The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on November 05, 2007, 01:42:49 pm

Title: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: wombat on November 05, 2007, 01:42:49 pm
Those wacky Japanese. Hmm.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11052007 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11052007)
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: V-Adore on November 05, 2007, 01:54:48 pm
Is anyone else wondering what the helmet is for?
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 05, 2007, 03:19:14 pm
My two main guesses are:

Scalp rub and telepathic communication with anyone else wearing the helmet while taking a shit.

However this is a Japanese device so there's a slight possibility that it gives you a virtual reality version of tentacle sex.
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: Popegeorgeringo on November 05, 2007, 03:24:13 pm
The Japanese toilets (and I am not talking about the abbreviated Toto models sold here) are mad scary with all of their handles, nozzels, and devices.  A helment is not too hard to imagine as an attachment.

If you wanted to get into salad tossing, I am assuming that you might start on a chick from Osaka.
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: nDed on November 05, 2007, 05:08:19 pm
I like the idea that the specific act of putting something in or near your mouth can be named by simply taking the name of the object that is going in your mouth and adding -lingus to it. For example: fingerlingus.

Um, do Japanese toilets generally have separate holes for numbers 1 and 2 respectively? Seems like it would require an undue amount of precision on the part of the person using the toilet.
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: Bimmicus on November 05, 2007, 05:28:15 pm
The Japanese are all about precision.
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: wombat on November 05, 2007, 05:38:25 pm

P.S. I actually like Phillipe and am not afraid to admit it.

Good for you!
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: Dexter on November 05, 2007, 05:56:09 pm
The Japanese are all about precision.
Nah, dude, that's the Swiss (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03312005).  The Japanese are more about crushing any and all individualism through ostracism and shaming.  Also, tentacle sex.
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: chuanoplast on November 05, 2007, 06:40:34 pm
This reminds of something so terrifying I can only put it in small print.

Colon cleansing toilet. GROSS.http://www.advancedtoilets.com/lang_english/features.html (http://www.advancedtoilets.com/lang_english/features.html) And all those other features make me nauseous.
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: pmcd9 on November 05, 2007, 06:59:16 pm
Is anyone else wondering what the helmet is for?

Helmetlingus obviously.
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: pmcd9 on November 05, 2007, 07:03:38 pm
This reminds of something so terrifying I can only put it in small print.

Colon cleansing toilet. GROSS.http://www.advancedtoilets.com/lang_english/features.html (http://www.advancedtoilets.com/lang_english/features.html) And all those other features make me nauseous.

Whats gross about having a clean tushie.

Here's (http://www.washlet.com/) another similar product [possibly NSFW]

I really only provided that link because it's such a great use of flash
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: jaydub on November 05, 2007, 07:09:40 pm
Those are some pricey potties.
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 05, 2007, 07:35:48 pm
This reminds of something so terrifying I can only put it in small print.

Colon cleansing toilet. GROSS.http://www.advancedtoilets.com/lang_english/features.html (http://www.advancedtoilets.com/lang_english/features.html) And all those other features make me nauseous.
The remote control would just lead to endless hijinks of which roommate could give the other the most features before he stands up.
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: jaydub on November 05, 2007, 07:46:07 pm
The remote control would just lead to endless hijinks of which roommate could give the other the most features before he stands up.
Sounds like the lead-in to the new direct-to-DVD movie, Abercrombie & Fist.
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: wombat on November 05, 2007, 07:48:44 pm
Helmetlingus obviously.

Of course.
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: nDed on November 05, 2007, 11:05:47 pm
Also, tentacle sex.

Well then, the only reasonable conclusion is that mechanized tentacles shoot out of the holes and latch onto the appropriate orifice, forming an airtight seal that facilitates efficient, no-hassle defecation.
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: chuanoplast on November 06, 2007, 05:24:33 am

Here's (http://www.washlet.com/) another similar product [possibly NSFW]

I really only provided that link because it's such a great use of flash


I could never say hello that calmly if I knew that somebody had seen my bare butt.

Butt a toilet with a heated seat would be nice.
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 06, 2007, 05:45:53 am

I could never say hello that calmly if I knew that somebody had seen my bare butt.

Butt a toilet with a heated seat would be nice.
I am available for toilet seat pre-warming. Maybe I can post an ad on craigslist.
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: colmore on November 07, 2007, 01:20:34 am
I distantly remember reading one of those kid novels set in an old-times boarding school where a prefect or someone made the main character go sit on the toilet (outhouse? some sort of brit term?) seat for 15 minutes every morning so it would be warm.

My most immediate guess would be one of Roald Dahl's memoirs.  But I remember reading a lot of kid's novels set in old times boarding schools.
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: theinevitable on November 07, 2007, 01:31:22 am
yeah, that was in Boy by Roald Dahl. That book was a big fav of mine in Elementary School.
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: iron_felix on November 07, 2007, 06:25:26 am
Oddly enough, the same day as this comic I went out with my family to a hibachi-style restaurant for Guy Fawkes Night (it did have a fire, after all) and our guest, a colleague of my dad's, told us about a device he'd seen recently at a Japanese technology symposium.

The device was designed to make it easier to communicate with someone of higher authority in the workplace, which could be awkward under traditional Japanese culture and etiquette.  It consisted of a special chair for the boss to sit in and a pair of wall-mounted artificial buttocks.  The idea was for workers to break the ice by fondling the buttocks on the wall, which would then cause the chair to massage the boss's real buttocks in the same way.

I'm not sure if these have been put into production yet, of course.  Surely there must be some point at which a product is too ridiculous even for Japan?
Title: Re: Burritolingus. Noun. 11/5/07
Post by: V-Adore on November 07, 2007, 08:24:30 am
My question: since when does simulated buttocks-fondling make social etiquette less awkward?