The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on September 27, 2007, 05:23:53 am

Title: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
Post by: AugustWest on September 27, 2007, 05:23:53 am
PERMALINK EDITED IN BY V (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09262007)

I appreciate the value of a 1983 Mercedes in a general sort of way, yet I've never been a big fan of cocaine.

What does that tell you?  I don't know.  I like other Northern European cars of the same vintage.  Your VW's, your Volvo's, your SAAB, your dang ol' 2002s.

I just wonder how fat Todd will get before his heart explodes and he dies.
Title: Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
Post by: V-Adore on September 27, 2007, 05:27:54 am
I done fixed yer post.

Also, no comments on "Waterslide Magic?"
Title: Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
Post by: jaydub on September 27, 2007, 05:31:42 am
I like how he had (at least) two pictures of the Mercedes.  A single pic just doesn't capture the f'frikkin awesomeness.
Title: Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
Post by: linnea on September 27, 2007, 06:04:38 am
Oh, Todd.

I shall not comment on this strip, lest my thoughts be branded "lame" by the cocaine-snorting Todd fanboys. Oh, wait, that's AssBar. I did find this strip a poignant insight into Cocaine Ideas, though. I wonder if Onstad had blow-crazy friends in college or something.
Title: Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
Post by: theinevitable on September 27, 2007, 06:31:07 am
the extent of my Blow experience is one guy.
The two quotes are:

"Wow, Nic was so happy to see me! he just jumped up and hugged me!"
"yeah. um. dan. he is pretty excited about everything right now."
"oh. What? OH!"

and
"hey, sarah, can we go outside? I have a headache."
"What?"
"I need to smoke. I did a bunch of coke last night."
"oh. so... what?"
"well, see, it makes your face go kind of numb. So I was clenching my jaw all night. now my head hurts."
"Oh. Does smoking help?"
"no. it just kills me a little bit."

I love that guy so much. He's one of the biggest assholes I've ever met. But... in a way which is really specific and endearing, if that makes sense.
He laughs and calls his ex-girlfriend a Whore to her face, and then later he is talking about her and uses the phrase "slept together." No other guy my age that I know speaks of these things in such respectful terms... so it's very jarring coming from him.
Title: Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
Post by: Beatrice on September 27, 2007, 01:09:49 pm
i dated a guy this summer who's roomate was just starting to develop a Problem when they moved in together.  he's a couple years younger than me so i still not sure how he was acquiring increasing amounts of money but within a month he was a full-blown coke head.  the worst part was watching his "friend" who'd already been very efficiently addicted for many months move in to create and then leech off this guy's new habit. 

despite all of this, when you catch them later in the day/evening coke heads are a lot of fun.  nothing quotable, but yeah.
Title: Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
Post by: CortJstr on September 27, 2007, 01:10:17 pm
I done fixed yer post.

Also, no comments on "Waterslide Magic?"

Human chicks or squirrel chicks? How does Todd swing here? And why just handjobs? Think bigger, man!
Title: Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
Post by: jaydub on September 27, 2007, 03:16:33 pm
Human chicks or squirrel chicks? How does Todd swing here? And why just handjobs? Think bigger, man!
Surely squirrel chicks, unless magnifying glasses and tweezers are in play.
Title: Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
Post by: AugustWest on September 27, 2007, 03:33:11 pm
I done fixed yer post.

Also, no comments on "Waterslide Magic?"

Oh dang it!
Title: Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 27, 2007, 06:59:44 pm
Quote from: CortJstr
And why just handjobs?

The risk of creating children would only add to Todd's Endless Troubles.

He is dumb but he isn't stupid. It's bad enough spending all your money on drugs and being constantly on the run from the cops because your whole life is about drugs and on the run from people you owe money for drugs, baby mommas looking for money would just be another Trouble. And it wouldn't even be drug-related!

On some twisted preternatural level, the cocaine has taken over and... cocaine is smarter than Todd is. It knows that it wants more cocaine and it knows that Todd needs to get off and... it knows that babies are even more expensive than cocaine.

The cocaine has found a compromise and put that compromise in Todd's tiny brain.

That compromise is handjobs.
Title: Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
Post by: jay-ell on September 27, 2007, 08:16:34 pm
The tiny cans of Dr. Pepper have taken over my brain, and they command me to give LFM a can. 
Title: Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
Post by: jaydub on September 27, 2007, 11:35:26 pm
But...he has so many!  The gap between the canned and the canned-nots will increase!
Title: Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
Post by: ritaxis on September 28, 2007, 03:27:11 am
I went through the hell of joining this messageboard so that I could express my infinite gratitude that so fine a comic as "Achewood" is with us. Thank you so much; I've been reading it for four or five years and I'm very pleased with it. This car strip was a wonderful example.
Title: Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
Post by: oball on September 28, 2007, 04:26:12 am
Are you the same ritaxis who posts on Dumbrella?
Title: Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
Post by: linnea on September 28, 2007, 06:25:18 am
Dude, you could have just posted on AssBar and saved the trouble for you and us.
Title: Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
Post by: V-Adore on September 28, 2007, 06:27:07 am
Dude, you could have just posted on AssBar and saved the trouble for you and us.

Allow me to respectfully disagree with linnea here. Newcomers are always welcome to show up and talk about their appreciation for Achewood. Lame spamming should be saved for AssBar.
Title: Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
Post by: theinevitable on September 28, 2007, 06:39:58 am
yeah, please, do not send him to assbar. it's inhumane.
Title: Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
Post by: pmcd9 on September 28, 2007, 05:15:40 pm
I think the "hell" he or she is referring to is the increasingly stringent brand of hazing we employee here.
Title: Re: 26 September 2007: A 1983 Mercedes
Post by: jay-ell on September 29, 2007, 06:25:05 pm
But...he has so many!  The gap between the canned and the canned-nots will increase!

Whatever, commie.