The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on September 08, 2007, 03:03:02 pm

Title: Time magazine's 50 worst cars
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 08, 2007, 03:03:02 pm
http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1658545_1657686,00.html (http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1658545_1657686,00.html)

I dont care who you are or what you thought you knew, this is some hilarious shit. I think the writer had his slant on.

"This is the car that gave Communism a bad name. Powered by a two-stroke pollution generator that maxed out at an ear-splitting 18 hp, the Trabant was a hollow lie of a car constructed of recycled worthlessness (actually, the body was made of a fiberglass-like Duroplast, reinforced with recycled fibers like cotton and wood)."
Title: Re: Time magazine's 50 worst cars
Post by: V-Adore on September 08, 2007, 05:51:20 pm
The best part of this article is, by far, the insane early car designs. Who can't love the car with a fake hoss head on the front, to avoid spooking hosss? Or the OctoAuto? Priceless.
Title: Re: Time magazine's 50 worst cars
Post by: linnea on September 08, 2007, 06:31:07 pm
The first one is priceless. The hoss head car. Heh.

There are some cars in there that I've never heard of. I emailed a copy of that article to my gearhead friend, Luke. I'm sure he'll get a kick out of it.

And yes, A-CAP, the author of that article was certainly feelin' no pain as he wrote it. Heh.
Title: Re: Time magazine's 50 worst cars
Post by: theinevitable on September 08, 2007, 06:43:30 pm
hmm.

Um, I kind of love the designs of a lot of these cars. So cool looking!

horrible ideas, though.