The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Doc on August 18, 2007, 03:32:34 am

Title: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
Post by: Doc on August 18, 2007, 03:32:34 am
Pretty standard Beef fair here (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08172007). I'm kinda hanging out for Lyle's.

Actually on further review theres a lot of Odd looking Beef faces in this one.
Title: Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
Post by: AugustWest on August 18, 2007, 03:38:52 am
Poor Roasted Beef.  He is so sad.
Title: Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on August 18, 2007, 03:40:21 am
I actually thought this one was worth the wait.
Title: Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
Post by: RMJ12345 on August 18, 2007, 03:50:51 am
I'm not sure if I like this or not. From a perspective that Roast Beef is a cat and not just a human who looks like a cat, it's kind of interesting to see one idea of why cats barf in weird places every morning for periods. I also love the "oh no it's today" and "I still have some double-walled plastic bags hidden in the Economist in the seatback holder." Either of which would have been good thread titles. I don't feel like it's very fresh at this point in Beef's arc. I do love the map of screaming children being drowned over the United States in panel seven.

However, I laughed. And that is a good sign.

I keep trying to write more, but I feel as if it's all word vomit of the sort that skims well and can garner an A if the teacher's not paying attention. English-major crap. So I'm going to call it a night and stop analyzing the neurotic cat on the Internet.
Title: Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
Post by: jough on August 18, 2007, 03:59:49 am
Uncanny.  I woke up thinking "shit it's today" just this very morning.
Title: Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
Post by: linnea on August 18, 2007, 05:54:49 am
I am happy that this was turned into a series. I rather like the panel where Beef is pursing his lips to try and choke back the heaves. Poor guy.

Also, two kids being drowned by their own mothers in my own state! I got a pretty solid rough chuckle outta that one.

I think is the first time I've seen Beef and Molly's bedroom in the pool cabana (pool shed doesn't really seem apt for a house of Ray's magnitude). I guess they haven't got enough scratch between Molly's shitty waitressing jobs/Starbuck's and Beef's coding jobs for some new furniture.
Title: Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
Post by: Bimmicus on August 18, 2007, 11:25:56 am
"Shit, it's today." This is me every morning for the last 16 years. Poor Beef.
Title: Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 18, 2007, 11:38:59 am
I had a roomate who woke up every morning to his alarm clock and yelled "You've gotta be fuck*ng kidding me". Every morning, without fail.
Title: Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
Post by: linnea on August 18, 2007, 04:50:12 pm
I had a roomate who woke up every morning to his alarm clock and yelled "You've gotta be fuck*ng kidding me". Every morning, without fail.

That would get old pretty goddamned fast.
Title: Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
Post by: theinevitable on August 18, 2007, 06:12:32 pm
I've done that once or twice. no pattern to this.
Title: Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
Post by: jough on August 18, 2007, 09:15:07 pm
I had a roomate who woke up every morning to his alarm clock and yelled "You've gotta be fuck*ng kidding me". Every morning, without fail.

Okay, that made me LOL.
Title: Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
Post by: Morrisseys Hair on August 19, 2007, 02:49:38 am
Not saying this to be silly or witty, but I have never related more to any character EV-AR than in this strip.

And its a hard realization to come to, but seriously. I feel the same way often, complete with totally irrational early morning worries, albeit less suicidal.

I often think about which character I relate to the most, but I never want to admit that it's Beef.

But today, it is. Dead on.

Perhaps this warrants its own thread, but which character do you think you see yourself in the most?

I think I am 20% Phillipe, 20% Ray, and 60% Beef.

Theres gotta be some retarded myspace widget/quiz for this.

Title: Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
Post by: CortJstr on August 19, 2007, 02:56:22 am
Not saying this to be silly or witty, but I have never related more to any character EV-AR than in this strip.

And its a hard realization to come to, but seriously. I feel the same way often, complete with totally irrational early morning worries, albeit less suicidal.

I often think about which character I relate to the most, but I never want to admit that it's Beef.

But today, it is. Dead on.

Perhaps this warrants its own thread, but which character do you think you see yourself in the most?

I think I am 20% Phillipe, 20% Ray, and 60% Beef.

Theres gotta be some retarded myspace widget/quiz for this.

Too bad you weren't around when Andalucia was. Her custom rank was Morrissey's Pompadour.
Title: Re: Oh God the Heaves - August 17, 2007
Post by: Nabubrush on August 19, 2007, 03:59:47 am
Jesus man, I hope you are using that brain for something important.