The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: jay-ell on July 27, 2007, 05:58:42 pm

Title: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
Post by: jay-ell on July 27, 2007, 05:58:42 pm
Kevan is starting to creep me out. 

www.chorewars.com

I'm torn between thinking this is really awesome, and wondering if it is not, in fact, actually incredibly lame. 

Of course I have an account already.  Because I am, apparently, Kevan's bitch. 
Title: Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
Post by: side_show on July 27, 2007, 06:51:27 pm
The SO showed me this with great enthusiasm a few days ago actually.  He was so in to it.  I give it a big, fat, lame-o stamp, but I often joke with him about work around the house that he is gaining experience points, earning another portion of heart, if he cleans under something he might find a gold coin, etc. and he really digs that.  One specific occasion, we were loading bricks into the truck and I was urging him that he only had to move eleven more to earn another experience point, and it seriously motivated him way more than me saying "eleven more bricks and we're done" ever would.   I don't get it, I don't get why anyone would dig it, I don't get the sort of games this thing parodies, it's all annoying to me, but if it works, then all the better for ya.
Title: Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
Post by: V-Adore on July 27, 2007, 07:41:08 pm
I was interested before I realized that you essentially had to set up your own experience ladder, and that just seems like way too much damn work. Besides, my stats were kind of pitiful, apparently because I don't like the right kinds of chores?

Anyway, sometimes I wonder if Kevan has a Problem. He seems to make this stuff compulsively.
Title: Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
Post by: AugustWest on July 27, 2007, 07:56:32 pm
Bah!  I'm a Progress Quest (http://www.progressquest.com/) player and I'll die a Progress Quest player.
Title: Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
Post by: wombat on July 27, 2007, 08:00:46 pm
I don't want to know that people are playing online games instead of posting amusing things on the messageboard!  LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU....
Title: Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
Post by: Doc on July 28, 2007, 01:51:51 am
I have an instinctive distrust of anything that tries to disguise work as fun.


Bah!  I'm a Progress Quest (http://www.progressquest.com/) player and I'll die a Progress Quest player.

I used to be a statbuilder man but this might be even better.
Also the stat builder site doesn't seem to exist anymore.
Title: Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on July 28, 2007, 07:39:14 pm
I have a character but no party. I guess my adventure ends here.
Title: Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
Post by: V-Adore on July 28, 2007, 07:56:59 pm
We could start a TOUAMB party, but all the chores would have to be stuff like "not being a crap dude."
Title: Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
Post by: linnea on July 28, 2007, 08:25:39 pm
HEE!! I think this is the game that Gabe and Tycho were parodying a few days ago (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/07/20).


***EDIT: Do we have a TOUAMB Party yet??

YAY! We do now, hoss.

http://www.chorewars.com/invite.php?id=7a3afd1a7377 (http://www.chorewars.com/invite.php?id=7a3afd1a7377)

I have started to create adventures, but I was up early this morning and my attention to the computer is waning with each scotch and soda that I consume. Please, TOUAMBies, help me make awesome adventures, and please note that I started creating TOUAMBie themed adventures in random order. Please do not be offended if I have not made one for you yet, and please don't be pissed if you think the adventure that I made is lame. Help me improve, okay?
Title: Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
Post by: Nabubrush on July 29, 2007, 03:05:20 am
It turns out I am a sorceror, and I am gifted at paying bills I think.
Title: Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
Post by: V-Adore on July 29, 2007, 05:05:19 am
I'm a barbarian! Goddammit. Time to go adventure.
Title: Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
Post by: Nabubrush on July 29, 2007, 03:00:01 pm
For some reason, his sites always fuck with me when I go wireless. Pages don't load or are slow as hell.
Title: Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
Post by: pmcd9 on July 29, 2007, 05:22:17 pm
When I set my character up I also created a party and joined it.  I can find no way to quit that party and join TOUAMB. 
Title: Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
Post by: linnea on July 29, 2007, 06:10:54 pm
When I set my character up I also created a party and joined it.  I can find no way to quit that party and join TOUAMB. 

Paul, their site says this: If you want to join multiple parties, you should log out and create a new account for each party, so that they aren't sharing the same pool of experience points.