The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Asherdan on September 28, 2007, 03:43:56 am
-
(https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s---uBhIrEa--/oqil2ysvksn6vmluk2of.gif)
-
Happy birthday to our well traveled, literary, talented, and lovably off-kilter Canadian playwright. May the next year bring you the satisfaction, contentment and excitement you deserve!
-
Smells
you are rad to the max. to the extreme
as I said before, you are younger than I thought, and I mean that in the most positive way possible. You have the Wisdom of a Wise Old Lady, but are still hot and young. Mm.
-
Golly we're lucky you hang around here, Smells. Thanks. Have a happy one.
-
This board is a lot richer wth you here. Happy Birthday.
-
Smells, you are a jewel, and I'm glad I met you. Happy birthday.
-
Happy Birthday Mel, may your troubles always be in the past.
-
Mel, you kick much ass. Have a rockin' birthday. We are so glad to have you around here!
-
Happy Birthday Mel, may your troubles always be in the past.
Smells is a time-traveling do-gooder. You say "I hope your troubles are behind you," and she says "You have no idea" and winks at the camera before the credits roll.
-
I wish you a happy birthday, too.
I don't have anything clever to add, though.
It is late and all. But happy birthday nonetheless!
-
Happy birthday smells, I'm drinking a beer for you.
Well for me, but also for you.
-
Ahh.. thank you all.
I was a good day. I got some beautiful jewelry, a Sigg bottle, the new Weakerthans CD and some Cote d'or chocolate. Also I went to this high class all-you-can eat sushi place with the SO and had a romantic evening. Also I got loving calls from the SO's grandma and mom and got to talk to his sister too. I've made some really hard choices over the past few weeks that have lead to real freedom for the first time in my life. So, yeah, life is pretty sweet.
I actually had an experience yesterday which sort of sums up the last year of my life in a way:
I was sitting at a bus stop after work on the main drag of my city. My iPod was playing "Hey Jude." A van pulled up at the bus stop to drop some ladies off, not noticing the giant semi-behind it going full speed, not anticipating that a vehicle would stop in the middle of the road. The semi blares its horn and slams on the breaks and the ladies in the van shriek in horror. The semi screeches to a halt just before hitting the van. The ladies in the van look at me, their faces still uncertain if something horrible has happened. We both see each other's faces and realize that by some miracle all is well. I grin, they grin back. "naaah, nah, nah, na na na nah. Nah nah nah nah, hey Jude!" It's a lovely moment of humanity where three strangers all connect with each other on a human level like that. We all giggle as the ladies get out of the van and run of down the street, off into the distance. The semi-driver shakes his head. The van and semi drive off. Catastrophe avoided. Life goes on.
Sad fact: Onstad has only posted a comic on my birthday three times, all three were mediocre. None were posted last year or this year.
-
(can'd for having the same birthday!)
-
I was sitting at a bus stop after work on the main drag of my city. My iPod was playing "Hey Jude." A van pulled up at the bus stop to drop some ladies off, not noticing the giant semi-behind it going full speed, not anticipating that a vehicle would stop in the middle of the road. The semi blares its horn and slams on the breaks and the ladies in the van shriek in horror. The semi screeches to a halt just before hitting the van. The ladies in the van look at me, their faces still uncertain if something horrible has happened. We both see each other's faces and realize that by some miracle all is well. I grin, they grin back. "naaah, nah, nah, na na na nah. Nah nah nah nah, hey Jude!" It's a lovely moment of humanity where three strangers all connect with each other on a human level like that. We all giggle as the ladies get out of the van and run of down the street, off into the distance. The semi-driver shakes his head. The van and semi drive off. Catastrophe avoided. Life goes on.
Smells, that is so vivid. I feel like I was there.
♫ Take a sad song and make it better ♫
-
Smells, that is so vivid. I feel like I was there.
♫ Take a sad song and make it better ♫
"Hey Jude" is like my theme song these days.
"And any time you feel the pain, hey, Jude, refrain
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders
Well don't you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder?"
All great advice. It's an incredibly comforting song all round.
-
Someone notable (it may have been my Dad) once said, "Life is a series of catastrophes that fail to happen".
...We all giggle as the ladies get out of the van and run of down the street, off into the distance. The semi-driver shakes his head. The van and semi drive off. Catastrophe avoided. Life goes on.
-
Happy birthday to one of my favorite storytellers!
-
I have a theme song too, but somehow "Put-Em on the Glass" just doesn't resonate with people like "Hey Jude."
-
Almost, almost did this one on time.
Happy belated birthday, Smells. Glad to know it went as well as it did.