The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Golfhaus on October 19, 2007, 10:17:30 pm
-
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/17/AR2007101702359.html (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/17/AR2007101702359.html)
Interesting discussion on MeFi (http://www.metafilter.com/65695/If-I-had-a-hammer), where I found this. Mostly centering around this question: Would the media have found this story so funny-ha-ha if the person of interest was a man? What if he was a black man?
-
If it ain't obvious I'm basing my opinion on the fact that we're basically a society that wants a good show.
Fox will pick this up as a weekly series of old women seeking vigilante justice on big corporations. Next week: Grandma in Wheelchair Torches AOL Office.
-
If it ain't obvious I'm basing my opinion on the fact that we're basically a society that wants a good show.
It ain't just us. Pretty much anyone from the Romans to the Bushmen to the Tuvan Throat Whistlers likes slapstick, mayhem and bare ass-cheeks getting smacked. Its part of our shared humanity.
-
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks