As long as you don't live in one of those goddamned condos.
Title: Re: Portland's Linnea
Post by: smick on July 20, 2007, 08:15:16 am
As long as you don't live in one of those goddamned condos.

No, I live in Oregon City.   It works, since I commute to Salem for work.   I didn't want to move to Oregon, from Spokane WA, to live in Salem.  Screw that.   I want Portland at my disposal.
Title: Re: Portland's Linnea
Post by: KeithHernandez on July 20, 2007, 11:06:10 am
According to google maps it takes 57 min to get from Oregon City to Salem and 54 to get from Portland to Salem.
Title: Re: Portland's Linnea
Post by: smick on July 20, 2007, 11:30:09 am
I don't drive from those places, to that other place.
Title: Re: Portland's Linnea
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 26, 2007, 12:51:01 pm
Quote from: smick
I found this when I was walking in an area Portland called "The Pearl".

Quote from: linnea
Heh! smick, what an unexpected gem of a landmark.

I hate you all.
Title: Re: Portland's Linnea
Post by: linnea on July 26, 2007, 06:12:26 pm
I hate you all.

Heh. You love the puns, admit it.
Title: Re: Portland's Linnea
Post by: Nabubrush on July 27, 2007, 03:30:57 am
I hate you all.

Mission accomplished.