The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Doc on November 22, 2007, 06:30:23 am
-
So our federal election is coming up and I figured the most well controlled way of determining the pulse of the Australian public would be to get a bunch of imaginary people to tell me who's going to win. I'd prefer uninformed voting but if some of you actually know anything about the two main contenders I guess it can't be helped.
If some of the infrequent Aussies on the board want to actually discuss the election in a serious manner that would be cool too.
-
I'm always in favor of any poll option including "ching chong, wing wong."
-
Which one does Rupert Murdoch own?
Whichever he owns, I vote fer the other one.
Unless he owns both. Then... the taller one.
-
I googled those two guys, and damn. Y'all have to be able to find some more presidential looking suckers than those two.
I mean. Do not elect my friend's dad to be your president. (http://www.peo.gov.au/images/library/0268.jpg) I do not know what the adjective is, but, this man is an Engineer and has glasses that are too big and is really into being... small and Lutheran and really nice all the time in a way which I feel is related to his small stature and general nerdiness. It is the niceness of knowing that everyone can beat you up.
-
We like electing the ugly ones around here, they work harder for it. Also a remarkably accurate description just from looking at them.
-
I'm always in favor of any poll option including "ching chong, wing wong."
Yes. That's a campaign slogan we can all get behind.
-
I had to look them up on Wikipedia, because I am a horrible global citizen and I know nothing about political systems in Other Countries. I should get on the ball and start some learnin'!
Still, I have no idea if I should be in support of the Liberal Party or the Labour Party. Howard is the incumbent, his party (Liberal) wrested power away from the Labour party and his opponent, Kevin Rudd, is with the Labour party.
Doc, who are you voting for?
-
Well that would be telling, I wanted a completely random poll based on their names...
I'll be voting for Rudd. The Liberal party has done us well economy wise even taking the worldwide boom into account but I'm just becoming more and more frustrated with their foreign and domestic policies. Howard has been a good leader and I've got no major beef with him (though plenty of others do) but he's been there for 11 years now and I think he's getting the old tunnel vision.
-
Congrats TOUAMB, you sucessfully predicted another election result. All Hail lord Tin Tin.
-
Yay! Kevin 07!
-
(http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1615009.jpg) <-- John Howard
-
Well that would be telling, I wanted a completely random poll based on their names...
Johnny "I've met George Bush" Howard
-
Yeah I know but I honestly couldn't think of anything else for him. They both look identical except for aging Johnny by about 20 years.
Maybe I should have made him 'king of munchkin land'?
-
I googled those two guys, and damn. Y'all have to be able to find some more presidential looking suckers than those two.
I mean. Do not elect my friend's dad to be your president. (http://www.peo.gov.au/images/library/0268.jpg) I do not know what the adjective is, but, this man is an Engineer and has glasses that are too big and is really into being... small and Lutheran and really nice all the time in a way which I feel is related to his small stature and general nerdiness. It is the niceness of knowing that everyone can beat you up.
Holy fuck is that guy ugly! It seems natual that I was just looking at the Men Who Look Like Old Lesbians (http://menwholooklikeoldlesbians.blogspot.com/) (SFW) blog not too long ago. I think they just found their latest entry.
-
John Howard - goodriddance. Now if we can somehow get Stephen Harper voted out. But that's not going to happen. Have you seen the opposition leaders these days? Shit.
-
Eh I'm not so down on Howard, he'd just been in the job too long. The crazy thing is now we have Labor in power in all state governments as well as federal government and no really charismatic leadership figure in the Liberal party so the Libs have gone from this unstoppable force to being a seriously questionable proposition in the next election, though obviously they've got lots of time before then.
-
Turnbull's put his hand up to be the new Liberal leader.
-
Has he? He was the one I picked to be the next serious candidate but I didn't think anyone would be outright challenging Costello anytime soon, possibly until after the next election. On the one hand Libs seem to have this unwritten law of always appearing united but on the other hand the prospect of Costello inevitably becoming prime minister played no small part in their losing (in my oh so humble opinion anyway).
-
Its always good when a guy who thought it was a great idea to hitch his wagon to the Dubya star gets his fuck*ng ass handed to him. Disgrace, man, he should just be happy his ass ain't in jail yet, by the way I count on my hands.
-
Holy fuck is that guy ugly! It seems natual that I was just looking at the Men Who Look Like Old Lesbians (http://menwholooklikeoldlesbians.blogspot.com/) (SFW) blog not too long ago. I think they just found their latest entry.
Amusingly, it seems that Kevin Rudd has already been featured. (http://menwholooklikeoldlesbians.blogspot.com/2007/11/kevin-rudd.html)