The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: pmcd9 on November 26, 2007, 05:26:03 am

Title: I Met V-Adore
Post by: pmcd9 on November 26, 2007, 05:26:03 am
I was passing through on my way to check out my boyhood home so I gave her a call and invited her to come along.  We spent the day together.  We went to my boyhood home, my first school, The Pak-A-Sak where I had my first Icee, and we enjoyed my boyhood sandwich (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/2064313261/).

Then we went back to her town and checked out the Christmas lights, watched the fireworks display, had fudge and meat pies and then wound up getting lost.

Many more pictures to follow soon.
Title: Re: I Met V-Adore
Post by: AugustWest on November 26, 2007, 05:41:23 am
I was passing through on my way to check out my boyhood home so I gave her a call and invited her to come along.  We spent the day together.  We went to my boyhood home, my first school, The Pak-A-Sak where I had my first Icee, and we enjoyed my boyhood sandwich (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/2064313261/).

Then we went back to her town and checked out the Christmas lights, watched the fireworks display, had fudge and meat pies and then wound up getting lost.

Many more pictures to follow soon.

Excellent!  How nice for both of you.
Title: Re: I Met V-Adore
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 26, 2007, 05:50:25 am
Sometimes guys on the internet meet girls and get them to try their manhood sandwich.

I'm glad this was much more pleasant for both of you.
Title: Re: I Met V-Adore
Post by: lprkn on November 26, 2007, 06:03:10 am
Sometimes guys on the internet meet kids and try to have their boyhood sandwiches.

...And then shoot themselves rather than be on tv.
Title: Re: I Met V-Adore
Post by: V-Adore on November 26, 2007, 06:26:41 am
This was an awesome meetup. Paul, my parents think you're awesome, and it was overall a cool day spent out. (Good sandwich, too!)

EDIT: After reading the Flickr comments -- no, I did not dislike the sandwich! I just have this habit of being photographed looking confused/perturbed at food, as previously seen here. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Eiviiaru/pyramid.jpg)
Title: Re: I Met V-Adore
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 26, 2007, 02:52:30 pm
"Fudge and meat pies" sounds filthy and depraved.
Title: Re: I Met V-Adore
Post by: CortJstr on November 26, 2007, 04:10:26 pm
You really do seem to be almost afraid of the sandwich.
Title: Re: I Met V-Adore
Post by: pmcd9 on November 26, 2007, 06:38:55 pm
"Fudge and meat pies" sounds filthy and depraved.

It is.
Title: Re: I Met V-Adore
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 27, 2007, 12:17:15 am
Vador, how did you introduce paul to your family?
"Mom, dad.... this is paul. I met him on the internet. weve been talking for awhile now. I know it sounds kind of random but he said he was passing through and thought hed pick me up on his way to a place im not really sure of. Also, he said I shouldnt bring my cell phone or ID because he has a thing about that"
Title: Re: I Met V-Adore
Post by: melack on November 27, 2007, 12:23:27 am
You don't need to "introduce" Paul. Paul is just Paul. Just as there is the sky, the wind and the ocean, so there is Paul.
Title: Re: I Met V-Adore
Post by: V-Adore on November 27, 2007, 01:18:50 am
Vador, how did you introduce paul to your family?
"Mom, dad.... this is paul. I met him on the internet. weve been talking for awhile now. I know it sounds kind of random but he said he was passing through and thought hed pick me up on his way to a place im not really sure of. Also, he said I shouldnt bring my cell phone or ID because he has a thing about that"
Pretty much like that, except without the part where Paul is a crazy Internet goon and with the part where he came into the house to recharge the camera for an hour and made pleasant conversation with my parents, in addition to charming the heck out of the cats.
Title: Re: I Met V-Adore
Post by: Doc on November 27, 2007, 02:14:03 am
Pretty much like that, except without the part where Paul is a crazy Internet goon and with the part where he came into the house to recharge the camera for an hour and made pleasant conversation with my parents, in addition to charming the heck out of the cats.

There's the trick sure enough. Get the animals onside and you're nine tenths there.
Title: Re: I Met V-Adore
Post by: linnea on November 27, 2007, 02:22:42 am
What fun! I'm glad to hear that the mini-Achecon was a success. I hope that I will get to meet you guys and some of the other board denizens sometime.
Title: Re: I Met V-Adore
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 27, 2007, 04:09:56 am
Next year, in Jerusalem!
Title: Re: I Met V-Adore
Post by: pmcd9 on November 27, 2007, 02:08:53 pm
Vador, how did you introduce paul to your family?
"Mom, dad.... this is paul. I met him on the internet. weve been talking for awhile now. I know it sounds kind of random but he said he was passing through and thought hed pick me up on his way to a place im not really sure of. Also, he said I shouldnt bring my cell phone or ID because he has a thing about that"

I think you pretty much nailed it.  Except for the cell phone and the ID thing.
Title: Re: I Met V-Adore
Post by: pmcd9 on December 04, 2007, 03:14:57 am
Pretty much like that, except without the part where Paul is a crazy Internet goon and with the part where he came into the house to recharge the camera for an hour and made pleasant conversation with my parents, in addition to charming the heck out of the cats.

This cat (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/2084960913/) (scroll down)
Title: Re: I Met V-Adore
Post by: jaydub on December 04, 2007, 05:10:13 am
Since when are you Squonk's Tears on Flickr?
Title: Re: I Met V-Adore
Post by: V-Adore on December 04, 2007, 08:17:50 am
For the record, the cat's name is Saburo. (He's in here right now, looking for trouble to cause.)