The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on November 14, 2007, 08:57:12 am

Title: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 14, 2007, 08:57:12 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11142007 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11142007)

An external-combustion engine is otherwise known as a steam engine. Cmon 'stad.
Also, Dornheim closes his mouth... to imagine flaming death.
Title: Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: Cynicar on November 14, 2007, 09:06:47 am
"Koodge" is my new favorite onomatopoeia.

Dornheim closing his mouth provides me with a distinct sense of relief.
Title: Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: chuanoplast on November 14, 2007, 10:22:00 am
Dornheim may have closed his mouth momentarily, but it is still open for way longer than anybody should keep their mouth open. His teeth are so... static.

The exploding car makes things better, but only marginally so.
Title: Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: MagFlare on November 14, 2007, 12:54:45 pm
I think what I like most, apart from the fact that Dornheim finally hid those terrifying ice-white picket fences, is Ray's character moment.

Dornheim just totally dissed his ride, but does he get offended? Hell no. Why? Because he's Ray, God dammit, and he's got nothing to prove to anyone. If the mood took him, he'd trade in his Escalade for a Breast Cancer Awareness-themed parade float and drive that down Santa Monica Boulevard.
Title: Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: Doc on November 14, 2007, 01:24:20 pm
Gonna beat B to-tha-ancer in 2 0 0 7.

Dornheim once again proves himself to be a sensible man, not one to indulge the foolish fantasies of others.
Title: Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: CortJstr on November 14, 2007, 02:19:04 pm
I think what I like most, apart from the fact that Dornheim finally hid those terrifying ice-white picket fences, is Ray's character moment.

Dornheim just totally dissed his ride, but does he get offended? Hell no. Why? Because he's Ray, God dammit, and he's got nothing to prove to anyone. If the mood took him, he'd trade in his Escalade for a Breast Cancer Awareness-themed parade float and drive that down Santa Monica Boulevard.

Dang it hypothetical Ray, breast cancer already has enough awareness. What about prostate or lung cancers?
Title: Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: jaydub on November 14, 2007, 04:15:35 pm
Dang it hypothetical Ray, breast cancer already has enough awareness. What about prostate or lung cancers?
I think placenta cancer needs more attention.  Also, a Stirling Engine is another external combustion engine that is in relatively common use, though not for cars.
Title: Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: CortJstr on November 14, 2007, 05:20:07 pm
I think placenta cancer needs more attention.  Also, a Stirling Engine is another external combustion engine that is in relatively common use, though not for cars.

Must... resist... placenta joke...
Title: Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 14, 2007, 06:02:38 pm
Why... why do the cats still have glasses designed to latch onto their heads where human ears are instead of either up over the ears on the tops of their heads or... like... some kind of goggle-like device? I just thought about this, after years of reading this strip. Why? It's driving me nuts now. I'm not high or anything.

I'm... pretty sure I'm not high.
Title: Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: CortJstr on November 14, 2007, 06:05:09 pm
Because they would look really odd and be distracting. See also: lady cats having only two boobs.

Does Ray's car have a special groove for his tail while he's sitting up?
Title: Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: chuanoplast on November 14, 2007, 06:19:01 pm
LFM, is it driving you nuts now because Dornheim has humongous bald grooves on the side of his head where human ears should be, only he's a cat so there are no ears there?

I think Pat has the same bald groove thing going on, but his hair is not as thick and prolific as Dornheim's.

The longer you look at Dornheim, the scarier he gets (or else I just really need to get some sleep).
Title: Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 14, 2007, 06:21:56 pm
This... this may be exactly it, chewy. You are a gentlewoman and a scholar.

Thank you! At least I know why I noticed it just now.

Title: Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: V-Adore on November 14, 2007, 08:06:07 pm
Is anyone else wondering if Ray's Escalade being made in Mexico is a setup for another Mexican-magical-realism plot? If nothing else, it could always start raining inside.
Title: Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: Mr Trout on November 14, 2007, 08:08:01 pm
The longer you look at Dornheim, the scarier he gets (or else I just really need to get some sleep).

No, not just you. He has strange teeth. I'm not sure if they are supposed to be really crooked? Or just very sharp?
Title: Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: nDed on November 14, 2007, 08:56:23 pm
It kind of makes me feel uncomfortable when a new character is introduced who is basically identical to an already existing character just with extra shit pasted on. Like how Snoopy is apparently the only one among his siblings that doesn't wear clothes.
Title: Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on November 14, 2007, 10:04:10 pm
It kind of makes me feel uncomfortable when a new character is introduced who is basically identical to an already existing character just with extra shit pasted on. Like how Snoopy is apparently the only one among his siblings that doesn't wear clothes.

Maybe Snoopy is supposed to be a nudist, and we give Charles Schulz insufficient credit for his edginess.
Title: Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: Bimmicus on November 15, 2007, 02:32:50 am
Please, Achewood, I'm begging you.. please do not turn into Questionable Content with cats.
Title: Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 15, 2007, 02:47:29 am
Yes, if you're gonna turn into something else, at least turn into... like... Perry Bible Fellowship with plot lines or something.
Title: Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: nDed on November 15, 2007, 06:03:12 am
Maybe Snoopy is supposed to be a nudist, and we give Charles Schulz insufficient credit for his edginess.

Or Charlie Brown doesn't allow him even the basic dignity of clothing.

I dunno, maybe I'm just afraid that somewhere out there is a version of me with a fine beard and rock crushing teeth.
Title: Re: 14 Nov 2007 - Made in America bomb-shiggedy
Post by: chuanoplast on November 15, 2007, 07:08:32 pm
I am also afraid that there is a version of you with a fearsome beard 'n' teeth combo like Dornheim's.