The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Carlos del Vaca on September 13, 2007, 07:06:14 pm

Title: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 13, 2007, 07:06:14 pm
(http://www.bigfool.com/pictures/snakebooze.jpg)

A co-worker just brought this by.  Another co-worker just got back from a trip to Southeast Asia, and brought this back for him as a present.  It's some kind of booze.  With snakes in it.  Two of them.  One's a cobra.  It's biting the other one.

I realize this is very non-multi-cultural of me, and many people around the world would think me very strange indeed for enjoying something as artificial as Pop-Tarts.  But, see, THERE ARE MOTHERfuck*ng SNAKES IN THIS BOTTLE.  And you're supposed to DRINK THIS STUFF.

You'd have to stack the cash pretty high before I'd do a shot with you.  I bet Nabu would do it though.
ADDITION:  And Bobby.
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: Ruta Bagas on September 13, 2007, 07:20:25 pm
Oh, man. There's this spirit at my local that has what look like chicken-egg chalazae suspended in it and tastes like extremely potent, used cleaning fluid. I would take the snake-booze any day.

Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: side_show on September 13, 2007, 07:40:19 pm
Jesus, that looks like Hepatitis in a bottle to me.
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: jaydub on September 13, 2007, 09:12:08 pm
I wonder how that happened - getting the cobra biting the other snake.  Did they stick the cobra in the bottle first, then get the other one in there so the cobra would bite it (since cobras mostly eat other snakes, this seems reasonable) then gas it quickly?  It would seem to be difficult to gas one outside the bottle, then thread it in, along with the victim, and still keep the bite in place.   Mysteries.
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: Ruta Bagas on September 13, 2007, 11:53:56 pm
I have a sneaking suspicion that they killed them both and then clamped one corpse's jaw into place. I think it's a wide enough bottle for that to be practical, if the biting business is intentional and not just a fluke.

Always assuming they're not rubber snakes, of course. I think Carlos should take a bite, just to be sure.
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: iron_felix on September 14, 2007, 12:00:08 am
Looks like just the thing for washing down a hearty plate of rabbit ears! (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3516.0.html)

I suppose this thread will reveal what kind of... drinkie? we have on the boards, then.  I think I might be game for this one... not to start off the evening, obviously, but once I'd become sufficiently intoxicated I could pretend I didn't know what I was doing and down a shot or three.
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 14, 2007, 12:01:15 am
bring on the snake liquor! the rest of you are pansies. Extra bonus points if theres a chance of venom!
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: Ruta Bagas on September 14, 2007, 12:21:51 am
I am upset about being called a pansy after declaring that I would be willing to sample the snake-booze.

There are so many more justified reasons for calling me a pansy!
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: KeithHernandez on September 14, 2007, 03:07:06 am
Once I drank some Chinese liquor made of Peas and something that we make chewing gum out of.  Since then, I stick to Western Liquors, thank you very much.


I ate a Moe's Burrito within five minutes after the shot, but the taste was still there.  It stayed for two days.
Title: Vietnamese Liquor
Post by: pmcd9 on September 14, 2007, 03:39:28 am
My friend was given a bottle of snake liquor (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN12364-E2-1024.jpg) brought back from Vietnam as a souvenir.

If I drank alcohol I would have totally tried it.
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: jaydub on September 14, 2007, 04:14:49 am
I love the look of "delight" on the lady's face.
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 14, 2007, 05:23:27 am
Paul doesnt drink alcohol? my world is shattered
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: linnea on September 14, 2007, 06:29:23 am
Yeah, paul, she looks really thrilled to be holding that. *(hurrr hurrr, that's what she said) ((sorry, it had to be said, it was too obvious))

I agree with Mel, that looks like hepatitis waiting to happen. Who knows what kinds of disease lurks in dead reptiles that are suspended in alcohol. If you would do shots out of Keith Moon's head-suspending vodka, then snakes in a jar oughta be a piece of cake.

Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: Doc on September 14, 2007, 08:10:38 am
I would totally drink that. I love me exotic booze.
Title: Re: Vietnamese Liquor
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 14, 2007, 01:20:33 pm
My friend was given a bottle of snake liquor (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN12364-E2-1024.jpg) brought back from Vietnam as a souvenir.

If I drank alcohol I would have totally tried it.

Damn, Paul, that looks like it came from the same muthafuckin' snake booze store.

I'll have you people know it's all I can do to keep from posting "We got MUTHAFUCKIN' SNAKES!" in every topic.
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: side_show on September 14, 2007, 04:56:20 pm
 Education people. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_wine)
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 14, 2007, 05:41:32 pm
drinking the fermented blood and venom of an endangered poisonous snake has made it to my list of things to do before i die.
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 14, 2007, 05:51:24 pm
Quote from: A-CAP
drinking the fermented blood and venom of an endangered poisonous snake has made it to my list of things to do IMMEDIATELY before i die.

Fixed that for ya.
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: Golfhaus on September 14, 2007, 07:40:58 pm
Education people. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_wine)

From there: "According to Wang Fuxing, the general secretary of the Association for the Conservation of Wild Fauna in China, 'the traders exaggerate the protein qualities of snake meat, which makes the consumers seek this dish more and more in restaurants.'"

Wang Fuxing, even though I am positive you pronounce your name completely differently than I am currently doing, I think you have the best name ever.
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: jaydub on September 14, 2007, 10:17:53 pm
I'm pretty sure it sounds like "wong foo-shing'", which still sounds sort of rad.
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: theinevitable on September 14, 2007, 10:44:22 pm
WHY IS CHINESE TRANSLITERATED IN A WAY INCONSISTENT WITH ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION!? FUCK!

I feel like Wombat answered this earlier. It just... still pisses me off.
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: Golfhaus on September 15, 2007, 12:42:59 am
WHY IS CHINESE TRANSLITERATED IN A WAY INCONSISTENT WITH ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION!? FUCK!

I feel like Wombat answered this earlier. It just... still pisses me off.

Because it's all ching chong wing wong (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02212002). I mean, DUH.
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: wombat on September 15, 2007, 02:40:21 am
OK, having occasionally and recently defended snakes on this very board, I would like to say that - especially after clicking on Paul's picture, I am quite sure that there is no place for motherfuck*ng snakes in motherfuck*ng beverages.  No matter what Wikipedia says.
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: jay-ell on September 18, 2007, 10:27:22 pm
Education people. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_wine)

Another thread killed with facts. 
Title: Re: Snakes in a Drink
Post by: JorgeFabregas on March 26, 2008, 10:07:50 pm
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080326/ap_on_fe_st/odd_snake_vodka;_ylt=AiPu7p2N9JlEjFTZtnOspA-CAPQE4F

Don't try this at home without a license.