The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Asherdan on October 24, 2003, 04:57:20 pm

Title: Pie Story
Post by: Asherdan on October 24, 2003, 04:57:20 pm
(https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s---uBhIrEa--/oqil2ysvksn6vmluk2of.gif)
Title: Pie Story
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 24, 2003, 05:15:39 pm
You don't have to EAT the pie. I saw this movie once, it had Jason Biggs and Eugene Levy....
Title: Pie Story
Post by: AugustWest on October 24, 2003, 05:23:29 pm
[1999]When come back...




















...go fuck yourself.[/1999]
Title: Pie Story
Post by: side_show on October 24, 2003, 05:30:31 pm
My extremly waigiraffe friend was once on a pie diet.  He ate two pies a day and that was it.  He lost 5 pounds and I wanted to kill him!!!

As for you - go out and get a semi decent pie somewhere else, or I'm sure you'll be sorry!
Title: Pie Story
Post by: side_show on October 24, 2003, 06:09:33 pm
so very sorry
Title: Pie Story
Post by: slink on October 24, 2003, 06:12:38 pm
Mind you, if you sit and wait for more ideas, it'll be tomorrow by the time you've come up with anything!
And then, problem solved.
Although you get less pie that way.

I can't say I'm a big pie eater really. Maybe it comes from not being American, but I'd tend to choose other things over pie. I mean, on the few occasions I have desserts, which is very rare, it might be like, a good fruit crumble. As long as it's really fresh fruit. Apple and blackberry I seem to recall being about my favourite.
And I guess, it's vaguely pie-like, but it's not pie.
Title: Pie Story
Post by: andalucia on October 24, 2003, 06:42:28 pm
I'm with slink on this one; not a pie fan (also not an American, so I'm wondering about the correlation)
Title: Pie Story
Post by: wombat on October 24, 2003, 10:45:48 pm
Dessert pies are pretty much an American invention, and even only some parts of the country seem to be any good at it.

As for the problem... I would say it sounds like grounds for divorce, but I can't imagine divorcing someone who can bake pie.  So, I guess marriage therapy.  Surely a qualified professional can make your spouse see that this was an instance in which it was essential to bake TWO pies.
Title: Pie Story
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 24, 2003, 10:55:33 pm
and if you have two pies, all you need is a radius and you can figure out the circumference.
Title: Pie Story
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 24, 2003, 10:57:06 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
I'm with slink on this one; not a pie fan (also not an American, so I'm wondering about the correlation)


As far as I know, the Native Americans didn't bring pies to the first Thanksgiving so they must have come from someplace. They weigh a lot -must be a german thing.
Title: Pie Story
Post by: jay-ell on October 27, 2003, 01:41:08 am
I don't really like many kinds of pie, either.  I'm American but also a Democratic Socialist so I guess I'm kind of un-American by definition.  

Also, I hate baseball.
Title: Pie Story
Post by: slink on October 27, 2003, 10:43:34 am
Quote from: "jldunston"
I don't really like many kinds of pie, either.  I'm American but also a Democratic Socialist so I guess I'm kind of un-American by definition.  

Also, I hate baseball.


Doesn't everyone, in some part of their soul, realise that they hate baseball? I mean it's dull to an extreme second only to cricket!
Title: Pie Story
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 27, 2003, 01:56:38 pm
I made this pie last week and it frickin' ROCKED.
http://www.epicurious.com/run/recipe/view?id=108650

Oh, and I love baseball more than a lot of things.  So Slink, no.
Title: Pie Story
Post by: side_show on October 27, 2003, 03:38:12 pm
I don't like pie
I don't like baseball

I support the legalization of marjuana
I support the legalization of gay marriages

I must be Canadian
Title: Pie Story
Post by: CortJstr on October 27, 2003, 09:21:33 pm
Apparently we need a nutritional anthropoligist to tell us where pie came from. Or dessert pies, anyway.

I hate fruit pies but I will eat things like chocolate cream pie or lemon (after I peel that gross white layer off)

Baseball sucks. The strike a few years ago started on my birthday.
Title: Pie Story
Post by: andalucia on October 27, 2003, 10:15:23 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
I don't like pie
I don't like baseball

I support the legalization of marjuana
I support the legalization of gay marriages

I must be Canadian


High five.
Title: Pie Story
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 28, 2003, 12:55:59 am
Quote from: "Lecompte Pie Festival"
Often these pies were made using fowl and the legs were left to hang over the side of the dish and used as handles.


Awesome. I wonder what they do with the roasted-up ding-dongs.
Title: Pie Story
Post by: side_show on October 28, 2003, 12:57:47 pm
ding-dong-doodle pie!