The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: RMJ12345 on August 07, 2007, 04:17:35 pm

Title: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: RMJ12345 on August 07, 2007, 04:17:35 pm
http://orezscu.blogspot.com/2007/08/im-catering-beef-and-mollys-wedding.html

I'm enjoying how slowly the wedding is being developed - it's something that is a constant presence in the blogs and the strip without overwhelming the world.
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: side_show on August 07, 2007, 05:42:05 pm
A tasting menu based on each of Beef's main friends is and exciting prospect.
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: linnea on August 07, 2007, 06:05:32 pm
A tasting menu based on each of Beef's main friends is and exciting prospect.

Heh...Ray's portion would require a lot of bacon-wrapped prawns. Beef's notion that Ray would want him to get married only so that Ray could gruffle a kilogram of bacon-wrapped prawns is so fuck*ng spot-on. I loved the imagery of Ray having to shore up his bracelet with the other hand because he was dipping broccoli so fiercely into the ranch dressing.
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: side_show on August 07, 2007, 06:14:49 pm
Phillipe's dish would be macaroni and cheese with cut-up wieners or something.  Or more horrifically - a singe French fry in a rollerskate.
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: Turbo Ninja on August 07, 2007, 09:25:38 pm
I am eager to learn what dish Teodor associates with Emeril.
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 08, 2007, 06:48:27 pm
I am going to end up using the phrase "Serious as a milk company," and the listeners will think I am insane.
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 09, 2007, 11:43:16 pm
It's entirely disturbing how similar Peter Hook's (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=180575671) blog is to Lyle's.

(Interesting, I didn't realize that the New Order breakup du jour had entered the world of bloggy drama)
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: nDed on August 10, 2007, 01:35:26 am
I am eager to learn what dish Teodor associates with Emeril.

Perhaps an enormous pile of turkey legs? So far all I know about the guy is that he has hell of weird speech patterns and is head of a (probably defunct) trash-spotting ring. It's kind of a shame that thing didn't really catch on. I blame Onstad for not following through on the Emeril Blog updates.
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: linnea on August 10, 2007, 02:31:59 pm
I've always enjoyed the trashspotting arcs, but I guess that Onstad just isn't feeling it right now. I bet there will be another well-developed Emeril/Spongebath involvement later in the strip. I bet that Beef's wedding will precipitate something out of that, especially since Emeril's mouth was ashes at the basic news of Beef thinking about getting a place with Molly, let alone the wedding.

I don't know, maybe they'll get set to go trashspotting one morning, and Emeril will pull out a Ray-style verbal beatdown, and Beef will have to go lay in a creek or something. Maybe Beef will fugue from the stress of his oldest friends' rejections and just strike out on some horrifyingly lonely Wednesday on a solo cross-country trip in the Galaxie and end up back in Heaven.
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: Leon on August 15, 2007, 06:26:24 pm
I like that Lyle and most Achewood fans went through the same process with the glasses. At first, they make him look like an old cop, but then we see (as Lyle does) that he was meant for those glasses.

Philippe...I don't know...I get the feeling that Onstad is trying to show us that the little critter is growing up, and is attempting this mainly through the blogs. To me, it seems strained. Perhaps that's just a consequence of the phases he's going through - good/evil, sinner/Olympic athlete- .
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: gloomba on August 23, 2007, 02:18:59 pm
New Philippe blog.

I like it when the characters talk about other characters in their blogs, and you get a little bit of insight that you might not get directly from the character in question.  For example: "Please don't tell [Roast Beef].  I know how he likes perfect stuff."

Liking perfect stuff is something I empathize with.
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: Turbo Ninja on August 23, 2007, 04:12:25 pm
Also it's a kid's birthday but they only pretended to run around in the backyard.  Actually taking a lap to the tree and back would've been too much, particularly for those who just ate cake.
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 28, 2007, 05:30:52 am
"Vinegary ablutions" is one hell of a beautiful turn of word.

Just wanted to thank whatever voice in Onstad's head that produces Mr. Bear for that.

It is one of those phrases that, at first, you think would be a great name for a band but... no... it is too good a phrase. It would be wasted on a band. Only use in such as a will would do.

"Bury me in a simple wooden coffin that after a handful of decades my remains may tastefully rejoin the earth from whence they came. Just the shell that was my body in a shell of Adirondack white ash, a nice set of clothes and a collection of vinegary ablutions. I should like to take their tanginess with me to Whatever's Next."
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: theinevitable on August 28, 2007, 05:59:41 am
speaking of which, I would like to name my band Lordosis Behavior, except I would have to explain it to such as my mom.
also that that sounds like only a punk band, and if I were in a band it would probably not be a punk band.
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 28, 2007, 06:15:37 am
I was always gonna name my band Screaming Viking... after the made-up drink that saved Woody's job in the first post-Diane episode of "Cheers"... under the theory that, much as people just pretended to like it because they wanted Woody to keep his job, people would listen to the band more because I'm a likable guy, not so much because the music was actually good.
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: oball on August 28, 2007, 06:32:04 am
I love the description of vegan food as "stuff that punished people have to eat".
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: Lister on September 01, 2007, 07:07:21 am
Well, he couldn't be so crass and wasteful as to advertise.  Advertising requires papers, inks, and lord knows what else that is absolutely destroying this planet every damn day and WHO THE HELL IS DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT JESUS PEOPLE WAKE UP AND SMELL THE SOY GUARANA VITALITY DRINK

Um.

So anyway, yeah.  I do think it's awesome that he does not consider a day of no customers to be the worst opening day.  I wonder what that would have been.
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 01, 2007, 07:16:03 am
On the worst opening day, he would HAVE customers but they would all not-completely-agree-with-him in some way and... yet... they would be paying money and so he would have to try and not blow up on them and judge them, for the good of the cause.

This would only last for, like, five minutes but they would be the worst five minutes of his life.

Then he would blow up and chase them away.
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: Golfhaus on September 01, 2007, 12:44:14 pm
Pat will soon sue Cornelius, saying that the location of the Buddy & Problem is, by its very nature, dooming the survival of his store, since his type of clientèle would NEVER explore a commercial region with such an establishment. As a result, what Cornelius CLEARLY needs to do is close up shop. Or at the very least, move his bar at least 15 miles away from his eco-friendly establishment.

Either that, or Rod will bring the gay porn posse over to hang out, and the front of the store will be perpetually clogged with gas-guzzling convertible Mustangs.
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: RMJ12345 on September 03, 2007, 08:01:02 pm
I just really want to see what Soytopia! looks like.
Title: Re: Blogs of 08-07
Post by: Toaster on September 14, 2007, 03:05:03 pm
Ray's use of the phrase "nice-ass toast" in Teodor's blog made me move the hyphen over, XKCD-style. "Nice ass-toast".