The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: melack on December 05, 2007, 07:39:06 am
-
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12052007
Look at that logo. Seems like Potty Pals might face some trademark issues with The Perky Pervert.
-
seems like the fact that he ACCIDENTALLY HITS THE (sorry) caps lock button, but doesn't delete this, is a good touch.
-
Looks like the little shaver has started to pick up some of Ray's entrepreneurial spirit. This is a lovely twist to the standard "spontaneous new business venture" concept - I think what we're really seeing here is an element of Ray's character as seen through Philippe's eyes, much like with Lyle wanting to run over a turtle with a car. The first paragraph of the letter is what really does it. Mail used to be fun again, and it is a good thing that you are afraid of injuring yourself by falling off the toilet.
-
Hitting the cat saucer is what's really bothering me. Who is feeding their pets next to the toilet?
-
um, we do that. Our cats' bowls are in the bathroom, with their litterbox in the opposite corner.
-
I just like how his pitch is straight out of an ad for a 1960s rock compilation album.
"Do you remember back when music was FUN again?"
Oh, nostalgia machine. When will the show that looks whistfully back on the I Love The '80s specials with so much nostalgia for it come out? That'll be a good time for me to seal off the garage, turn on the engine and just go to sleep. Just go to sleep.
I mean, it's good that the guy from The State is getting work but...
He's a lot funnier when he isn't playing Snarky VH-1 Guy.
It's basically his least funny role.
-
I assumed "cat saucer" was some kind of unfortunate euphemism (or "Philippe-doesn't-know-what-something-really-is"-phemism), but I couldn't figure out what for.
-
Well as I typed it I recalled my Grandmother keeps her dog in the bathroom at nights etc. but still. It shouldn't be where you could fall on it from the toilet.
It also brings up the awkward question of how Achewood society works, are there cats like Ray and Beef and other cats that are kept as pets?
-
Is this Ray's saucer? Like are we thinking now that Ray keeps his saucer next to his toilet or does the otter imply that cats also own cats?
-
Ray and Beef are not cats. They are *cartoon* cats.
There is a distinction.
-
It's not like this is the first time Cornelius has had his constitutional disturbed. Bothering Mr. Bear in the bathroom is irresistible to Philippe. It's like his catnip.
-
Ray and Beef are not cats. They are *cartoon* cats.
There is a distinction.
Well, yes?
However, maybe cat-cats are such as pets to cartoon cats in the same way that I would have a monkey for a pet that would shit in a pan in the bathroom if I had the money for such things.
Also: maybe a cat box is just kept in the house for show, as there are cats there and most people don't know about the Underground as Chris and his family seems to. Just to not look suspicious.
Also also: I wonder if an alive teddy-bear shits cotton balls. That'd be rad.
-
I mean, it's good that the guy from The State is getting work but...
He's a lot funnier when he isn't playing Snarky VH-1 Guy.
It's basically his least funny role.
Michael Ian Black is a worthy enough topic for POST ONE THOUSAND... christ, really? That many?
I find his role in the Sierra Mist commercials to be his least funny. They seem the most forced. Of course, it's hard to follow up The State. That show was basically gold.
-
For whatever reason, I initially thought you were talking about this guy(http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Ffq00W4Puh50OM:http://pika.mit.edu/pikans/pikanimages/1088875233stifler.jpg)
Actors with 3 names, I guess