The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: the gooseman on August 24, 2007, 08:13:06 am
-
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08242007
:(
-
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08242007
:(
This.
These last couple of fuck*ng with Phillipe threads really have got Onstad back onto a classic groove.
-
This hearkens back to my own childhood. Ah, the memories this stirs up. The memories.
Thank you, Mr. Onstad.
-
When the strip started I was hoping that we'd get to see the Visible Philippe. Because his skeleton and muscle structure would be really weird looking. But his distraught running face was even better.
-
Urgh. I did NOT need to see something like this so early in the morning.
-
Great. Now I'm going to think about this every time I open a can of dog food. We may have to go back to an all dry kibble diet. The pugs do NOT thank you, Mr Onstad.
-
this strip is really ... bizarre.
also, why is Philippe talking into the earpiece?
-
Oh man. Teodor is spot-on with this one. Philippe's overactive imagination is hilarious. His mum will be horrified to realize that all is left of her son is a disembodied face. Best terrified imaginations sequence ever.
-
This strip was more disturbing than the entire Cartilage Head storyline.
-
All this strip did for me was make me think of the hardest phone call I ever had to make.
It's a toss up between "We want to move the wedding up a year" and "Dad, I'm pregnant...again."
I have not had a very bad life.
Edit: I forgot all the "P has autism" calls. Those were pretty bad -- especially since we got the diagnosis on my mom's birthday. "Happy birthday! You have two autistic grandchildren!"
-
So is Téodor blissfully unaware of how traumatized Philippe is by his answers, or is he just taking his subtle revenge for constantly having his work interrupted by stupid kid questions?
-
Despite the fact that my dogs love it, I'm never buying Kibbles 'n' Otter Face again.
-
So is Téodor blissfully unaware of how traumatized Philippe is by his answers, or is he just taking his subtle revenge for constantly having his work interrupted by stupid kid questions?
Based on his answer to the worst name ever I think that these are just automatic responses from him. Kids ask so many random questions and half the time don't even listen to the answers, let alone retain the information. So he just answers matter of factly and moves on.
-
Funniest strip in a while. I guess my sense of humour is growing darker or something.
"a very bad choice"... well played, Onstad. Well played.
-
my own face has been blown away by this strip
-
Now I know what my Halloween costume will be this year - dotted lines all over my body with a Sharpie to outline my cuts of meat.
-
I am of two different minds about this strip - the first is absolutely horrified/disgusted/aghast.
The second will spend many hundreds of dollars for a painting by Onstad of Philippe's running face.
Why does he feel he has to hurry? Is his life force draining out of his back side, or does he just feel like he needs to tell his mom about his choice that quickly?
-
Why does he feel he has to hurry? Is his life force draining out of his back side, or does he just feel like he needs to tell his mom about his choice that quickly?
He is afraid he will be caught. And eaten. By a dog.
-
He is afraid he will be caught. And eaten. By a dog.
Well, yeah, of course, that makes sense. Duh.
Something else I've wondered: Is Philippe growing up to be Roast Beef: The Next Generation? It seems like the otter has some very dark moments and thoughts that would fit well within the middle cat in his youth.
-
'lippe's wide-eyed credulity does seem fertile soil for a bumper crop of The Hates later on in life. Someday it's all going to come crashing down, and it will not be pretty.
-
Nah, even at a young age Roast Beef was basically insanely depressed and over-intelligent. Phillipe has his moments of fear but is overall pretty happy go luck. And kinda retarded (but what's a guy to do).
One of the things I like about Phillipe is that he seems to operate on the principle that bad things never just happen, they are always the result of Bad Choices.
-
Oh man, every can of cat food is like that for me.
Recently:
Me: Why is it so organ-y? There are so many blatant organ pieces in it. Why is it so organ-y? Come look at this. Look at all the arteries and organ bits! Come look at this!
SO: Yeah, that's a lot of organ bits.
Me: Bleh. Why is it so organ-y? Can't they... can't they do something about this?
I mean seriously - can't they do something about this?
-
They probably could, but you know that the cats like it better the way it is.
-
Oh man, every can of cat food is like that for me.
Recently:
Me: Why is it so organ-y? There are so many blatant organ pieces in it. Why is it so organ-y? Come look at this. Look at all the arteries and organ bits! Come look at this!
SO: Yeah, that's a lot of organ bits.
Me: Bleh. Why is it so organ-y? Can't they... can't they do something about this?
I mean seriously - can't they do something about this?
Whoa! What kind of cat food do you get? I feed the little boys FancyFeast in the miniature can. It is always a very homogenized, smooth pâté lookin' thing.
-
Oh, they wont eat Fancy Feast. They make a face. We feed them Whiskas pate. It's the only kind they'll eat - and only the Salmon or Chicken kind. They're so dam fussy. The artery bits are the worst. I swear, one day there will be a face in there. And I'll just shrug and cut it into the dry kibble without a thought.
-
Oh, they wont eat Fancy Feast. They make a face. We feed them Whiskas pate. It's the only kind they'll eat - and only the Salmon or Chicken kind. They're so dam fussy. The artery bits are the worst. I swear, one day there will be a face in there. And I'll just shrug and cut it into the dry kibble without a thought.
Little bastards! My guys are pretty picky as well. I buy the chicken variety pack so that they don't get tired of any particular kind. I agree wholeheartedly that the "meat byproducts" are fuck*ng disgusting, by the way.