The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: AugustWest on October 24, 2003, 06:23:55 pm

Title: I'm going to Lynchburg, Virginia!
Post by: AugustWest on October 24, 2003, 06:23:55 pm
I had no idea there were so many fascinating attractions (http://www.retroweb.com/lynchburg/attractions/) there.
Title: I'm going to Lynchburg, Virginia!
Post by: slink on October 24, 2003, 06:32:38 pm
Wow.
Some of those really are of the 'World's Largest Ball of Yarn' ilk.

(Aaaaah, Sam and Max hit the Road *grins*)
Title: I'm going to Lynchburg, Virginia!
Post by: AugustWest on October 24, 2003, 06:37:56 pm
Well, I'm going to make a special point of going to the ABC cemetary and to the Rotational Adjustment Station.
Title: I'm going to Lynchburg, Virginia!
Post by: andalucia on October 24, 2003, 06:45:55 pm
Wow, I hate to derail (really, I do), but slink here and I really seem to see eye to eye regarding old computer games.  First I find out he's a money island fan, now Sam and Max too?  Slink, if I find out you've ever played "Day of the Tentacle..."
Title: I'm going to Lynchburg, Virginia!
Post by: slink on October 24, 2003, 07:01:36 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
Wow, I hate to derail (really, I do), but slink here and I really seem to see eye to eye regarding old computer games.  First I find out he's a money island fan, now Sam and Max too?  Slink, if I find out you've ever played "Day of the Tentacle..."


Oh, naturally! Have a copy of that sat here too. It was the first I played of them.
If I were to discover you had played something like the old Julian Gallop games, I would swear you were my long lost twin or something!
I'm trying to think of other games you might be more likely to have played, but my memory sucks!

I'd have to go to the gravity-hole. Were it...
Title: I'm going to Lynchburg, Virginia!
Post by: jough on October 24, 2003, 08:03:06 pm
Day of the Tentacle was just a sequel to the original "Maniac Mansion."  I was a fan of LucasArts game "Zack McCracken and the Alien Mindbenders" too.

Pfft. You kids.  Day of the Tentacle?  That's too new-fangled for me.

Heck, I remember when "Myst" was the big high-tech computer game.
Title: I'm going to Lynchburg, Virginia!
Post by: slink on October 24, 2003, 08:20:33 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Day of the Tentacle was just a sequel to the original "Maniac Mansion."  I was a fan of LucasArts game "Zack McCracken and the Alien Mindbenders" too.

Pfft. You kids.  Day of the Tentacle?  That's too new-fangled for me.

Heck, I remember when "Myst" was the big high-tech computer game.


Ah I played both Maniac Mansion and Zack after discovering DOTT. It's just that before then all I had was a Spectrum, and thus played mainly British classics, such as the Gallop games and Bitmap Brothers. Dizzy!!
And of course, many, many others!
Title: I'm going to Lynchburg, Virginia!
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 24, 2003, 08:56:17 pm
You ARE Staying at the Gilligan's Island Bed and Breakfast, right?