The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: colmore on December 04, 2007, 03:16:23 pm
-
1) Ray obviously is pretty baked as he types this. You do what you have to do to cope, I guess.
2) I was monk-dimin' at 19. At 25, I'm rocking a pretty hard core U of male pattern baldness. But I don't shave my head. A shaved head is a shiny shirt and I'm not a shiny shirt kind of guy.
-
So Ray's not in Australia any more?
-
A shaved head is a shiny shirt and I'm not a shiny shirt kind of guy.
yes
In addition, K.L.I.T.Z. - B - R.E.D.D.Y.? Just askin'.
-
About all I've got in this world is the knowledge that if I live a long time, I ain't gonna bald until late... and even then, very slowly and from the widow's peak first, which is probably the least awful fashion in which to bald.
I'm fat and just a little bit crazy and broke and all sorts of things but I got great hair and I'll have it longer than most people.
I got that. I only wear ballcaps if it's very sunny or if I'm at a ballgame.
If you don't wanna go bald young, only wear hats when you have to. This is key.
-
My dad's dad was bald, but he still has thick, luxurious hair. It's almost completely gray -- not surprising since he's 64 -- but as he always says, "Better gray than gone."
Pedro's maternal grandfather had thick beautiful hair just like Pedro's. He still had every lock when he died, so I'm pretty sure Pedro's never going to go bald. Even if he does, he's shaved his head a couple of times just to see what it looks like, and he can pull it off better than most white guys I've seen.
I have to admit, though, that I am kind of looking forward to Pedro going gray because he is going to be one damn fine looking gentleman when he gets to be in his fifties or so. I mean, he's a rather good-looking guy *now,* but he's got one of those faces that ages particularly well. Like Sean Connery (http://www.seanconnery.com/wallpaper/sc_film_1024x768.cfm). He wasn't nearly as hot as Bond as he is now.
When I married him, I made an investment.
-
The head-shaving thing just seems exceptionally strange when you remember that Ray is a cat. Does he really think the answer is to rock the Devon Rex (http://www.archicats.com/) look? Or maybe he just wants Teodor to scream when he comes near. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12292004)
-
based on the whole you-get-it-from-your-mom's-side thing, I am going to go hell of bald. At what age is it normal to start balding, if you go bald?
if I get it from my dad, I will make it to at least 52 with a full head of hair, but it will be pretty grey.
the part I'm really worried about is how all the men on my mom's side are not only bald, but so hairy. SO HAIRY.
-
I was getting worried that I had developed a nerve problem. Every time I got out of the shower, I felt this weird tingling sensation in my lower back. Nothing I could do helped... it just took time and eventually went away.
Then my wife spelled it out for me. I was growing a bit more back hair. The tingling feeling was the feeling of the hair drying.
<sigh>
-
I think it's awesome when guys shave their heads. I think that most balding men would look great if they just shaved it off and stopped trying to fool everyone with the comb-over.
-
my political theory professor has a shaved head, and it is wonderful. we all kind of have crushes on him.
-
While I am also against the comb-over, I feel that head-shaving is just over-compensation the other way. It takes a very special head shape to pull it off. If you have this head shape, well great. If you don't, well, take comfort in the fact that you are part of the 99.999% of the population who is not Bruce Willis or Michael Jordan.
-
How about if a man were to shave everything but the comb-over?
-
How about if a man were to shave everything but the comb-over?
Is there a button so's I can give you 42 cans?
Cause I would if I could.
-
When it first started, that halloween I shaved a hossshoe and went as "me in 5 years." I don't know, it really hasn't bugged me at all. I never considered Rogaine or anything like that because I really hate products and advertising campaigns that work by fostering insecurity*. Also I just imagine myself holding up a damn mirror to the back of my head every morning trying to see if it's working or not... I fret over enough aspects of myself.
* Oh, historical trivia. Listerine pretty well invented the practice when in the 30s they popularized the then-obscure technical term "halitosis" to make bad breath sound scarier.
-
I am super blond, like my dad, so the transition to gray should be smooth. I will probably not lose my hair, but I have a cousin who went old man bald by 23, so, well, I hope I don't lose my hair. My dad's side is good, my mom's is mixed.
-
Kieth, I can clearly see from your avatar that you are not at all blond.
You have dark brown curly hair and a mustache.
Clearly.
-
I could stand to go a little bald. My hair is incredibly thick. It's like concrete.
But alas, my dad and my maternal grandpa both have all of their hair. I am doomed to continue with this frizzy poof of wavy brown despair.
-
Melack has a satanic number of posts.
-
I'm a bit disappointed to see that 666 posts doesn't have its own special rank. At 187 posts, you're "Oh, look! 187 posts!" or words to that effect. I remember this well, because I reached that magic number right after the Virginia Tech shootings (it may have actually been in the thread about the shootings, too, I don't remember) and I felt the need to make another random post somewhere just to avoid arbitrarily looking like a dick.
EDIT: If Jough or JL can be bothered to change things, does anyone have any ideas? I nominate "Here's your 1982 Subaru Brat."
-
Happy?
-
The gold star is a nice touch.
It should be upside down, though.
-
I was pretty sure it was going to end up Ray had it.
you know what I mean. He always knew the day would come.
-
I was going to say, "Who gets 'a lot of flavoring agents' for Christmas?" but then I realized that the answer is, of course, "The Chris Onstad character of the blogs."
What I don't know is what 'a lot of flavoring agents' is. How many bottles of vanilla extract can one person use? He doesn't even seem to be much of a baker. Does he mean a big set of spices? Gourmet applewood-smoked bacon bits?
That makes me think - I should have sent him some of that bacon chocolate for Christmas for him to blog about. I could have had it delivered straight from the company, so it's not like he'd have to worry about eating food sent to him by strange people from the Internet.
-
I was going to say, "Who gets 'a lot of flavoring agents' for Christmas?" but then I realized that the answer is, of course, "The Chris Onstad character of the blogs."
What I don't know is what 'a lot of flavoring agents' is. How many bottles of vanilla extract can one person use? He doesn't even seem to be much of a baker. Does he mean a big set of spices? Gourmet applewood-smoked bacon bits?
That makes me think - I should have sent him some of that bacon chocolate for Christmas for him to blog about. I could have had it delivered straight from the company, so it's not like he'd have to worry about eating food sent to him by strange people from the Internet.
Oooh! You still could, dude. As a belated gift. Or you could arrange to have it sent on his birthday. When is his birthday, anyway? May? I should know this.
Also, I totally hear you on the questionable goods sent by folks on the internet. Having it sent directly from the company is the best idea. If I were Chris Onstad or another intarwub celebrity, I would probably be loath to (for example) let my baby wear clothes that were sent by someone, even if I laundered the clothes. I guess I'm still skeeved by that assassination attempt scene in the film Elizabeth, where they poisoned a dress and one of Elizabeth's ladies-in-waiting put it on and died. I most definitely would not eat cookies or any food item sent by a fan.
-
Hey, why didn't anyone buy me A History of Critters?
-
You haven't written it yet.
-
I should know this.
I know what you are saying, but, really..?