The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: AugustWest on October 27, 2007, 03:20:50 am

Title: Look at what my baby did!
Post by: AugustWest on October 27, 2007, 03:20:50 am
She made a video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_jaLW7OsvY)  I'm proud of her.
Title: Re: Look at what my baby did!
Post by: Doc on October 27, 2007, 03:32:12 am
Nicely done, definitely superior to the interminable anime-to-random-music videos that fill youtube.

Title: Re: Look at what my baby did!
Post by: side_show on October 27, 2007, 03:32:26 am
That's pretty good stuff - clean editing, pacing to match the music, etc.

Also, I hate to break it to you, but she's not a baby anymore.
Title: Re: Look at what my baby did!
Post by: AugustWest on October 27, 2007, 03:36:07 am
She'll always be my baby.

I thought it was pretty decent for a 14 year old.  She shot all the footage herself and did all the editing.  The end is better than the beginning.
Title: Re: Look at what my baby did!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 27, 2007, 03:54:47 pm
Nicely done yet still lacking footage of AW on Jeopardy.
Title: Re: Look at what my baby did!
Post by: melack on October 27, 2007, 06:12:37 pm
Nice work! And a lot better than the only video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XVkyw17osQ) I've ever made and submitted to youtube. So many inside jokes...
Title: Re: Look at what my baby did!
Post by: theinevitable on October 27, 2007, 07:38:17 pm
this is pretty cool.

It is weird to me that at this point, there are kids doing this stuff and... they are so much younger than me. They are KIDS.
I am suddenly at a point where everyone younger than me is just SO YOUNG.
Although yesterday a Junior girl I've been in class with all year told me she always thought I was a senior, so, maybe I look old? I don't really think I do...

Did she learn how to do all this stuff by herself? Technology is so amazing.

I am glad that you are proud of your kid doing stuff like this. And that your daughter wanted to show this to you. You are a good dad.
Title: Re: Look at what my baby did!
Post by: AugustWest on October 28, 2007, 04:31:00 am
this is pretty cool.

It is weird to me that at this point, there are kids doing this stuff and... they are so much younger than me. They are KIDS.
I am suddenly at a point where everyone younger than me is just SO YOUNG.

Yeah.  About 5 years younger.  A veritable eternity.

Quote
Did she learn how to do all this stuff by herself? Technology is so amazing.

She did.  It is.

Quote
I am glad that you are proud of your kid doing stuff like this.
 

How could I not be???

Quote
And that your daughter wanted to show this to you.

Yes.  Me too.  She's usually very secretive about her stuff, so I'm very pleased.  Although I think she's proud of her work and looking for a little validation.  I should her some of your comments -- she was mad at me for posting the link, but pleased with the response.

Quote
You are a good dad.

I try, but there are plenty of aspects of it I suck at.
Title: Re: Look at what my baby did!
Post by: theinevitable on October 28, 2007, 07:40:01 am
I mean, some parents are not into their kids doing this kind of stuff. I don't know. My parents always were, but I knew other kids whose parents were not into it.
Title: Re: Look at what my baby did!
Post by: pmcd9 on October 28, 2007, 07:51:23 am
Our esteemed August West is not your typical parent.
Title: Re: Look at what my baby did!
Post by: pmcd9 on October 28, 2007, 05:19:09 pm
This (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/1786103184/) is the best picture I have of August and his daughter.
Title: Re: Look at what my baby did!
Post by: jough on October 28, 2007, 05:52:11 pm
Wow, that's really good, and not even just for a first movie.  It's just good in general (especially in relation to the videos that YouTube saw fit to suggest on your daughter's video page).

Do you know what software she used to make this?

If she's really interested in video editing, get that girl a Mac with Final Cut Express ASAP.  She could be employable by the time she leaves high school if she learns the tools now.  And there's no reason not to learn the tools, since you can get them on a $1200 consumer computer and practice in your bedroom with techniques you read on the internet.

Whenever I start to worry for our future (I listened to the radio for a few minutes yesterday) I'll encounter something like this and then think maybe we'll be okay.