The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Doc on November 19, 2007, 01:13:53 pm

Title: Honey Wine
Post by: Doc on November 19, 2007, 01:13:53 pm
So my dad raided his hives again and he's going on holiday for a month so I just scored something like four litres of honey and I need something to do with it.
I'm thinking Mead and before I start scouting the net for instructions I thought I'd hit you guys up first to see if anyone had a good recipe (I seem to remember arachnocapitalist mentioning he'd made some a while ago).

I'm also open to any other suggestions for what one can do with ridiculously large amounts of fresh, sweet, unprocessed honey.
Title: Re: Thee Honeye Winef
Post by: KeithHernandez on November 19, 2007, 01:19:48 pm
Honey Slides!


Title: Re: Thee Honeye Winef
Post by: Doc on November 19, 2007, 01:22:54 pm
That would be very sticky.... I like your thinking.


Ooooh I could coat my walls with it until I could climb them. Probably need more than 4 litres but my dad has more and I have the keys to his house.
Title: Re: Thee Honeye Winef
Post by: KeithHernandez on November 19, 2007, 01:48:28 pm
Eastern European Honey Wrestling!   


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JV0X-9CwcY


Come for the light erotica, stay for the hilarious announcing.
Title: Re: Thee Honeye Winef
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 19, 2007, 06:27:11 pm
When I first saw this thread title, I thought it said "The Horny Wife."
Title: Re: Thee Honeye Winef
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 19, 2007, 07:01:52 pm
Marijuana buds sauteed in honey were the inspiration for much of Neil Young's mid-career work.

So they must be awesome.
Title: Re: Thee Honeye Winef
Post by: KeithHernandez on November 19, 2007, 07:25:07 pm
I didn't want to ruin a young minds interpretation, but cough honeyslides cough.

Also, we have been over this, which is why I didn't push further, but here you go:

http://www.thrasherswheat.org/rns/honeyslides.htm
Title: Re: Thee Honeye Winef
Post by: linnea on November 20, 2007, 12:32:21 am
Oooh, damn. Have your pa's bees been hit by that nasty bee virus? We've had a ton of hives decimated here in the States. I hope that y'all's bees are doing okay.

MEAD! MEAD! MEEEEAAAAD! That shit is delicious. Unfortunately I don't have a recipe.

Also, I was a bit confused by the thread title, similarly to the mayor. I am also not going to click on any of KH's links, sorry.
However, now i am craving honey on toast. Damn.
Title: Re: Thee Honeye Winef
Post by: KeithHernandez on November 20, 2007, 01:01:41 am
The second one is just about Neil Young.
Title: Re: Thee Honeye Winef
Post by: lprkn on November 20, 2007, 01:21:25 am
Oooh, damn. Have your pa's bees been hit by that nasty bee virus? We've had a ton of hives decimated here in the States. I hope that y'all's bees are doing okay.

MEAD! MEAD! MEEEEAAAAD! That shit is delicious. Unfortunately I don't have a recipe.

Also, I was a bit confused by the thread title, similarly to the mayor. I am also not going to click on any of KH's links, sorry.
However, now i am craving honey on toast. Damn.

I'm pretty sure that as a kid I read a science fiction story where all the bees in the world died, and then we were fucked. So when I initially heard about bees dying for real, I understandably thought that uhhhh, we were all going to die.

Those sci-fi anthology type things were basically crack for me as a kid. That and real crack, that is.
Title: Re: Thee Honeye Winef
Post by: AugustWest on November 20, 2007, 02:21:31 am

Those sci-fi anthology type things were basically crack for me as a kid. That and real crack, that is.

I have a huge collection of them from the 60s through the early 80s.