The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on October 15, 2007, 03:02:55 am

Title: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 15, 2007, 03:02:55 am
I don't even think her tits are that good. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10152007)

It is also notable that you can see a little bit of male-teddy-bear-camel-toe. Yes, that is the first place I look and that is exactly what I look for. The joy of seeing it takes my mind away from how unfunny this strip is.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 15, 2007, 03:06:22 am
So what, he changed into some kind of black body suit that fast to keep the show rolling? Why wouldn't he bail too, especially if the bank backed out...who's paying him?

and....and....

not a good effort.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 15, 2007, 03:07:01 am
Was the gold star next to bobby's name ever explained?
Also, this strip gets a 1.5
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: linnea on October 15, 2007, 03:38:46 am
My SGC asked me about Achewood. I'm kind of embarrassed to link him to the current storyline because I don't find it funny. It is still my favorite strip and I still read it every day. When we first started dating, I showed him xkcd (http://www.xkcd.com/) and he was immediately hooked. I'm worried he'll think I'm a moron if I link him to the strip...maybe I'll send him the link to the first one and have him start at the beginning, since that's how I was hooked.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: theinevitable on October 15, 2007, 03:41:47 am
the other day I directed a nice girl who is taking an art class on sequential art to www.achewood.com. She really liked Cartiledge Head (which I have the poster of on my wall.)

Yeah, this one didn't do much for me.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 15, 2007, 03:45:47 am
Many things here:

a.) I assume that's the Star of Probation.

b.) You have to have people start Achewood at the beginning, it's the only way to go.

c.) C'mon, her tits are good.

Maybe they're not GREAT but those are good tits.

If Salma Hayek's tits aren't at least good, man, I think we're asking too much of tits.

If her tits aren't at least quality and acceptable, I don't know what you're actually expecting of tits.

They're good tits.

Tits.

d.) Not one of the better strips but calling a rail of coke a "bump" gave me a little chuckle.

I like weird terminology like that.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: theinevitable on October 15, 2007, 03:48:30 am
egh. They're a little big for my tastes. Maybe it's just the couple of pictures I saw, though.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on October 15, 2007, 04:39:27 am
Heh, Todd's wearing a tie. Hilarious.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: V-Adore on October 15, 2007, 04:39:35 am
Dammit, because I read this thread before the strip, I can't look at anything besides T's cameltoe-thing. Eeeeurgh.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: AugustWest on October 15, 2007, 04:44:55 am
That Salma Hayek.  She sure does have good tits.  And how.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 15, 2007, 04:53:46 am
Quote from: V-Adore
T's cameltoe-thing

My friend out here all call the male cameltoe "bonch".

BONCH.

We call normal cameltoe on a lady or even an un-split prominent ladymound a "bonnet".

Because... y'know... some bonnets are nice to look at!

But even if you like dudes, every bonch is ugly. Even gay dudes and ladies who like seeing cock-and-ball all running free and such agreed that an undifferenciated bulbous male bulge through tight ##### is a fuck*ng ugly thing.

A bonch.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: KeithHernandez on October 15, 2007, 04:58:20 am
A bump is a much, much smaller line of cocaine, for the record.

In my experience they are usually used when you have about a line left, which can be used and you will feel like shit in 20-45 min, depending on a bunch of things, or you can do four bumps over the course of an hour to try and come down easy.  Or, they are used in between lines.  Or, since I am not an addict and can't tell you for sure, maybe to get through the day for coke heads until the lines start flowing at night?
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 15, 2007, 05:18:45 am
Oh, I know. You don't spend that long in Los Angeles without quickly learning that.

However... I love the deep-water miniscule slang of illicit subcultures.

Dunno why. Love it. Prison slang, gypsy slang, 19th century British gay slang, drug slang, hippie slang.

Slang is awesome.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 15, 2007, 05:24:07 am
Oh, I know. You don't spend that long in Los Angeles without quickly learning that.

However... I love the deep-water miniscule slang of illicit subcultures.

Dunno why. Love it. Prison slang, gypsy slang, 19th century British gay slang, drug slang, hippie slang.

Slang is awesome.

You forgot Cockney Rhyming Slang, Hedge.*





* from "Hedge your Bets" ("Little Falls Mets")
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 15, 2007, 05:34:34 am
A bump is a much, much smaller line of cocaine, for the record.

In my experience they are usually used when you have about a line left, which can be used and you will feel like shit in 20-45 min, depending on a bunch of things, or you can do four bumps over the course of an hour to try and come down easy.  Or, they are used in between lines.  Or, since I am not an addict and can't tell you for sure, maybe to get through the day for coke heads until the lines start flowing at night?
This guy I know who is definitely not me mixes powdered tobacco snuff with a certain percentage of cocaine in a bullet shaped bump dispenser, such that it holds half a month's worth of bumps in the container.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: KeithHernandez on October 15, 2007, 05:55:12 am
This guy I know who is me moved on to better things.  Cheaper longer lasting and semi-legal (these college doctors give away anything!).  If that guy who is not you is you then you really moved up in my book.  If not, still a good person for you to know.

Anyone ever done snuff?  I roll my own tobacco so I have tried it, but, god, it is horrible.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: KeithHernandez on October 15, 2007, 05:59:48 am
However... I love the deep-water miniscule slang of illicit subcultures.


Yeah, I can totally dig on that.  Just so you know, a bump and a rail are exclusive terms, I would think.  And yeah, I like the culture as much as the drugs.  I hope I never need prison slang though.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: Toaster on October 15, 2007, 06:18:11 am
Is Teodor wearing false eyelashes?
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: ryanpeq on October 15, 2007, 06:30:26 am
the best part of today's strip was when it reminded me to a google image search for selma hayek
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 15, 2007, 06:46:38 am
the best part of today's strip was when it reminded me to a google image search for selma hayek
Ditto.  Apparently she won the Mr.skin award for best breasts.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 15, 2007, 06:48:21 am
This guy I know who is me moved on to better things.  Cheaper longer lasting and semi-legal (these college doctors give away anything!).  If that guy who is not you is you then you really moved up in my book.  If not, still a good person for you to know.

