The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on July 29, 2007, 10:44:03 pm

Title: Fertitta's Deli
Post by: pmcd9 on July 29, 2007, 10:44:03 pm
I spent my first seven years in Shreveport Louisiana.  I have pretty fond memories of living there.  One of the things I remember was getting muffuletta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muffuletta) sandwiches from a little mom and pop grocery store called Fertitta's.  I think maybe it was the two historic houses (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/860582275/) demolished in my neighborhood on the same day that has got me feeling pretty down about the state of "progress," but for whatever reason I started thinking about that old sandwich shop with it's wood floors and screen door.  And those sandwiches, omg.  I did a little google search and discovered that it still exists (http://www.papafertitta.com/).  It gave me a good feeling that something of my youth remains.

V, you are in Shreveport right?  You should check it out and report back to me.  Tell me it's still the same as it used to be.
Title: Re: Fertitta's Deli
Post by: V-Adore on July 29, 2007, 10:52:25 pm
I'm about an hour out of Shreve, but the next time I'm there, I'll check in for ya. And get pictures.
Title: Re: Fertitta's Deli
Post by: pmcd9 on July 29, 2007, 10:54:54 pm
I'm about an hour out of Shreve

Rustin?
Title: Re: Fertitta's Deli
Post by: V-Adore on July 29, 2007, 11:14:25 pm
Natchitoches.
Title: Re: Fertitta's Deli
Post by: pmcd9 on July 29, 2007, 11:28:38 pm
Hell, you're halfway to Houston.  Come see me.
Title: Re: Fertitta's Deli
Post by: V-Adore on July 29, 2007, 11:35:43 pm
I've thought about doing a big Ark-La-Tex road trip, actually. If I get it together, I'll stop by.
Title: Re: Fertitta's Deli
Post by: wombat on July 30, 2007, 12:17:12 am
Natchitoches.

Poetry.

This thread makes me happy. My childhood sandwich is extinct but I am glad that not everyone's is.
Title: Re: Fertitta's Deli
Post by: Nabubrush on July 30, 2007, 12:36:50 am
Sandwiches go extinct? Ah fuck. I'll probably never have a ketchup & mayonnaise ghetto sandwich again, then.
Title: Re: Fertitta's Deli
Post by: pmcd9 on July 30, 2007, 01:01:28 am
Sandwiches go extinct? Ah fuck. I'll probably never have a ketchup & mayonnaise ghetto sandwich again, then.

Like this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/411826888/)?
Title: Re: Fertitta's Deli
Post by: KeithHernandez on July 30, 2007, 03:11:07 am

Like that (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3835.msg97459.html#msg97459)
Title: Re: Fertitta's Deli
Post by: Nabubrush on July 30, 2007, 03:57:56 am
It has to have mayo.