The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Hendetta on November 23, 2007, 07:33:13 am

Title: Howdy.
Post by: Hendetta on November 23, 2007, 07:33:13 am
 I'm Courtland! Also known as Hendetta, I'm happy to talk to you today!

 I'm 17, and from Florida. I have enjoyed the comic for quite a while, so I am glad to have found this board. I hail from the Questionable Content forums, where Achewood is very popular among most of the forum veterans.
Title: Re: Howdy.
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 23, 2007, 07:58:54 am
Hello, new person.

Welcome to the house of ideas. Welcome to the house of fun.
Title: Re: Howdy.
Post by: Doc on November 23, 2007, 08:22:08 am
Just some things you should know:
Prescriptive grammar is the bomb, the Oxford comma is an outdated piece of foolishness.
Title: Re: Howdy.
Post by: linnea on November 23, 2007, 03:09:20 pm
Hello and welcome! I'm trying to think of something haze-ish to say, but nothing's coming to mind.
Title: Re: Howdy.
Post by: AugustWest on November 23, 2007, 03:55:06 pm
Well Howdy-doo to you too.
Title: Re: Howdy.
Post by: CortJstr on November 23, 2007, 04:35:08 pm
Just some things you should know:
Prescriptive grammar is the bomb, the Oxford comma is an outdated piece of foolishness.

The serial comma is all that and a side of beef. You know not of what you speak.
Title: Re: Howdy.
Post by: jay-ell on November 23, 2007, 05:06:06 pm
Hello and welcome! I'm trying to think of something haze-ish to say, but nothing's coming to mind.

Just some things you should know:
Prescriptive grammar is the bomb, the Oxford comma is an outdated piece of foolishness.

The serial comma is all that and a side of beef. You know not of what you speak.

I think Doc and Cort have this one covered. 
Title: Re: Howdy.
Post by: linnea on November 23, 2007, 05:37:20 pm
So 'Detta, what is your favorite Achewood strip?
Title: Re: Howdy.
Post by: V-Adore on November 23, 2007, 10:16:57 pm
Welcome to the board, Hendetta! Settle in with a chilly virtual Stella and enjoy yourself.

Before you ask: if a word you type is censored, it is Because of a Problem.
Title: Re: Howdy.
Post by: Doc on November 23, 2007, 11:15:41 pm
The serial comma is all that and a side of beef. You know not of what you speak.
Tennōheika banzai!


Uh, seriously though Hendetta, we are all pretty friendly folks around here; hope you enjoy your stay. We just have our rituals and our holy wars like anyone else, that's all.
Title: Re: Howdy.
Post by: theinevitable on November 23, 2007, 11:25:31 pm
hi there. welcome.
Title: Re: Howdy.
Post by: side_show on November 24, 2007, 01:35:40 am
Hendetta Courtland- the name reminds me of Henrietta Collins and the Wifebeating Childhaters' song "Drive-by Shooting."  For no reason.  Welcome.
Title: Re: Howdy.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 25, 2007, 08:07:48 pm
I demand an avatar involving a chicken.
Title: Re: Howdy.
Post by: Doc on November 26, 2007, 02:43:46 am
Still only post 1. Did we go too far? I thought we were pretty gentle with this one.
Title: Re: Howdy.
Post by: hound on November 27, 2007, 03:32:09 am
hi hendetta