The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on August 17, 2007, 03:11:21 pm

Title: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 17, 2007, 03:11:21 pm
Congratulations, you've just experienced the comedy law of threes.
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: Doc on August 17, 2007, 03:18:35 pm
Damnit Bobby, I was hoping to find a place I could talk about my pre-mediated murdering with like-minded individuals. Way to lead a guy on.
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 17, 2007, 03:24:01 pm
Slaked lime versus muriatic acid: best  corpse solvent?
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: jay-ell on August 17, 2007, 03:30:27 pm
One time, when I was a chronically bored university science department secretary, I decided to spook myself for Halloween by visiting the Crime Library Serial Killer Database (http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/index.html).  I ended up reading pretty much the whole thing as it existed at the time.  Way scary.  And now I regularly freak Pedro out as we watch Criminal Minds.  "Oh," I'll say casually, "They modeled this guy on Gary Heidnik." 

Apparently, these days, they have a Serial Killer Data Base (http://www.serialkillerdatabase.net/), not unlike IMDB and such.  I'll have to check that out. 
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: wombat on August 17, 2007, 03:41:39 pm
We really need Nice Pete to chime in on this one.
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: CortJstr on August 17, 2007, 04:11:37 pm
Here I was expecting to find out that Bobby was stalking "The Notorious 187" Homicide (http://www.tnawrestling.com/roster/homicide/index.html)
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: side_show on August 17, 2007, 04:16:15 pm
One time, when I was a chronically bored university science department secretary, I decided to spook myself for Halloween by visiting the Crime Library Serial Killer Database (http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/index.html).  I ended up reading pretty much the whole thing as it existed at the time.  Way scary.  And now I regularly freak Pedro out as we watch Criminal Minds.  "Oh," I'll say casually, "They modeled this guy on Gary Heidnik." 

Apparently, these days, they have a Serial Killer Data Base (http://www.serialkillerdatabase.net/), not unlike IMDB and such.  I'll have to check that out. 

I was working on a play about the lives of  the 49 women killed by Canada's worst serial killer (http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/predators/robert_pickton/robert_pickton_jump_page.html) (he's on trial right now) and even got in touch with some victims loved ones, but it got way to depressing and I had to stop.  Even worse, during my research I discovered a photo of a highschool friend of mine in this book (http://www.amazon.ca/Heroines-Social-Documentary-Clarkes-Lincoln/dp/1895636450) which is a collection of documentary photographs of heroine addicted prostitutes from the area the killer stalked, including photos of some women whose remains were later found on the killer's hog farm.  It still blows my mind that 60 women, most of exactly my age and ethnic background could disappear, and that little-to-no attention was paid.  It makes clear to me how discardable human life can be... I'm not sure if I'll ever return to this project, because it makes me hate the world.
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: CortJstr on August 17, 2007, 04:27:32 pm
I was working on a play about the lives of  the 49 women killed by Canada's worst serial killer (http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/predators/robert_pickton/robert_pickton_jump_page.html) (he's on trial right now) and even got in touch with some victims loved ones, but it got way to depressing and I had to stop.  Even worse, during my research I discovered a photo of a highschool friend of mine in this book (http://www.amazon.ca/Heroines-Social-Documentary-Clarkes-Lincoln/dp/1895636450) which is a collection of documentary photographs of heroine addicted prostitutes from the area the killer stalked, including photos of some women whose remains were later found on the killer's hog farm.  It still blows my mind that 60 women, most of exactly my age and ethnic background could disappear, and that little-to-no attention was paid.  It makes clear to me how discardable human life can be... I'm not sure if I'll ever return to this project, because it makes me hate the world.

Sad as it is, I think this also proves that Blond White Girl Syndrome isn't just an American problem. I remember a couple of years ago the local media going batshit crazy about some girl I'd never heard of missing in Aruba, yet never once mentioning a much less blonde local woman vanishing and Motley Crue putting up like $20K in reward money (she was on her way to their show).
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: side_show on August 17, 2007, 04:54:05 pm
Sad as it is, I think this also proves that Blond White Girl Syndrome isn't just an American problem. I remember a couple of years ago the local media going batshit crazy about some girl I'd never heard of missing in Aruba, yet never once mentioning a much less blonde local woman vanishing and Motley Crue putting up like $20K in reward money (she was on her way to their show).