Anyone ever done snuff?  I roll my own tobacco so I have tried it, but, god, it is horrible.

Cigs in this town cost damn near $8 a pack, and ive noticed a growing trend of people rolling their own smokes. How does one get started in this trade. PM me.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: Popegeorgeringo on October 15, 2007, 01:57:11 pm
I think what makes Achewood so good is its willingness to take risks.  For every cutting edge humor fest there is atleastt one dud. idea that plays too long. This one is not as bad as others, though.  For me at least, the Great Outdoor Fight was a big miss, but surprisngly one that articles cite as a highlight.   Often the t-shirts and gear seem to highlight the misfire strips.  The bunny ambulance just doesn't do it for me.

Some of my favorite strips in the last year or two:  Ray's blue toilet; Becoming a tit man, and the Molly/RB pending nuptials.

The Pope.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: littlefox on October 15, 2007, 03:09:55 pm
Often the t-shirts and gear seem to highlight the misfire strips.  The bunny ambulance just doesn't do it for me.

SO true.

I actually didn't mind this strip, because it made me imagine Teodor coming up with other retarded "impressions" before finally resorting to shouting out obvious physical features.
In general I have despised this storyline, even the books off-shoot with Cornelius. It's making me worry that Achewood is going to go down an unfunny path of no return. That ... that would be Sad.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: Bimmicus on October 15, 2007, 04:49:16 pm
Quote
They're a little big for my tastes.

I know these are English words, and they appear to be arranged in a proper sentence, but they don't make any sense to me. Too... big? Nope, simply can't parse it.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 15, 2007, 04:59:28 pm
There are basically two situations wherein a lady's maguffies can be too buh.... buh... bi... it's a very hard to type thing.

1.) They're surgically altered to the point of being cartoonishly fake.

2.) The lady in question's breasts are only large because of some malady, such as morbid obesity or so forth.

God wasn't fuckin' around when he invented the titty. God was ON that day.

If it grows naturally on a lady's chest and it ain't a tumor or a glandular disorder or something, it ain't too big.

At least too big to my eyes. If you're having back problems and you need to trim 'em back a bit, penisltov.

I mean, I'll be SAD, but I understand.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: jay-ell on October 15, 2007, 05:00:33 pm
Mmmmmm, yeah, Salma Hayak is hot. 

Hot.  So hot.  I actually think that, in addition to her flawless boobies, she also has a nice-looking face. 

But -- just me, maybe? 
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 15, 2007, 05:04:25 pm
The only problem with Salma Hayek is that unless she talks very... very... slowly, she doesn't make any sense.

being a fast talker + using your second language = I don't know what the hell you're saying.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: Bimmicus on October 15, 2007, 05:23:14 pm
I'm a bit concerned over the quality of recent strips too, but maybe Onstad is just having a little autumn slump. We've all been there. Even my craps don't have their usual go-getting verve in any given October.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: colmore on October 15, 2007, 07:13:18 pm
The basic problem with the internet is that you get two pages of dialog out of every hour's worth of content.  Look at any great newspaper strip.  When it arrives to you once a day, you frequently go "heh" rather than laugh out loud.  But when that Far Side book is sitting on your toilet for two decades, you appreciate the near hits as much as the classics.

Imagine if every one of those squares had an appended 5,000 words of variations on "Another cow strip?  Shark. Jumped."

I think this storyline is one that works better as a book on the toilet.  Sure it isn't the funniest thing on the internet today, and it isn't the funniest Achewood ever, but that's really the wrong standard to hold anything to.

Anyway, I laughed at today's strip.  Imagine seeing Tod on TV, cut to Teodor in a leotard (Teodor in a Leotard: untaken band name) slowly singing -- his voice isn't as good as he wants it to be, you know -- Gooooood tiiits.

Also: where's the applause coming from?

Also: Todd needs way more than a bump right now.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: theinevitable on October 15, 2007, 07:38:24 pm
yeah, actually? I think it's more a case of my being bad at judging boobs from pictures. especially clothed pictures.

because now I am thinking of some boobies I have experienced on one level or another in real life, and... some of those were bigger, and very very nice.

but usually I go by the Handful rule.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: jay-ell on October 15, 2007, 11:04:16 pm
The only problem with Salma Hayek is that unless she talks very... very... slowly, she doesn't make any sense.

being a fast talker + using your second language = I don't know what the hell you're saying.

I still don't see the problem.  I mean, what is she doing talking, anyway? 
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 15, 2007, 11:33:39 pm
Well, if you're with a lady whose dirty-sex-talk sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks reading the Baja Fresh menu board...

It could be problematic, I imagine.
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: Popegeorgeringo on October 16, 2007, 01:55:32 am
We can debate all day whether we like Salma or her tits, but your average Joe on the Street would definately pronounce her sweater-puppies which are real, large, attached to a reasonably attractive girl (and I'm talking back when she was in her 30s), and frequently are squeezed together and displayed in a low cut blouse as being "Good."
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: lprkn on October 16, 2007, 02:22:51 am
hear, hear
Title: Re: 15 October 2007 -- Salma Frikkin' Hayek, everybody!
Post by: Bimmicus on October 16, 2007, 03:03:31 am
a lady whose dirty-sex-talk sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks reading the Baja Fresh menu board

That sounds kind of hot, ackshully.