The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: linnea on September 12, 2007, 07:24:29 pm

Title: Achewood mourns the loss of early champion Adam Finley.
Post by: linnea on September 12, 2007, 07:24:29 pm
Quote from: Chris Onstad
September 2007
There Goes a Special Boy
We mourn the loss of Adam Finley — journalist, early champion of Achewood. Adam's 2003 interview with us is here (http://www.blacktable.com/finley030409.htm).

Dude (http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=4314153&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1) passed (http://www.themediadrop.com/2007/09/10/adam-finley-blogger-gone-but-definitely-never-forgotten) away (http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/09/10/adam-finley-1977-2007/). This is so sad. He died when he was hit by a bus last Thursday in Minneapolis. The only things he had on him at the time were his keys and iPod. Apple employees were able to trace the iPod back to Finley and thereby identify him.

Kellichou cycles avidly, she has a RoadID on her shoe with emergency contact info. I have a RoadID bracelet somewhere that I REALLY need to dig out and take with me the next time I go road biking.
Title: Re: Achewood mourns the loss of early champion Adam Finley.
Post by: V-Adore on September 12, 2007, 08:14:36 pm
God, that's terrible, although it's good that they were able to identify him.
Title: Re: Achewood mourns the loss of early champion Adam Finley.
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 12, 2007, 10:34:02 pm
I just hope I die while being hugged, and not while in a wine drinking contest.
Title: Re: Achewood mourns the loss of early champion Adam Finley.
Post by: rabidambulance on September 13, 2007, 11:20:11 pm
I just hope I die while being hugged, and not while in a wine drinking contest.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03242003

?
Title: Re: Achewood mourns the loss of early champion Adam Finley.
Post by: JorgeFabregas on September 14, 2007, 02:10:28 am
I have to wonder...was he listening to the iPod? I know a lot of people do that. It doesn't seem very safe. A friend of mine in high school put a big dent in a truck with his person because he was listening to headphones on his bike. He was in the hospital for a long time and always seemed a bit different afterwards. Anyway. I guess I'm trying to  diminish the social acceptability of wearing headphones while biking. Also, I'm a former bike commuter (and would be to this day had they renewed my contract) so I'm not trying to start a bike rider vs. automobile rider thing.