The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on November 02, 2007, 08:22:53 pm
-
yes they are.
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11022007 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11022007)
-
You become king by getting lesser men to punch each other in the face, and then you step up above the riffraff while all the ladies are standing there glaring at the hooligans.
Ray didn't win the GOF by taking on all challengers - he picked his battles (or Beef picked them on Ray's behalf) and capitalized on moments when he was the strongest face-puncher in the joint.
-
Kings are probably alright as long you're also a king. Otherwise they could make you do hell of stuff you don't want to do. If you're also a king, then you get your vast throngs of nobodies to kill a bunch of his vast throngs of nobodies to settle disagreements like whether your boy gets to marry his pretty daughter or the toothless one with gout.
Pretty, as long as you overlook the walleye and tendency to bleed when touched.
-
Is Beef doing finger quotes in panel 4? Is he placing ironic emphasis on raw? I gather from his distant look and the smaller size of his text that when Ray gets on a topic like this Beef injects a measured amount of commentary... you know, just to keep his friend from ranting all one-sided. But I didn't think he'd do finger quotes... because he just talks that way.
-
The more I see of the Los Angeles public school system, the more I start to believe that... yeah... public schools are actively secretly run exactly to only teach lower-class kids just enough to be able to do menial things for rich people but to never inspire them to ever consider anything more, anything that could possibly upend the apple cart.
Back where I grew up, the failings of the school struck me a lot more as incompetence and indifference... but man, out here.
Out here, it's so over-the-top that it just can't be accidental.
-
California teachers are fighting fires with 1800's style pumpers and leaky hoses while onlookers lob molotov cocktails all over the place.
All like: (http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:DBqFwJC477n32M:http://www-personal.umich.edu/~oats/restore/images/steamer2.gif)
-
Even if Ray doesn't know where he stands on kings, Phillipe does. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10192005)
-
Thanks for the flashback Chaunoplast.... I think.
-
Even if Ray doesn't know where he stands on kings, Phillipe does. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10192005)
I've read that strip a million times, and it still makes me laugh. The furious king-piss chugging. If I have one strip to convince an unconverted that Achewood is awesome, that's a fine candidate.
-
I bet Phillipe would eat king's toenail clippings as furiously as he drinks king piss.
-
Ray believes that getting in trouble is a fake idea, but feels uncomfortable about the high school contemporaries who shared his eventual opinion.
-
Getting in trouble IS a fake idea when you have enough money.
Ray has been what he is his entire life, that's why he doesn't know what he is, really. He really believes that all rules apply equally.
That's part of what makes the character interesting.