The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Victoria Waterfield on September 24, 2007, 06:04:51 am

Title: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on September 24, 2007, 06:04:51 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09242007

This one is rather awesome.

Also, another rare instance of Roast Beef smiling.
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 24, 2007, 06:24:23 am
I dunno.

I could see Emeril drowning a baby, if it aided him in his quest to remain closeted in his homosexuality.

He seems like he'd be a really nice guy in most measures of the term but, man, if you had photographic evidence that he is gay, he would fuck*ng cut you without a thought.

If it destroyed those pictures of him sucking Mario Batali's cock, he'd drown THREE babies.

BAM, BAM, BAM.
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: V-Adore on September 24, 2007, 07:07:31 am
The panicking squirrel baby is the best part.
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: jay-ell on September 24, 2007, 01:47:46 pm
And by best, do you mean...worst? 

I had some pretty bad nightmares about my son being kidnapped last night so I was not up for the rough chuckles this morning. 
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: Turbo Ninja on September 24, 2007, 02:17:11 pm
At first I thought Beef was talking about his trashspotting friend, not the bloated guy from Food Network with black spray paint on his bald spot.

TOO MANY EMERILS!
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: jaydub on September 24, 2007, 03:24:44 pm
What an awesome start to the week!
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: AugustWest on September 24, 2007, 05:28:41 pm
Maybe he could get Elzar to do a guest shot.
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: CortJstr on September 24, 2007, 05:42:22 pm
I wouldn't let Todd anywhere near my spice weasel.
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: Toaster on September 24, 2007, 06:45:10 pm
squirrel baby = cute
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: linnea on September 24, 2007, 06:53:37 pm
I also thought that it was about Trashspotting Emeril. Rough chuckles indeed. How many times has the drowning children come up in Achewood? I can think of one (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08172007) instance, so that hardly makes a pattern or recurring theme over a five year lifespan.
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: theinevitable on September 24, 2007, 09:09:53 pm
Quote
Maybe he could get Elzar to do a guest shot.
and
Quote
I wouldn't let Todd anywhere near my spice weasel.



CAN'D!
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: Golfhaus on September 24, 2007, 09:10:28 pm
In a way, it's stranger to think of Trashspotting Emeril committing a crime. He just doesn't seem like the kind of guy to do it. Famous Emeril... eh. All famous people think they can get away with shit.
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 24, 2007, 09:39:25 pm
I was waiting for someone to go for an Achewood/Futurama/Dune dork-trifecta with some sort of "the spice must floooooow!" reference.

I was waiting because I couldn't figure out a way to actually turn that into a joke.

I just kinda had the reference sitting in my pocket, waiting to become a joke.
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: AugustWest on September 25, 2007, 03:32:45 am
I was waiting for someone to go for an Achewood/Futurama/Dune dork-trifecta with some sort of "the spice must floooooow!" reference.

I was waiting because I couldn't figure out a way to actually turn that into a joke.

I just kinda had the reference sitting in my pocket, waiting to become a joke.

Don't overthink the joke, just throw it out there.
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: theinevitable on September 25, 2007, 03:35:39 am
Quote
Quote from: littlefallsmets on Today at 04:39:25 PM
I was waiting for someone to go for an Achewood/Futurama/Dune dork-trifecta with some sort of "the spice must floooooow!" reference.

I was waiting because I couldn't figure out a way to actually turn that into a joke.

I just kinda had the reference sitting in my pocket, waiting to become a joke.

Don't overthink the joke, just throw it out there.

Yeah, seriously, don't you hate people who overthink things when they should just....
wait...
never mind.
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: AugustWest on September 25, 2007, 03:37:19 am
Yeah, seriously, don't you hate people who overthink things when they should just....
wait...
never mind.

KANT!
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: theinevitable on September 25, 2007, 03:42:03 am
?
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: AugustWest on September 25, 2007, 03:43:35 am
?

I gave you a Tiny Can of Dr. Pepper because I appreciate the wittiness of your trenchant comment.
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: theinevitable on September 25, 2007, 03:51:40 am
oh. I read it as the philosopher, and was confused. I do not know what things that man said, except that What doesn't Kill Him Makes him stronger (also: that's how long I been on ya? possibly a different guy.)

(so, if you cut off Kant's legs and arms, it would make him stronger? AWESOME!)
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: AugustWest on September 25, 2007, 04:00:21 am
I'm afraid you've confused Immanuel Kant with Frederich Nietzsche.

Sorry, but long long ago I was a Philosophy major.  Don't ask me about Schopenhauer.
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 25, 2007, 04:05:53 am
That's the thing, though.

I didn't... have a joke.

I only had the reference.

I couldn't throw out a bare reference and pretend it was a joke!

That would make me, uh, "Family Guy".
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: V-Adore on September 25, 2007, 04:06:25 am
I'm afraid you've confused Immanuel Kant with Frederich Nietzsche.

Sorry, but long long ago I was a Philosophy major.  Don't ask me about Schopenhauer.

Schopenhauer? I thought you barely knew her!
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: theinevitable on September 25, 2007, 04:07:11 am
oh, damn.

that makes my joke about confusing Kant with Kanye West even worse than it already was.

lfm: duly noted.
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: Drastic Action on September 25, 2007, 06:10:54 am
So the next step is to refer to giving cans as applying the Categorical Imperative on them.
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 25, 2007, 06:48:51 am
Quote from: Drastic Action
applying the Categorical Imperative

Best code term for "having sex" ever.
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: jaydub on September 25, 2007, 03:16:25 pm
Wittgenstein was a beery swine
Who was just as sloshed as Schlagel
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 25, 2007, 04:07:23 pm
Tuna Casserole
Ingredients: 1 large casserole dish

Place the casserole dish in a cold oven. Place a chair facing the oven and sit in it forever. Think about how hungry you are. When night falls, do not turn on the light.

--The Jean-Paul Sartre Cookbook (http://www-berkeley.ansys.com/wayne/sartre-cookbook.html)
Title: Re: 24th September 2007 - It's surprising because he is so nice!
Post by: jay-ell on September 25, 2007, 04:59:32 pm
(so, if you cut off Kant's Nietzsche's legs and arms, it would make him stronger? AWESOME!)

Yes.  It would make him stronger in his brain.