The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: revdj on October 16, 2003, 01:29:55 pm

Title: Onstad did a bad thing! (10-16-03)
Post by: revdj on October 16, 2003, 01:29:55 pm
Onstad mentioned slashdot.com in his latest strip.  Now all sorts of people are going to be going to slashdot, and the servers will not be able to handle the traffic, and it will go down.  I call it the "achewood effect."

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10162003).
Title: Onstad did a bad thing!
Post by: AugustWest on October 16, 2003, 01:43:53 pm
Boy, I sure hope he doesn't mention Fark.

Or, god forbid, this forum.
Title: Re: Onstad did a bad thing!
Post by: slink on October 16, 2003, 02:51:15 pm
Quote from: "revdj"
Onstad mentioned slashdot.com in his latest strip.  Now all sorts of people are going to be going to slashdot, and the servers will not be able to handle the traffic, and it will go down.  I call it the "achewood effect."


That would be somewhat righteous.
Fortunately I've never hosted an article that's been linked by them. So I can just laugh and get pissed off when I want to read soemthing they've destroyed. And then spend a night searching the google archives.
Title: Onstad did a bad thing!
Post by: pmcd9 on October 17, 2003, 12:03:56 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Or, god forbid, this forum.


This forum is up there.  Check it out, it's partially obscured by the speech bubble that reads "computer hella crashin' and goin' black"

~Paul
Title: Onstad did a bad thing!
Post by: andalucia on October 17, 2003, 03:54:36 am
I dont see it.
Title: Onstad did a bad thing!
Post by: AugustWest on October 17, 2003, 03:58:12 am
I gotta second andalucia on this one and say "Nuh-uh".
Title: Onstad did a bad thing!
Post by: doomglobe on October 17, 2003, 04:34:56 am
I really liked how the last panel said "a bullet to the skull is te quickest way" and really a bullet in roast beefs spinal collumn is giving him wireless internet right in his BRAIN all this time. the irony is deafening.