The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: jough on October 13, 2003, 08:22:40 pm

Title: Help Wanted - Artists Apply Within
Post by: jough on October 13, 2003, 08:22:40 pm
Hey kids,

I know a lot of you are graphics artists, artists, photographers, etc.

I'm starting a web site for film discussion - not weekly reviews - just general essay and commentary on worthy films.

Anyway, I need a logo and don't have the time or effort.  So I need to hire someone.

Before I posted something on a web designers bulletin board I figured I'd ask here first.  Payment is negotiable (cash, services like web hosting, web programming in exchange, etc.).

I'm looking for either an ORIGINAL photograph or an original drawing featuring film cans, a film reel, etc. with film coming out of it.  Or something like that.  I'm flexible.  If you have an idea for a logo for http://www.cinema-review.com, let me know, and we can discuss terms.
Title: Help Wanted - Artists Apply Within
Post by: jay-ell on October 13, 2003, 09:37:51 pm
Also, did anyone ever get some Achewood emoticons together?  Not to diss Jough's choices here, but I'm big on being topical, you know?
Title: Help Wanted - Artists Apply Within
Post by: jough on October 13, 2003, 10:11:22 pm
JL, your post was very off-topic.  Ten whacks with a wet noodle.

Yeah, post your emoticons and I guess we can vote on them or something.
Title: Help Wanted - Artists Apply Within
Post by: jough on October 15, 2003, 08:18:27 am
The um, position has been filled.

Mr. Slink did a FABULOUS job with this.  You can see a very small scaled-down result of his efforts here:

http://cinema-review.com

Please note that the site has no content yet.  But dang isn't that film reel just awesome?
Title: Help Wanted - Artists Apply Within
Post by: FeeReep on October 15, 2003, 11:31:30 pm
Quite awesome. Who needs content? Mad props, slinky.
Title: Help Wanted - Artists Apply Within
Post by: Choop on October 16, 2003, 01:55:02 am
Hey, jough, whatever happened to your "art" gallery? Updated Onstadly? I can't even seem to remember where it lives any more.

Which is sad, sort of- I rather miss the punny images.
Title: Help Wanted - Artists Apply Within
Post by: jough on October 16, 2003, 01:59:54 am
Yeah, that's another idea that is updated "whenever I get a new punny idea".

I like working on web sites more than trying to fumble awkwardly around with Photoshop.

It's here, though:

http://jough.com/galleria/