Yes, this is absolutely the case.  Shortly after  Sunshine Wood  (http://popeye.discash.com/childfind/db/child.cgi?alias=141&pm=PDF) disappeared from my city  Dru Sjodin (http://www.drusvoice.com/) went missing in North Dakota.  It was horrifying to see that the media was giving so much more attention to the case of a beautiful blond girl in another city, another country, while so little was given to covering the case of a local missing girl who happened to be aboriginal.  It was as blatant as giving Sjodin front page coverage and burying the Wood case in the back pages.  Sjodin's case was solved, Wood's case is still unsolved.
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 17, 2007, 05:14:55 pm
I was working on a play about the lives of  the 49 women killed by Canada's worst serial killer (http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/predators/robert_pickton/robert_pickton_jump_page.html) (he's on trial right now) and even got in touch with some victims loved ones, but it got way to depressing and I had to stop.  Even worse, during my research I discovered a photo of a highschool friend of mine in this book (http://www.amazon.ca/Heroines-Social-Documentary-Clarkes-Lincoln/dp/1895636450) which is a collection of documentary photographs of heroine addicted prostitutes from the area the killer stalked, including photos of some women whose remains were later found on the killer's hog farm.  It still blows my mind that 60 women, most of exactly my age and ethnic background could disappear, and that little-to-no attention was paid.  It makes clear to me how discardable human life can be... I'm not sure if I'll ever return to this project, because it makes me hate the world.

Someone needs to introduce Mr.Pickton to Karla Homolka.
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: side_show on August 17, 2007, 05:20:08 pm
No Bobby,  since getting out of prison Homolka has gotten married and had a child... which is horrifying in and of itself.
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 17, 2007, 05:22:41 pm
No Bobby,  since getting out of prison Homolka has gotten married and had a child... which is horrifying in and of itself.

Have the baby be the reincarnation of the drugged and murdered sister and you could have a movie starring Lindsay Lohan.
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: jaydub on August 17, 2007, 06:29:55 pm
For some edgy reading, I recommend "Butchering the Human Carcass (http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/e-sermons/butcher.html)".
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 17, 2007, 06:51:21 pm
I had a history teacher in high school who insisted on spending 2 days worth of class time brainstorming on how to commit the perfect murder. The conclusion was to use a silenced revolver with a second hand refiled barrell while wearing a chemical suit. Burn the suit, mutilate the revolver. Freeze the body to confuse time of death and then dispose in body of water. This came seond place to the rare occasion when one can acquire cyanide. At which time all one needs to do is get it in contact with the victim (accidental spill at a bar) and walk away.
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: jay-ell on August 17, 2007, 07:30:33 pm
I had a history teacher in high school who insisted on spending 2 days worth of class time brainstorming on how to commit the perfect murder. The conclusion was to use a silenced revolver with a second hand refiled barrell while wearing a chemical suit. Burn the suit, mutilate the revolver. Freeze the body to confuse time of death and then dispose in body of water. This came seond place to the rare occasion when one can acquire cyanide. At which time all one needs to do is get it in contact with the victim (accidental spill at a bar) and walk away.

I thought the simple way was to stab or bludgeon somebody with an icicle (http://msgboard.snopes.com/message/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/89/t/000380/p/1.html).  That way, the murder weapon dissolves. 
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: linnea on August 17, 2007, 07:31:57 pm
It would take a lot of infrastructure to kill and conceal a body. Like...who has access to an industrial freezer where you can just tuck a body for a few days, weeks, or months? Disposal after that would be hell of messy. The cyanide or some other immediate toxin would be the choice of a seasoned assassin, although perhaps a sniper would be even better.
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: wombat on August 17, 2007, 07:38:38 pm
Hate to spoil the fun, but the perfect unsolvable murder is probably a drive-by shooting of a stranger, using a stolen gun.  That's why fiction is so much better than real life.
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 17, 2007, 08:00:41 pm
I thought the simple way was to stab or bludgeon somebody with an icicle (http://msgboard.snopes.com/message/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/89/t/000380/p/1.html).  That way, the murder weapon dissolves. 

