The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: FancieBabie on October 25, 2003, 01:53:07 am

Title: Achewood - Howzitmade?
Post by: FancieBabie on October 25, 2003, 01:53:07 am
I know Onstad uses Blue Highway font.

wondering if he hand draws and scans in, or uses a tablet like wacom, or draws with a penis, or uses shapes or what. mac? pc? i sort of assume mac.. heh

 :o
Title: Achewood - Howzitmade?
Post by: jough on October 25, 2003, 01:56:52 am
You could always e-mail him and ask.

Yeah.

From what he's said in the past, he uses a PC and Adobe Illustrator with a penis.
Title: answers - some!
Post by: FancieBabie on October 25, 2003, 03:54:36 am
archived interview from old site (http://web.archive.org/web/20020611180807/www.achewood.com/interview.html)

Quote
How do you produce the strip?

As you can probably tell, I have a bank of master character illustrations in Adobe Illustrator [illustration software] that I copy into whatever strip I'm doing. From there I pull things around until their actions more closely match the dialogue. Usually I'm just messing with their arms and eyebrows, to give them expressions. They don't have mouths yet. Mouths are a whole other can of worms that I don't have time for while I still work a day job. Well, maybe Philippe has a mouth. But that's an easy mouth. Two lines.