The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on August 01, 2003, 03:30:43 am

Title: I've been putting it off, but...
Post by: AugustWest on August 01, 2003, 03:30:43 am
This week I'm definitely e-mailing Ray.  

I'm feeling a little, well, adrift and I could use some validation from a cartoon cat.

I'll let you know how it all turns out.
Title: I've been putting it off, but...
Post by: jough on August 01, 2003, 03:34:03 am
I wrote him last week for the first time, and he reponded to my letter (the one with the dinosaurs).

Fun stuff.  And a funny yet pretty decent answer.
Title: I've been putting it off, but...
Post by: slink on August 01, 2003, 03:47:54 am
I've been considering writing him... Not sure though, if it was the genuine adriftness problem I have at the moment, well my letter would go on for about 13 pages and he'd cut all but three sentences and then slag me off, so you know...
I may just write him telling him how adrift I feel without the Achewood board over at Dumbrella, but that would be neither big, nor clever I'm sure.

...dinosaurs!? I'm gonna have to back and reread that...
Title: Dino
Post by: jay-ell on August 01, 2003, 02:20:13 pm
With Ray's success despite having no qualifications and being a cartoon cat, I've been considering opening my own advice column.  If you have a problem and need advice, e-mail or PM me and I'll answer it down in jl's world.
Title: Too many advice columns
Post by: Pedro Picasso on August 01, 2003, 02:45:55 pm
I don't know that this world needs another advice column, jl.  Between StrongBad, Ray Smuckles, and Dr. Lorna from Sluggy Freelance, I think we have our advice needs pretty well sewn up.

Maybe if yours was more specific like, "JL's advice column on how to get with the women."  Or even more specific like, "JL's Advice on Turning on Queens."  Hell, why not, "How to Turn JL On."

I'd write in.  :D




Disclaimer: The Pedro Picasso does not go around turning on other people's spouses, but is interested in learning how to for academic purposes.  He also refers to himself in the third person and uses a "the" to puff himself up.  He's so cool.
Title: Re: Too many advice columns
Post by: jay-ell on August 01, 2003, 02:50:27 pm
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"


Disclaimer: The Pedro Picasso does not go around turning on other people's spouses, but is interested in learning how to for academic purposes.  He also refers to himself in the third person and uses a "the" to puff himself up.  He's so cool.


The Pedro Picasso does, however, take particular delight in turning on his own spouse.  I should know.  
Title: I've been putting it off, but...
Post by: AugustWest on August 01, 2003, 03:03:19 pm
I know.  Maybe you should ask Ray if you should start an advice column.
Title: Re: Too many advice columns
Post by: CortJstr on August 01, 2003, 03:36:57 pm
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Maybe if yours was more specific like, "JL's advice column on how to get with the women."  Or even more specific like, "JL's Advice on Turning on Queens."  Hell, why not, "How to Turn JL On."

I'd write in.  :D


I thought we already learned that step one was to buy her a Serializer subscription
Title: Re: Dino
Post by: The Wonderous Me on August 01, 2003, 09:52:13 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
With Ray's success despite having no qualifications and being a cartoon cat, I've been considering opening my own advice column.  If you have a problem and need advice, e-mail or PM me and I'll answer it down in jl's world.

Ahh, but the alure and the satisfactory answers are that he is qualified to be a cartoon cat!
Title: I've been putting it off, but...
Post by: Choop on August 02, 2003, 03:24:31 pm
I had an advice Gollum once. Totally worthless, unless you wanted to know the best kind of boots to use when crossing to Mordor.
Title: I've been putting it off, but...
Post by: jay-ell on August 02, 2003, 04:28:00 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
I had an advice Gollum once. Totally worthless, unless you wanted to know the best kind of boots to use when crossing to Mordor.


Yuk, yuk.  

Priceless.
Title: I've been putting it off, but...
Post by: jough on August 02, 2003, 07:04:31 pm
Oh God.  I'm locking this thread based on the really bad puns that seem to be stinking up the place.

Really, if you're going to make bad puns, at least make them in the "Smells" forum.

GOODBYE FIRST RAY'S PLACE THREAD.  WE HARDLY KNEW YE.