The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Golfhaus on July 29, 2007, 07:43:42 pm
-
Any old jackoff with a memory and access to VH1 when they show "I Love The 80's" can want to go find a Rubik's Cube and pretend they've gone retro.
Oh, look at that, you've bought an ALF action figure for $75 on eBay. That's nice.
But for those who REALLY want their child's formative years to perfectly mirror their own, you need the Captain Zoom Personalized Birthday Song (http://www.captainzoom.com/). They don't make them on floppy 45s anymore, but you can still get them in CD, MP3, or DVD format. I couldn't be more excited if I could really GET a Snappledrop or a Kooklechoo from them.
-
Hahahaaa! You can also get a Captain Zoom WEDDING SONG. Daaamn.
-
Holy crap I had one of those. For my middle name, that is. Stupid having a first name that didn't become even remotely popular until I was like 20.
I also remember getting a floppy 45 in a cereal box as part of a Ghostbusters 2 contest.
-
When was this big? I don't remember this at all. I like the lists of names available: Juleesa? Johnathan? Jubal? How old is he? 125?
-
Holy crap I had one of those. For my middle name, that is. Stupid having a first name that didn't become even remotely popular until I was like 20.
Wow, that's a buzzkill right there. Even when I was five, I knew that there wasn't a Captain Zoom coming from space to sing to me, but I didn't care because ZOMG MI NAME IZ ON THE REKERD!!!111!!! If it had been my middle name, though, I'd have said, "Huh. Whatever, fag." As it is, the fact that my daughter will be getting one come March is now a certainty; the only question is whether I buy one for myself as well.
Passing this on to my sister has led us to go for the Holy Grail of Shit Like This. Said Holy Grail is mp3s of the songs from The Pac-Man Album (http://www.flickr.com/photos/terrible2z/404323005/in/set-72157594472559160/). She's found copies of the LP itself for sale on eBay, but they're all "used," which means "there's a ten minute period on Side Two you can't hear from when cousin Brutus got mad and threw a coaster at the record player." I've found one mp3 as part of a radio show that was archived on the net, and that was a good start, but I need closure now.
-
..are there not a lot of people named Johnathan? I feel like I know many.
-
..are there not a lot of people named Johnathan? I feel like I know many.
I guess I know more Jonathons.
-
I guess I know more Jonathons.
Jonathans?
-
oh. so the issue is the spelling, not the name itself.
that makes me relieved. I thought that all this time, you know, I was a statistical freak.
or, you know, that i went to a small southern private school. Hey, wait...
-
I don't know this Captain Zoom that you speak of, but I recently downloaded the theme song to "The Get-Along Gang" and it makes me very very happy.
-
Jonathans?
Well, now I'm all fucked up - but since there are like 14 different spellings of the name on there, I guess it's all covered.
-
Oh, my gracious!
I had one of these, which was incredibly awesome, because there wasn't a lot with my name on it as a kid, and most of what was out there was intended for a boy. It was an annual tradition, I would come down to breakfast and Mom would be playing the weird little square floppy record on the hi-fi system in the wood-paneled family room with olive green shag carpeting. (Oh, how I wish I were making at least part of that up.)
They will now customize alternate spellings on the album cover, which is neat. They have Pierce, but not Pearce. Predictably, they have Hamishe, but not Hero. They can make them to order for an extra $10 now, though.
Hmmmm...they have Pedro (also, his actual name). He might be getting one for his birthday. It won't have the same meaning, given that he didn't have one as a kid, but still. I mean, the dude's in charge of the stars, and he lives on the moon, and he came to down earth just to sing me this tune! What could be cooler?
Also: The cover illustration, as I grew older, always reminded me of Elton John.
-
i happen to enjoy playing with rubiks cubes.
-
i happen to enjoy playing with my Etch-a-sketch.
-
Chuck happens to enjoy playing with . . . (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYnt3RTwl0M)
-
Chuck happens to enjoy playing with . . . (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYnt3RTwl0M)
His only #1 ladies and gentlemen.