The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Choop on October 21, 2003, 11:55:19 am
-
LOVE Beef's expression of complete and utter disdain (tinged with and brought on by pure horror) in panel 2.
More threesies! Keep them one-offs comin'!
WOO!
(first post!)
Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10212003).
-
Ah I love it.
A wonderful welcome back were the last two strips.
(I've been phone lineless since some time Saturday night when it popped and went under).
-
Ray's conversations with Roast Beef always seem to blow something up in RB's personal 'emotional minefield'.
That would be 'cause Beef's 'emotional minefield' has more mines than field.
I too enjoy the "threefer". They're kinda like an Achewood one-hitter, as it were.
-
I like how Beef's eyes go narrow almost like he's trying to stare down Ray in panel 2. I agree the recliners are a nice touch, too.
I never noticed before (I'm slow that way) but does Beef always speak in a smaller font than Ray?
-
I never noticed before (I'm slow that way) but does Beef always speak in a smaller font than Ray?
It looks like he just speaks in a smaller font in general: http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07302003
-
I still find the armchair posing awkward and weird-looking. Maybe I'm just not used to it yet.
I love the implication in the alt-text that somehow one transmutes from being the nacho-er staring at the eye to the eye itself. Creepy as hell.
-
It's like that short story about the guy who stares at the lizard and they switch places. Weird.
Edit: found the story about the Axolotl (http://www.cis.vt.edu/modernworld/d/axolotl.html) by Julio Cortazar.
I remember having to read this in Spanish, I think in High School. Having reread it for the first time just now (and the first time in English) I would restate my original post above...but I'll just say spend 15 minutes reading it, it's pretty good.
-
I think the pair of chairs (recliners) is a new thing, it fits.
Ray and Beef have used these chairs at least once before (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07082003).
But I do like today's, especially describing the kid as having "the same face as you"
brilliant
-
Pretentious thought of the day:
Is Beef's dread of children a subconscious reason that he relates to Molly so well and real women so poorly? After all, when your girlfriend is dead, the chance of accidentally spawning is very, very low indeed.
(Of course, the logical question is then "why does she have the condoms if she's dead?" But... uh... I dunno.)
-
This is why I'm so happy I found me a lady who doesn't want any spawn either. Although I guess that could change in a few years.
-
Spawn are good. Useful. Cute. Someone's gonna have to change your Depends and feed you your Ensure eventually, my friend. Might as well be someone who cares about you.
-
Spawn are indeed evil, except Spawn, who's just from Hell.