I think they even tried to bust this one on mythbusters or some british equivalent. Then some ice sculptor carved out this vicious dagger that could kill basically anything.
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 17, 2007, 08:03:16 pm
It would take a lot of infrastructure to kill and conceal a body. Like...who has access to an industrial freezer where you can just tuck a body for a few days, weeks, or months? Disposal after that would be hell of messy. The cyanide or some other immediate toxin would be the choice of a seasoned assassin, although perhaps a sniper would be even better.

We got the idea from a real life mafia hitman dubbed The Iceman specifically for his use of freezing bodies. One doesnt need a huge industrial freezer, just a bone saw and a fridge.
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 17, 2007, 08:05:40 pm
Can't silence a revolver. Hot gases and noise escape the cylinder gap between the forcing cone and cylinder face.

ALSO: Wombat, the car should be stolen too. A little increased risk for much greater anonymity.

Really, the greatest risk part of the proposition is being associated with the victim. Doing a snatch without notice, once accomplished, makes it awful easy to fill a hole in the [insert secluded locale] quietly.

im aware. The method of silencing was the question. Most likely a fire glove and tightly wrapped wet blanket.
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: Nabubrush on August 17, 2007, 09:37:27 pm
I think that's quite enough about that. Otherwise I'll have to leave the board again.

Not that it's disturbing, it's just that when they start investigating, this thread will be a dead giveaway, even if I don't post in it.
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: side_show on August 17, 2007, 09:39:29 pm
Have the baby be the reincarnation of the drugged and murdered sister and you could have a movie starring Lindsay Lohan.

Bobby, you make murder fun!
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 17, 2007, 09:55:13 pm
While everyone is voicing their opinion on the perfect murder let me tell you my idea of the most unsolvable murder.

DISCLAIMER - I WILL NEVER EVER DO THIS - I DO NOT CONDONE THIS - AND I AM DISSUADING ANYONE FROM EVEN TRYING

the perfect unsolvable murder is a team of three drivers travelling at unevenly staggered distances on the highway.

Driver #1 pinpoints stranded motorists and reports to Driver #2 the location.

Driver #2 spots and applies any corrections, relaying to driver #3 the rate of change/correction from initial position.

Driver #3 then comes quickly behind and with a silenced sniper rifle, takes out the motorists (difficult to do in motion?).

Meet  at  a rest stop, switch weapons/roles, and then continue down the highway.

Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 17, 2007, 11:07:02 pm
Muzzle flash is highly noticeable.

So is the sound of a bullet above the speed of sound.

I had the fun and unique experience of hearing the bullet sail overhead before hearing the muzzle report last deer season. Not an easy sound to dismiss whether or not you know precisely what it is.

Going with a less that 1100fps round in that scenario adds additional complications and doesn't remove the first issue.

Flash suppressor silencer?
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: jough on August 18, 2007, 02:38:18 am
Meet  at  a rest stop, switch weapons/roles, and then continue down the highway.

You should read Highsmith's "Strangers on a Train."
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: Doc on August 18, 2007, 02:41:38 am
Yeah, relation to the deceased (and therefore motive) is really the biggest thing you need to avoid. What you really need is to meet someone who has no connection to you or the victim. If only there were some way to communicate randomly with total strangers.
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: Nabubrush on August 18, 2007, 06:45:33 am
Yeah, relation to the deceased (and therefore motive) is really the biggest thing you need to avoid. What you really need is to meet someone who has no connection to you or the victim. If only there were some way to communicate randomly with total strangers.

Can-can-can-can-can!

Don't kill me.
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: Ben-San on August 18, 2007, 07:02:00 am
I remember a short story about a man who gets off a train that's randomly passing through West Bumfuck (note: actually Rampart Junction, I checked and the story is Ray Bradbury's "The Town Where No One Got Off"), strikes up a conversation with an old man, and goes for a walk with him. The man has decided to commit the perfect murder - no motive, no connection to the victim, no reason to be in the same state as the victim, just kill him, bury him, get on the next train through and nobody will even notice he was there because nobody pays attention to West Bumfuck Station. The old man decided a while ago that the perfect murder would be to wait for someone to get out at the West Bumfuck stop by accident or on a whim, kill that person, drop him in the river, and let him float down past other crappo towns to the next big city - nobody will connect him to West Bumfuck, because who gets off there? In the end, they go their separate ways.
Title: Re: Homicide, my latest geeky hobby
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 19, 2007, 04:11:13 pm
Then of course, there's what to do at the crime scene. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLD0SNCFtyA)