The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: AugustWest on September 07, 2007, 09:01:43 pm

Title: A music video...
Post by: AugustWest on September 07, 2007, 09:01:43 pm
...about the Mandelbrot Set. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES-yKOYaXq0)
Title: Re: A music video...
Post by: troublecat on September 07, 2007, 09:48:17 pm
That's the best thing I've seen all week!

I love Jonathan Coulton lots.  But not in a weird way.
Title: Re: A music video...
Post by: V-Adore on September 07, 2007, 10:50:23 pm
That's a great music video for a fabulous song.

I actually got the chance to see Coulton in concert recently (at PAX), and he was incredible. For someone obviously bowled over by the size of the crowd, he had a great stage presence and some wonderful improv bits.
Title: Re: A music video...
Post by: AugustWest on September 08, 2007, 02:04:27 am
Y'all are obviously much hipper than me, I've never even heard of the guy.  I just love the idea of a song about fractals.
Title: Re: A music video...
Post by: Doc on September 08, 2007, 02:28:16 am
I'd never heard of it either and that was awesome. A can for bringing the quality entertainment AW.
Title: Re: A music video...
Post by: linnea on September 08, 2007, 02:44:39 am
That's a great music video for a fabulous song.

I actually got the chance to see Coulton in concert recently (at PAX), and he was incredible. For someone obviously bowled over by the size of the crowd, he had a great stage presence and some wonderful improv bits.

Jesus fuck, V, you got to go to PAX??? I got to go right before I moved to Alaska in 2004 and I have been dying to go back ever since. HOW WAS IT?? Can you post a short con report? I'd love to hear/read it.
Title: Re: A music video...
Post by: V-Adore on September 08, 2007, 04:08:05 am
PAX was really freakin' cool! I'll work on a con report for another thread.
Title: Re: A music video...
Post by: Lister on September 09, 2007, 11:43:58 pm
Jonathan Coulton does the best version of Baby Got Back ever.

It is amazing.
Title: Re: A music video...
Post by: troublecat on September 10, 2007, 10:14:06 pm
Jonathan Coulton does the best version of Baby Got Back ever.

It is amazing.

Truer words have never been spoken.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ltjbnyvq_SI