The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: robot_god on July 20, 2007, 09:40:16 am
-
...using to destroy the world. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07202007)
The Title didn't fit. Is that a first?
-
No.
-
This is the best Friday Facts ever and I won't hear any of those mean things youall say about it.
It is true about ice skating. It is nice that not everything in civilization is getting worse, isn't it?
-
Are some names... crimes?
-
Quite possibly the first sports page in the history of mankind that wasn't super boring. And definitely one of the very few that didn't pluralize the names of players for no apparent reason.
-
So glad to see another appearance of Ray's "proper attyre for footballe"!
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01272005
-
Quite possibly the first sports page in the history of mankind that wasn't super boring. And definitely one of the very few that didn't pluralize the names of players for no apparent reason.
Quite true. Even though it was Achewood, I was like "Oh, maaaan! A sports page? Boo." But it was readable. Not great, but not "sports page"-style boring.
-
Yes, Phillipe, some names are crimes.
-
So glad to see another appearance of Ray's "proper attyre for footballe (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01272005)"!
Quoted for truth. I love that strip. I need to get it framed.
-
Indeed, a good arc for several days following. Good times.
-
Well, you could've gone with the clear alternate thread title:
"many things, all the time"
Car racing exists because people want to have heroes who do things that they basically could do if they just had the money and the time and then... at the height of the success that the audience wishes they had instead of the driver... they want to see the person they are jealous of die in a pointless and horrific manner.
America: Makin' gods to worship and then killin' them because we wish we were them since 1776.
-
Well, you could've gone with the clear alternate thread title:
"many things, all the time"
Car racing exists because people want to have heroes who do things that they basically could do if they just had the money and the time and then... at the height of the success that the audience wishes they had instead of the driver... they want to see the person they are jealous of die in a pointless and horrific manner.
America: Makin' gods to worship and then killin' them because we wish we were them since 1776.
Stock car racing actually made sense at one point. It was to see which stock vehicles could actually go the fastest and end stupid Ford vs. Chevy debates. Of course there hasn't been stock car racing in the US for like 40 years.
-
As an aside about soccer, well. I don't like it (if you don't like soccer in Brazil you can't actually get a passport or work for the government, but I gotta be me), but the appeal of a beautifully played match or of a particularly skilled player is not completely lost on me (like in this example: http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=eJe9JgzWv4E&mode=related&search= (http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=eJe9JgzWv4E&mode=related&search=)). Thoughts, americans? Really not your cup of Cup then?
-
Stock car racing actually made sense at one point. It was to see which stock vehicles could actually go the fastest and end stupid Ford vs. Chevy debates.
And people needed to know this why exactly?
-
Because actually whipping your junk out for head to head comparisons will get you arrested.
-
Quite true. Even though it was Achewood, I was like "Oh, maaaan! A sports page? Boo." But it was readable. Not great, but not "sports page"-style boring.
Something tells me you're not a huge fan of the massive fantasy baseball thread!
-
man.
I really like that phillipe said what the man's name was...
and then specified to put the stress on the first word. As if it would take you a few times to get what he was indicating.
-
Because actually whipping your junk out for head to head comparisons will get you arrested.
What about shaft to shaft comparisons?
-
Something tells me you're not a huge fan of the massive fantasy baseball thread!
Heh. I occasionally scan that thread: "Still about baseball?" Yes, still about baseball.
I'd like to officially award it the least wander-y thread award.
Maybe it's because I had such uninspired gym teachers that I never got into sports.
-
Still about baseball, forever about baseball. Until football season.