The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jay-ell on October 14, 2003, 12:17:24 pm

Title: Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
Post by: jay-ell on October 14, 2003, 12:17:24 pm
Well, I guess it's time we re-open this here forum for us "real fans" who sprung for Serializer subscriptions...

Looks like we're back to the classic-style Ray's Place.  Having read it first thing in the morning, I'm kind of grossed out.  You?
Title: Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
Post by: CortJstr on October 14, 2003, 12:47:48 pm
Him describing the difference between rat and penis traps mainly reminded me of 7th grade science when we had to make cars and catapults and stuff out of rat traps. That was way more disturbing than Ray's 4th rat mishap.

So now I have to wonder if no cats in the 'wood world chase rats/mice or if it's just ones like Ray. Maybe only like redneck cats actually hunt small mammals.

Also, shouldn't it be "Kill All Rats & Racoons Everyday"? Either way I've now got the song D.R.E.A.M. by the Transplants stuck in my head.
Title: Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
Post by: jay-ell on October 14, 2003, 12:52:38 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Maybe only like redneck cats actually hunt small mammals.


Priceless.  This is great.
Title: Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
Post by: V-Adore on October 14, 2003, 06:17:15 pm
Not having sprung for Serializer yet, I have to wonder: is that going to be the permanent home of Ray's Place? Should I just buy my subscription and get it over with?

Incidentally, I am now picturing a version of Deliverance starring squirrel tourists and evil redneck cats. Nicely done, folks.
Title: Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
Post by: CortJstr on October 14, 2003, 06:18:35 pm
According to today's RP he plans on alternating Nate Small installements with column-style Ray's Place. No idea if that's how it'll actually happen or not.
Title: Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
Post by: CortJstr on October 14, 2003, 06:48:07 pm
I haven't been following Nate Small just because it never really grabbed me. I'll probably read it all when it's done. I've heard there's other great content at the site but I haven't looked. Although now that I have a decent connection at home I probably should.
Title: Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
Post by: AugustWest on October 14, 2003, 07:51:36 pm
I couldn't stand missing Ray's Place, so I took the plunge this morning.  Worth it to see the color strips.  Haven't dove into Nate yet.  Hell, it's only 3 bucks.  I can always cancel.
Title: Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
Post by: jough on October 14, 2003, 09:00:57 pm
That's probably what I'll do - join, take a look around, and cancel if nothing but Achewood grabs me.

What the hell.  It's only $3.  Enough people contribute to my online ventures that I can justify spending $3 on someone else's.
Title: Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
Post by: andalucia on October 15, 2003, 12:18:17 am
Ehh.  Besides being a starving student, the content at Serializer never seemed that appealing to me.  I never really had too great a love for Ray's Place, so I intend to continue Not Subscribing.

Because I am bad, possibly to the bone.
Title: Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
Post by: Anarchy_Bowling on October 15, 2003, 02:12:33 am
Finally--a justification for my three bucks that year or so ago.  The color strips were great, but I personally can't stand the Nate Small series.  It was great as a temporary Roast Beef-related gag, and I figured it'd be over quick.

It's makes my brain sing now that Tic Tac's back in business.
Title: Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
Post by: CortJstr on October 28, 2003, 04:10:53 am
Weren't we promised an update this weekend? Did I miss something?
Title: Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
Post by: AugustWest on October 28, 2003, 04:49:18 am
Tell it, brotha!  I read all of Nate Small at lunch today and that fuckin' cliffhanger is a'killing me.
Title: Ray's Place at Serializer: 14 October 2003
Post by: jay-ell on October 28, 2003, 01:35:39 pm
I was wondering about this myself.  Maybe by "this weekend," Chris actually meant "never."