The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: RMJ12345 on August 03, 2007, 12:07:07 pm
-
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08032007
Previous Themes week continues, but with less of the diminished results in my opinion. I laughed. Especially at RB's nervousness blanket.
-
I dislike friday facts but this is a solid fuck*ng gold strip.
Teodore to Molly to Beef to Lyle to Pat to Nice Pete to Ray, it's like a goddamn summary of characters. Onstad should put this up as a cast page, it tells us all we need to know.
-
I don't think MAILBOX, CON'T could make less sense but the blanket bit was pretty funny.
-
Maybe something like this happened to me as a child, and this is why I get really nervous and assume I'm speeding whenever I see a police car.
The police want maximum cuddles.
-
Maybe something like this happened to me as a child, and this is why I get really nervous and assume I'm speeding whenever I see a police car.
The police want maximum cuddles.
Sir, could you please step out of the vehicle and slap yourself on the ass?
-
I got frisked once after being pulled over for speeding. I was on my way back to Athens after seeing The Crystal Method in Columbus with a carload of friends. Perhaps my choice of musical act made the Patrolwoman suspicious of my merit of character. My offense was not egregious - 72 in an area where the limit drops suddenly from 65 to 55, which was more a mental mistake than an attempt to flout the law.
It was also the last time I was pulled over for speeding.
Coincidence, or did the frisking make me subconsciously a safer driver?
-
I see Pat's rock hard abs are still in evidence. Nice to know he's not letting himself go, what with his Softboy fellow.
-
I'm glad that the Pat-Huggins pairing has not been forgotten. One gets the feeling that the cop thing was Pat's idea, and Rod's just going along with it because it's what puddin' wants. He probably finds it endearing that Pat's going through the textbook of Becoming Gay.
Disclaimer: I know nothing about Becoming Gay, and this could all be coming out of my ass.
For me, though, the zinger is the three styles of throwing up. Marinara is the worst. My marinara vomit episode wasn't really marinara per se, but pizza sauce. The result of an evening at the Peanut Festival on rickety rides followed immediately by a trip to Pizza Hut.
-
Dammit, T! The Smiths are silly too!
Silly! Silly! Silly!
I'll fuck*ng CUT YOU, chulo.
-
Oh man, this strip is pretty good. I enjoy reading Achewood a lot, but this one made me laugh out loud maniacally. The "whole cop outfit" was great. I'm also glad that Philippe is short and Pat's bedroom window is tall. Also, "man-lingerie" is comedy gold.
-
The Smiths are one of those bands that I decide I love, listen to nonstop for like an hour, and then say "NO MORE! NO MORE! PAY ATTENTION!" and put the CD away for a long time.
mostly because of Morrissey. Who has the same birthday as me.
-
When Morrissey sings it just comes out like "A BLOOOO BLA BLOO BLOO BLOOOOOOOOO"
-
When Morrissey sings it just comes out like "A BLOOOO BLA BLOO BLOO BLOOOOOOOOO"
Another can for Ms. Watterfield.
-
I like the Smiths! But then again, I'm far too young to have experience them during the '80s. It's nice being able to just focus on the music without having to care about media personas.
-
And a hearty thanks to you, Asherdan, for assuming I was actually talking to you! It must be difficult living in an alternate dimension where you have no choice but to defend yourself every time someone on the Internet is speaking in general terms.
Maximum cuddles,
melack
-
I don't find the Smiths silly at all.
-
VH1 Classic shows old episodes of 120 Minutes on Sunday nights at midnight, just like God intended.
Last night at about 12:30, I flipped to it and saw Robert Smith in a bed, watching a giant clock and looking miserable (I could tell he was miserable because of his makeup and because he's Robert Smith from The Cure).
I rolled my eyes and turned off the TV. I would've stayed up and waited it out, but I don't have time for that silliness.
-
I am trying to figure out this thing where I love the first Cure album, and the other ones are all really silly. Am I missing something?
-
I think what makes the cure silly is that Robert Smith is actually a very happy person.
-
The Cure made a lot of good music.