The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: slink on October 15, 2003, 12:08:58 pm

Title: Laszlo's (10-15-03)
Post by: slink on October 15, 2003, 12:08:58 pm
Excellent. This freeform open-mic style totally reminded me of Manny getting up on stage at the Blue Casket in Grim Fandango and blasting some rhymes.

The Ooooooh Shiiiiiit kind of sums up my typical view of open mic poetry. As Henry Rollins put it -
"They dress in decades old corduroys and drive shitty old Corollas. And they only write poems for the other lame poets at the readings - 'This is for you Stewart, it's a revenge poem for your accusatory poem at last weeks Long Beach Alcoholics Anonymous Poetry Slam Night'!"
Ugh.

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10152003).
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: CortJstr on October 15, 2003, 01:05:10 pm
Harriet. Har-ie-et. Hard hearted harbinger of haggis.
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: jay-ell on October 15, 2003, 01:11:14 pm
That's what open mic nights always remind me of!  

I need to rent that movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108174/) again.
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: slink on October 15, 2003, 01:12:52 pm
*screams*
A reference I haven't seen! Noooooooooooooooooo
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: jough on October 15, 2003, 02:31:38 pm
Woman.

Whoa, man.

Whooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa!

MAN.

And then, my friend, you die.

AND THEN MY FRIEND YOU DIE, man.
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: CortJstr on October 15, 2003, 02:56:05 pm
She stole my heart and my cat.

and of course

This poem . . . sucks.

How many people are going to rewatch this movie tonight? Hands?
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: V-Adore on October 15, 2003, 03:18:27 pm
Everyone has a groovy time at Laszlo's!

Anyway. Am I the only one who sort of appreciated Beef's poem, in all its misshapen pseudo-beat grandeur? I find the whole tiny-computer-in-a-hamburger image priceless.
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: jay-ell on October 15, 2003, 03:27:15 pm
My favorite part is "The bone is the handle."  Because before that point it was clear that the bone was the handle, yet he tells us anyway that the bone is, in fact the handle!  Which is brilliant!
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: slink on October 15, 2003, 03:37:15 pm
And it's the cigarette that really makes it!

In the mic hand no less! Priceless!
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: Limmo on October 15, 2003, 04:46:08 pm
I'm digging on how Onstad is getting all surreal on our asses again after the epic Pat's-Electrocuted-Dick saga.  

After reading this thread, I'm going to be running Axe Murderer bits in my head all morning.  Thanks, guys.

HEED!   #####!
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: bluebird_of_unhappiness on October 15, 2003, 05:07:08 pm
This cat, he really gets to me.  We are two tormented souls.

Tiny hamburger computer.  Powerful.  Deep.
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: FeeReep on October 15, 2003, 09:42:33 pm
I happily welcome the Achewood style I love the best.

Baby carrot is the trigger.
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: doomglobe on October 15, 2003, 09:56:27 pm
I like how the hamburger is so much more devastating, as a bomb of some sort, probably a nuke if an entire computer is devoted to it, than chicken or corn. WHOA MAN.
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: palm trees on October 15, 2003, 10:53:25 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
hamBOMBger!


pun-tastic.
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: jough on October 15, 2003, 11:21:49 pm
> OPEN DB Achewood;
Ready.
> OPEN Members;
Members table open.
> SELECT * WHERE Member='Asherdan';
1 row(s) selected.
> SET Status='banned' WHERE Member='Asherdan';
1 row(s) updated.
> EXIT
Goodbye!

-=End of Session=-
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: jay-ell on October 15, 2003, 11:28:35 pm
Oh, mercy.  Not this again.
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: AugustWest on October 16, 2003, 02:12:31 am
Why do you hate puns so, Jough?  Were you frightened by Bob Hope as a child?  Tormented in Junior High by a gang of vicious word-players?  Was your gal stolen by a handsome devil with a merciless verbal facility?

Dude, you got ISSUES!
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: Choop on October 16, 2003, 03:49:12 am
caught in his own web! (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=5568#5568)


edited for clarification
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: pmcd9 on October 16, 2003, 04:47:51 am
Beef's poetry is not too good I say.  But he's an awesome front man for a revenge of the nerdsesque pick up band.

Did you miss me?  I know you did.

~Paul
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: jough on October 16, 2003, 05:09:53 am
You were gone? ;)
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: slink on October 16, 2003, 09:01:07 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Why do you hate puns so, Jough?  Were you frightened by Bob Hope as a child?  Tormented in Junior High by a gang of vicious word-players?  Was your gal stolen by a handsome devil with a merciless verbal facility?

Dude, you got ISSUES!


Having your girl stolen by Oscar Wilde. Excellent.
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: andalucia on October 16, 2003, 11:40:40 am
Quote from: "slink"

Having your girl stolen by Oscar Wilde. Excellent.


Somehow, not something to stay up at night worrying about.
Title: 15/10 - Laszlo's
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 17, 2003, 08:33:14 pm
If anything dead tries to steal my girl, I shoot him before I find out if he is a homosexual. No offense to any of you dead guys out there.

I'm deadguy-phobic.