The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: AugustWest on October 15, 2003, 03:36:37 am

Title: Other Fora
Post by: AugustWest on October 15, 2003, 03:36:37 am
What other forums to y'all post and/or lurk at?

I am a Doper (http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/); a Fathomite (http://fff.fathom.org); and a Unaboarder (http://unaboard.coalgoddess.net).  I'm also a TotalFarker and make occasional comments on Fark threads.  I must confess that I've neither posted or lurked at Dumbrella since the Achewood forum defuncted.

Any other good boards I should check out?
Title: Other Fora
Post by: slink on October 15, 2003, 05:14:43 am
I must admit, I havent been back to the Dumbrella board at all. But then I don't read any of the other comics there.
I keep my forum use to a minimum so I remember the important ones.
Here, occasionally the official Tweaker.net forum (Chris Vrenna's post NIN band) and the IBList.com forum since I'm an admin there.
I occasionally will lurk on other forums to find out information, say at the moment trying to find out what's happening with a game's European release date.
Title: Other Fora
Post by: CortJstr on October 15, 2003, 12:54:09 pm
I used to play The Random Game but it closed twice. I also used to mainly lurk at AoD (http://www.animeondvd.com) but I've stopped because I'm trying to save money and I've found a good way is to simply remain ignorant of the new DVDs coming out.

I post at Dumbrella a little but sometimes they just piss me off. A bunch of them are all trying to out indie each other. I can only take so much of people bragging about not having watched TV or listened to commercial radio for 5 years while wearing various hoodies and planning Halloween costumes months in advance.

And I won't even get into the whole image toolbar in IE arguement that happened over there.
Title: Other Fora
Post by: sjlimmer on October 15, 2003, 04:37:25 pm
This is the only forum I really read; Dumbrella is the only other one I've ever even signed up for.  I still do most of my lurking on usenet...

...god I feel old.
Title: Other Fora
Post by: V-Adore on October 15, 2003, 07:14:25 pm
I really stopped lurking Dumbrella after the Achewood board there folded. I lurked the Wigu board for a while, but, well, with the exception of the occasional awesome thread, there was no Wigu there and a whole lot of The Bob Talbot, which I honestly am living well enough about.

Other than this, I'm signed up to a few other boards, but they're generally topical and not worth mentioning here.
Title: Other Fora
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on October 15, 2003, 08:27:51 pm
GreenCine Forums, Elder Scrolls Forums,  and very occasionally on Anime News Network, AnimeOnDVD, and Slashdot. Used to be heavily on Metafilter but I started turning into a jerk so I asked Mathowie to ban me (which he graciously did)(I still read the thing obsessively).
Title: Other Fora
Post by: andalucia on October 15, 2003, 08:32:14 pm
I used to be a regular on the Sonic Youth board before I stopped caring...   Hung out on the K Records board briefly... Now its mostly just this one, although I'm addicted to Metafilter.  I came along too late to join, but I read it every day to the level where I'm familiar with all the personalities and in-jokes.  I even read Metatalk.  It's a little sad.
Title: Other Fora
Post by: jay-ell on October 15, 2003, 08:34:15 pm
I also post on Ryan's forum about Dinosaur comics!  They use a lot more exclaimation points over there!  

http://www.talkaboutcomics.com/viewforum.php?f=152
Title: Other Fora
Post by: slink on October 15, 2003, 09:58:52 pm
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
GreenCine Forums, Elder Scrolls Forums,  and very occasionally on Anime News Network, AnimeOnDVD, and Slashdot. Used to be heavily on Metafilter but I started turning into a jerk so I asked Mathowie to ban me (which he graciously did)(I still read the thing obsessively).


Oh yea, I have the odd post on the Elder Scrolls forums.
And I post on slashdot sometimes, but I tend to get so annoyed at the people there that half the time I don't bother.
Title: Other Fora
Post by: jough on October 15, 2003, 11:22:42 pm
There are other forums?
Title: Other Fora
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 16, 2003, 12:32:53 am
Isn't it 'Fora'?
Title: Other Fora
Post by: CortJstr on October 16, 2003, 01:38:24 am
I own Morrowind but my computer can't realistically run it. I meets the requirements but things don't work as well as they should.
Title: Other Fora
Post by: Choop on October 16, 2003, 01:49:18 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Isn't it 'Fora'?


Yes, indeed it is, my son.
Title: Other Fora
Post by: CortJstr on October 16, 2003, 02:54:33 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Isn't it 'Fora'?


Yes, indeed it is, my son.


Happy now?