The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: theinevitable on October 04, 2007, 06:12:19 am

Title: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
Post by: theinevitable on October 04, 2007, 06:12:19 am
Goodness gracious.

I never want to do cocaine, especially not now. What if I ate a lady's sexy underwear?
The Comic is Pretty Funny, but not Laugh Out Loud funny. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10042007)
Title: Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
Post by: iron_felix on October 04, 2007, 07:17:18 am
Onstad has juxtaposed two unrelated concepts - Emeril and self-inflicted whale tail-ectomies.  It's surprising because he is so nice !

Todd is exactly the kind of bullshit little man who would go to Jelq-Con.  Do they actually have a convention for that?  I'm hoping it's just a humorous contrivance of the author's.
Title: Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
Post by: side_show on October 04, 2007, 01:15:49 pm
A convention for a singe product?  That seems unlikely.  A quick search of Jelq Con brings up a bunch of Spanish language sites selling it. 

I don't really like the Todd strips.  Where the hell's the wedding?
Title: Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
Post by: linnea on October 04, 2007, 04:14:23 pm
I don't really like the Todd strips.  Where the hell's the wedding?

QFT.
Title: Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
Post by: colmore on October 04, 2007, 05:00:12 pm
This machine, on the other hand is giddy with anticipation of Ray and Tod in Vegas.

Hijinks!

And yeah, cocaine is bad news.  Its primary effect is the desire to do more cocaine.  Stick to abusing your ADD meds, like the normal kids.
Title: Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
Post by: dejavroom on October 05, 2007, 06:07:11 pm
I don't really like the Todd strips.  Where the hell's the wedding?

QQFFTT..
Title: Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
Post by: V-Adore on October 05, 2007, 09:00:44 pm
This machine, on the other hand is giddy with anticipation of Ray and Tod in Vegas.

MODOF: Mental Organism Designed Only For Fanboying?

(I have attempted to make this post three times since yesterday. I couldn't tell you why.)
Title: Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
Post by: theinevitable on October 05, 2007, 09:45:22 pm
is the reason that yesterday the board was broken?

or is it some kind of therapy for something that happened to you when you were younger?
Title: Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
Post by: V-Adore on October 05, 2007, 10:06:46 pm
I didn't do it.

Nobody saw me do it. You can't prove anything.
Title: Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 06, 2007, 03:27:42 am
I did not totally understand this strip.
Title: Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
Post by: V-Adore on October 06, 2007, 03:37:14 am
I did not totally understand this strip.

Cliff's Notes version:

The cocaine-addicted squirrel, on a cocaine binge, calls his cat patron to explain that he has eaten a great deal of women's (presumably) underwear. The squirrel becomes paranoid that he will not be allowed on the plane because airport personnel will detect his having eaten underwear, and while the cat attempts to convince him that this is not the case, the squirrel instead panics and attempts to open his abdomen to remove the underwear, using a sharp architectural element to do so. The cat has to fly to Las Vegas to retrieve the injured, paranoid squirrel, despite the cameraman bear's concerns about punctuality.

(This would be the strip's alt-text in an ideal world where everything needed to be explained repeatedly.)
Title: Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
Post by: KeithHernandez on October 06, 2007, 04:36:27 am
And yeah, cocaine is bad news.  Its primary effect is the desire to do more cocaine.  Stick to abusing your ADD meds, like the normal kids.


OFT.

Also, I kind of perceived underwear to be a code word for coke?
Title: Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 06, 2007, 04:44:23 am
And yeah, cocaine is bad news.  Its primary effect is the desire to do more cocaine.  Stick to abusing your ADD meds, like the normal kids.

And its so flipping expensive. Coke is the wave of the past, we live in the age of meth, people. Cheaper, longer lasting, and you can cook it in your carhold. Evolve.
Title: Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 06, 2007, 05:35:02 am
he squirrel instead panics and attempts to open his abdomen to remove the underwear, using a sharp architectural element to do so
This is the part I didn't totally get. Did he actually do this or just threaten to? Also, whale tail-ectomy...am I missing something? It sounds vaguely like cutting something off, which seems vaguely related to Todd cutting himself, but is this choice of words simply because of the rhyme?

Edit: I looked it up. I guess whale tail is a reference to an exposed thong or some such.
Title: Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
Post by: jay-ell on October 06, 2007, 06:11:23 pm
I thought he had eaten his own underwear.  The underwear he had packed for the trip. 

Remember when he made himself a thong? 
Title: Re: Whale-Tail-ectomy (10/4/07)
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 17, 2007, 03:28:43 pm
Today I saw a ~1991 Mercedes with a vanity license plate that read ECTOMY.

I thought that it was going to pull into the McDonald's corporate HQ, but it did not.