The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: KeithHernandez on October 10, 2007, 06:22:22 am
-
I am sure at least some of you know about Radiohead's new album, which is being released by them, over the internet, for whatever you would like to pay. It is at inrainbows.com. So, I guess, what is your reaction to this and the album. Also, how much did you give. I gave 2.50 pounds, or around five dollars. I wanted to give alot because I think this is cool, even though I am not a huge Radiohead fan these days, but, as long as they make $1.50 per order they will come out even with if they would have done the normal thing, assuming they sell as much as they otherwise would. I forgot to say that I didn't pay a lot, but wanted to, that is what i didn't get across.
It was just released about an hour ago and I am waiting to pay, so I haven't heard it yet.
-
Radiohead have made a record. I paid the same as you.... now website... MAKE WITH THE MUSIC
-
hmm.
multiple people IMed me during my radio show asking if I would be playing the new album in its entirety (??). just now, walking across a quad at almost 2 AM, a kid yelled my name across the quad-- just to call me over and ask if I had heard it. he was shocked and appalled when I said no. Apparently I'm supposed to be a Radiohead fan?
-
It is okay- way better than I anticipated, but really, really mellow for a Radiohead album. More listens will be needed.
-
Apparently I'm supposed to be a Radiohead fan?
And why not?
-
It is okay- way better than I anticipated, but really, really mellow for a Radiohead album.
Ok now don't tease...
-
Ok now don't tease...
I was expecting it to be really bad. All of my favorite bands have been releasing progressively shittier albums. I thought this was going to be Radiohead's "At War With the Mystics" or the one that I would not be able to listen to, at all. Other examples include SFA's last two albums, Modest penis, Spiritualized, and Wilco's last two. These were all bands that were THE BEST BANDS EVER to me 4 years ago (with Radiohead being number 1) and that I now like but not really any of the material that they have released during these last four years. Hail to the Thief was like SFA's Phantom Power, really good songs and also songs that made me think they were slipping (which SFA did). This isn't the greatest thing they have done, but it is pretty good. Not so urgent is maybe the way I would compare it between their others,
Plus, you can have the album for free in less than five minutes legally--there shouldn't be time to tease.
-
I thought this was going to be Radiohead's "At War With the Mystics" or the one that I would not be able to listen to, at all.
Off-topic: I've had a copy of "At War With the Mystics" sitting around, unlistened-to, since shortly after its release. I'm a little afraid of it, and I kind of want to spend my effort on "Soft Bulletin" instead, which isn't new to me but I know will satisfy. Please reassure me that I will ever listen to this album?
-
I felt that way about At War With the Mystics for a while.
Now I love it.
-
my opinion of At War with the Mystics: Egh.
my opinion of Soft Bulletin: Egh.
Transmissions from the Satellite Heart or In a Priest-Driven Ambulance, por favor.
-
There's a word for "In Rainbows": "Nondes-fuck*ng-cript". You may call me simplistic, but these dudes are just afraid to rock...
-
Yeah, it's okay, but not great.
-
I stole a few songs off the wub for evaluation purposes. Radiohead are great at coming up with unique sounds and smearing them all over things that barely qualify as songs.
-
The second disc, available only with the $80 boxed set (or for free on the internet) is much better than the actual album. B-sides FTW.
-
ha, I just got that a couple days ago (kinda forgot to download it) and you are right.
-
I'm kind of tired of Radiohead. I would like some rock in my rock, thanks. Please pretend to have an emotion that is not melancholy, and maybe write some lyrics.
Also Fusion Jazz was a disservice to each genre. Just throwing that out there.
-
I'm enjoying random songs here and there, but there hasn't really been any band in a long time that's knocked my socks off. And the new albums from bands that used to knock my socks off are kinda bland (Radiohead, R.E.M., Morrissey, Belle & Sebastian, etc.).
-
Please pretend to have an emotion that is not melancholy, and maybe write some lyrics.
What's wrong with 'no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no'?
-
I saw Radiohead in concert a couple of weeks ago. they were great.