The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Nabubrush on August 07, 2007, 11:45:02 pm

Title: Alexander Kennedy Miller
Post by: Nabubrush on August 07, 2007, 11:45:02 pm
Have you folks ever heard of Alexander Kennedy Miller (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Kennedy_Miller)? His beezer was a little cracked open. I was checking out some info on the Collyer brothers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collyer_brothers), and I ended up with Miller. Which, in turn, led me to the artwork of Nicholas Whitman (http://www.nwphoto.com/nwimages/main.php?g2_itemId=846). Here's his homepage (http://www.nwphoto.com/?page=home), if you want. I was going to derail the depression thread (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3853.msg98288.html#new), but I didn't want it to seem like a judgement or anything. Anyway, I thought y'all might enjoy this.
Title: Re: Alexander Kennedy Miller
Post by: jaydub on August 08, 2007, 01:02:11 am
When I was little, I wanted to become an eccentric genius when I grew up.  All Professor Brainard/Doc Emmet Brown/Caractacus Potts style.  Genius eludes me.  I still aspire for eccentricity, possibly at the risk of deeply embarrassing my daughter when she hits her teens.

Edit:  I really wanted to be Chris Knight!  I must have watched that movie 50 times when it first hit the video stores.
(http://www.fotolode.com/images/jaydub/chrisknight.jpg)
Title: Re: Alexander Kennedy Miller
Post by: theinevitable on August 08, 2007, 01:34:47 am
yeah, me too. I am still kind of going for that, but not taking any science classes is probably going in the wrong direction for that to happen. I guess I can be an eccentric linguist or psych person?
Title: Re: Alexander Kennedy Miller
Post by: Doc on August 08, 2007, 08:49:59 am
Yeah, eccentric genius is still the dream over here. Unfortunately working in uni labs has convinced me I don't have the budget for a decent lab. So that means I either need to build and jerry-rig it all myself or turn to a life of crime.
Either of which is awesome.