The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on July 23, 2007, 12:35:27 pm

Title: Sex Ed video using (probably unlicensed) Nintendo characters and footage
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 23, 2007, 12:35:27 pm
It's time for a trip to Nintendoland... for a crash course... in KNOWLEEEEEDDDDDDDDGGEE!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr1ju6GoCsY)

Title: Re: Sex Ed video using (probably unlicensed) Nintendo characters and footage
Post by: Doc on July 23, 2007, 12:59:44 pm
Truly awesome. I wonder where it came from? Doesn't look like someone knocked it together in flash but I'm terrified by the idea that someone actually used mario's mustache for pubic hair in a genuine sex education video.
Title: Re: Sex Ed video using (probably unlicensed) Nintendo characters and footage
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 23, 2007, 01:45:01 pm
Truly awesome. I wonder where it came from? Doesn't look like someone knocked it together in flash but I'm terrified by the idea that someone actually used mario's mustache for pubic hair in a genuine sex education video.

Well, ostensibly the American Board of Education (Honest ABE) commissioned this per the Youtube description, and the extreme uncoolness of this has all the hallmarks of educators trying to be "hip" and "reach the kids"on "their own level". Probably farmed out to some committee who in turn farmed it out to a "with-it" public relations group. I'm almost certain that the figures used are unlicensed, though I'm fairly sure that Nintendo has some sort of intellectual property clause allowing unrestricted use of its character likenesses for educational purposes.

Wow, I think I just engaged in the first known case of fan-NON-fiction.
Title: Re: Sex Ed video using (probably unlicensed) Nintendo characters and footage
Post by: Mr Trout on July 23, 2007, 03:01:56 pm
Are you sure is wasn't just someone who ripped a bunch of clips out of old episodes of Captain N and then added in their own voiceover and effects? It seems way too tongue-in-cheek to be genuine (no matter what the youtube description may claim).
Title: Re: Sex Ed video using (probably unlicensed) Nintendo characters and footage
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 23, 2007, 03:37:49 pm
Are you sure is wasn't just someone who ripped a bunch of clips out of old episodes of Captain N and then added in their own voiceover and effects? It seems way too tongue-in-cheek to be genuine (no matter what the youtube description may claim).

It's plausible, but this seems like an awful lot of work for a relatively lame punchline.
Title: Re: Sex Ed video using (probably unlicensed) Nintendo characters and footage
Post by: Nabubrush on July 23, 2007, 06:52:58 pm
I saw this on another site and the consensus was that it's a hoax. The voices aren't quite right, for one thing.
Title: Re: Sex Ed video using (probably unlicensed) Nintendo characters and footage
Post by: CortJstr on July 23, 2007, 08:03:37 pm
I could've sworn that Captain N was playing Punch-Out during the opening credits of the show. But maybe they changed that when Mike Tyson was removed from the game.
Title: Re: Sex Ed video using (probably unlicensed) Nintendo characters and footage
Post by: theinevitable on July 23, 2007, 08:35:24 pm
this is...

the voices creep me out.
Title: Re: Sex Ed video using (probably unlicensed) Nintendo characters and footage
Post by: Drygioni on July 24, 2007, 01:08:02 am
In that curious way relatively innocuous sources of humour can cause ridiculously inappropriate bodily response, Luigi's voice in this video made me laugh so hard I fell off my chair, whereafter I knocked my guitar over, popping a helium balloon I was saving for later. Thanks, Bobby.

In all seriousness however, that was great. I can only pray for its authenticity.

(I've always had trouble with the its)
Title: Re: Sex Ed video using (probably unlicensed) Nintendo characters and footage
Post by: Nabubrush on July 24, 2007, 02:05:25 am
His, hers, its. It's trivial to get it right, people.
Title: Re: Sex Ed video using (probably unlicensed) Nintendo characters and footage
Post by: KeithHernandez on July 24, 2007, 04:47:25 am
It trivial to get her right.