The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Doc on August 16, 2007, 01:21:06 pm

Title: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
Post by: Doc on August 16, 2007, 01:21:06 pm
So the last time I checked the guy was overseas getting shot at but on the offchance you poke your head in I hope you're making the most of your big day man.
Title: Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 16, 2007, 01:44:25 pm
You're saying it's "leprechaun?"  Because I've always read that as "Le Porkin'."
Title: Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
Post by: side_show on August 16, 2007, 02:12:31 pm
It's Le Porkin' Leprechaun actually.  Keeping things short makes thing easier.

Happy Birthday!
Title: Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
Post by: Nabubrush on August 16, 2007, 03:45:18 pm
I basically don't know that guy, or don't remember him. I may have been gone. I hope he is taking care of himself.
Title: Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
Post by: linnea on August 16, 2007, 07:17:16 pm
I remember him, he seemed to post a lot when all that shit went down with my crap dude and I moved to Alaska.

Happy birthday, dude, if you're reading this.
Title: Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 16, 2007, 09:34:45 pm
We haven't heard from him since he was getting his gear in order for a Tour. He needs to get back here. He was entertaining (excellent Mr T/ Wiener Supply avatar) and last posted Dec 2006, so most likely his tour is still going and, worse, may already have been extended as have several of my friends. Try his e-mail to send birthday wishes, though, it's in his profile. If he can get e-mail, I'm sure he'd appreciate being remembered, especially if he's trying to avoid getting shot or worse. I can't remember if he was going to Iraq or Afghanistan.
Title: Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
Post by: lprkn on August 16, 2007, 11:40:10 pm
Well, umm. What can I say, that's really nice, guys. Never thought that people from a messageboard about cartoon cats would send me birthday wishes. I'm touched, literally.

Well, the deal is this: I've been back from Iraq since the beginning of May, but I've been working for the Forest Service as a wildland firefighter in a town with little to no internet access. I actually did mean to start posting again once school started, which is next week incidentally.

My time in Iraq ended up being fairly uneventful, which is good, because nobody in my unit died. I was on the Iraqi-Jordanian border, at a port-of-entry called Trebil. Little teeny base, crappy food(although the cooks did their best), nothing exciting. I was in-country for 7 months, but I trained for 5, so it ended up being a year total.

So, in summary: You guys are pretty cool, and I'll make an effort to hang out here once in a while in the coming months.
Title: Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
Post by: jay-ell on August 16, 2007, 11:57:46 pm
I'm glad that you stayed alive so I could meet you. 

Happy birthday. 
Title: Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
Post by: linnea on August 17, 2007, 12:03:10 am
Well, umm. What can I say, that's really nice, guys. Never thought that people from a messageboard about cartoon cats would send me birthday wishes. I'm touched, literally.

Well, the deal is this: I've been back from Iraq since the beginning of May, but I've been working for the Forest Service as a wildland firefighter in a town with little to no internet access. I actually did mean to start posting again once school started, which is next week incidentally.

My time in Iraq ended up being fairly uneventful, which is good, because nobody in my unit died. I was on the Iraqi-Jordanian border, at a port-of-entry called Trebil. Little teeny base, crappy food(although the cooks did their best), nothing exciting. I was in-country for 7 months, but I trained for 5, so it ended up being a year total.

So, in summary: You guys are pretty cool, and I'll make an effort to hang out here once in a while in the coming months.

Dude, welcome back. Also, firefighting is rad, we had mostly boat fires up where I was in AK. Both A-CAP and I happen to be volunteer firefighters. Are you out of the service/military yet?
Title: Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
Post by: lprkn on August 17, 2007, 12:27:02 am
Yeah I'm still in. I'm in the Marine Corps Reserves, so it's the "one weekend a month, two weeks a year, but basically your ass belongs to us" thing. I really don't mind it too much though, it gives me a reason to stay in shape and is (corniness) a source of personal pride for me.
Title: Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
Post by: Doc on August 17, 2007, 12:30:41 am
nothing exciting

In times of war this is a good thing.

Glad to hear you're back and safe, and able to enjoy being alive for another year.
Title: Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
Post by: AugustWest on August 17, 2007, 01:04:59 am
Happy birthday, glad you're home safe!  Thanks for going.
Title: Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
Post by: wombat on August 17, 2007, 01:29:50 pm
I've been back from Iraq since the beginning of May, but I've been working for the Forest Service as a wildland firefighter

Have you ever considered a career with less exploding, shooting, and things catching on fire?
Title: Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
Post by: Nabubrush on August 17, 2007, 09:27:22 pm
Have you ever considered a career with less exploding, shooting, and things catching on fire?

Where's the fun in that?
Title: Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
Post by: jough on August 18, 2007, 02:26:12 am
That's why I like making the internet.  No matter how badly I screw up, no one ever dies (well, there was this one time I mis-typed a variable and someone had a heart attack, but accidents do happen).

Welcome back, 'Porkin. Happy Birthday.
Title: Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
Post by: lprkn on August 19, 2007, 12:24:19 am
Have you ever considered a career with less exploding, shooting, and things catching on fire?

Uh, never really thought about it that way, but that is funny. Actually got burned for the first time on the job the other day. Stepped into an area of hot ash and dirt. Looks kinda gnarly on my calf.

I don't know, sometimes things can be exciting, but most of the time they're pretty boring. But that's life pretty much.
Title: Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
Post by: Nabubrush on August 19, 2007, 02:29:08 am
Uh, never really thought about it that way, but that is funny. Actually got burned for the first time on the job the other day. Stepped into an area of hot ash and dirt. Looks kinda gnarly on my calf.

I don't know, sometimes things can be exciting, but most of the time they're pretty boring. But that's life pretty much.

Hey, I want you to know that I'm heavily conflicted about a lot of things lately, if you know what I mean, but I really, sincerely appreciate the sacrifices you and folks like you have made on my behalf to ensure that I can keep enjoying the life I am lucky enough to lead. Thank you.
Title: Re: lprkn have a pot o' gold.
Post by: jough on August 19, 2007, 05:08:38 pm
Yeah, thanks for doing all the dangerous, thankless jobs that I'm too much of a pussy to do myself, man.