The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: jough on October 17, 2003, 08:35:13 pm

Title: All Hail the D
Post by: jough on October 17, 2003, 08:35:13 pm
http://www.tenaciousd.com/commandments.html
Title: All Hail the D
Post by: slink on October 17, 2003, 09:47:14 pm
I'd only break the fifth commandment.
God bless the 'D.

*wanders off and listens to some - including the wonderful Jack Black version of Let's Get It On. Curses for me missing them at the Fringe!*
Title: All Hail the D
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 17, 2003, 09:56:14 pm
Following number five has a good effect on following number six, though.
It's all that sugar, you know?
Title: All Hail the D
Post by: CortJstr on October 17, 2003, 10:04:22 pm
Should 6. be followed by "sometimes" or "frequently"?
Title: All Hail the D
Post by: slink on October 17, 2003, 11:02:36 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Following number five has a good effect on following number six, though.
It's all that sugar, you know?


You guys have seen me! I'm too damn skinny as it is! And my sugar intake is as near zero as I can get it in a world where it's hard to avoid.
Title: All Hail the D
Post by: jough on October 17, 2003, 11:05:32 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Should 6. be followed by "sometimes" or "frequently"?


Seriously, because as the song tells us, sometimes you just gotta fuck her HARD.
Title: All Hail the D
Post by: AugustWest on October 18, 2003, 02:33:42 am
I liked number 8.  Who the hell knew that D was such a "regular" guy?
Title: All Hail the D
Post by: V-Adore on October 18, 2003, 06:10:04 am
I confess that, having been kept up many a night by last year's Loud Overstereo'd Bint Across the Hall blaring "Fuck Her Gently," I just can't handle the D. Can anyone suggest any therapy?
Title: All Hail the D
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 18, 2003, 08:25:07 am
Maybe getting fucked gently would help.

Just thinking out loud here.
Title: All Hail the D
Post by: side_show on October 18, 2003, 12:39:14 pm
I got the D disc for my boyfriend a couple a Valantines' days ago because he really likes them.  But I must warn: do not play this CD while romancing your lady.  There is something very uncomfortable and disconcerting about listening to wry commentary on the thing you are actually doing.  So fuck her gently? Yes, -but don't listen to "Fuck her Gently" while you are.
Title: All Hail the D
Post by: Mite on October 18, 2003, 02:10:59 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
So fuck her gently? Yes, -but don't listen to "Fuck her Gently" while you are.

Seconded. Taught me never to have my mp3s on random during special moments.
Title: All Hail the D
Post by: slink on October 18, 2003, 04:47:57 pm
Hell, it would feel too much like there was an overweight hyperactice guy in the room with you...
Scary...
Title: All Hail the D
Post by: side_show on October 18, 2003, 06:00:58 pm
Actually you just describe how my boyfriend used to look - at the time he looked just like Jack Black, which made it all the more creepy.  I guess it would have been two overweight hyperactive guys in the room.  Now my boyfriend has a physical labor based job and he's lost so much weight his ##### fall down.
Title: All Hail the D
Post by: V-Adore on October 18, 2003, 08:04:14 pm
Jack Black in the room while you're making out = scary image.

And yes, leaving WinAmp on on random during tender moments tends to be awkward at the very least. Even in the best-case scenario, there's inevitably an "... excuse me, honey, I'm going to fast-forward through the MC Hawking now" moment.
Title: All Hail the D
Post by: andalucia on October 19, 2003, 04:18:16 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
"... excuse me, honey, I'm going to fast-forward through the MC Hawking now".


True.  Story.
Title: All Hail the D
Post by: V-Adore on October 19, 2003, 05:14:16 pm
Or there's always the second approach, freezing for a moment and deciding not to bother, because he's probably not gonna try to make the lyrics out anyway and, hey, maybe he likes the Landfills...

I really should have learned my lesson re: Winamp by now.