The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: jough on October 27, 2003, 07:50:11 am

Title: What did you do with your extra hour?
Post by: jough on October 27, 2003, 07:50:11 am
This really only applies to those in the U.S. who don't live in Arizona, Indiana, or Hawaii, but we reverted from Daylight Savings to Standard Time here this morning at 2AM.  Then we had a SECOND 2AM an hour later.

It's trippy.

Anyway, I spent mine watching the last hour of "Rashomon."
Title: What did you do with your extra hour?
Post by: slink on October 27, 2003, 10:45:23 am
I, needless to say, forgot it was happening, woke up at 10.30 am, got up, wandered around for the day being very confused, then realised at 11.30 at night that it was really only 10.30 and that those bastard farmers had confused me again.
Especially the fact that it now gets dark here at about 4.30. I wish they'd stop fuck*ng with time!
Title: What did you do with your extra hour?
Post by: Mite on October 27, 2003, 11:46:16 am
I got an extra half-hour of drinkin' followed by an extra half-hour of reading Snow Crash.

Though the early sunset is obnoxious, at least it's light out when I drive to work now. The drive home, on the other hand...
Title: What did you do with your extra hour?
Post by: slink on October 27, 2003, 12:20:33 pm
Quote from: "Mite"
I got an extra half-hour of drinkin' followed by an extra half-hour of reading Snow Crash.

Though the early sunset is obnoxious, at least it's light out when I drive to work now. The drive home, on the other hand...


Bets way to read Snow Crash - not on a ferry in force 6 gales in the middle of the night! And it was the bit that you really wouldn't want to read in those conditions too.
Bleahrg!
Oh, and I was in a very odd state of mind, since I had eaten a half ounce of Dutch grass before getting on the ferry as well (well i didn't want to try and bring it back into the country since I had some at home anyway).
Title: What did you do with your extra hour?
Post by: wombat on October 27, 2003, 02:24:16 pm
Am I the only one who spent it sleeping?

In my defense I worked 6.30 am-almost 9 pm on Saturday and had to get to work at 6.30 on Sunday again.  But now I feel like, wow, a whole extra hour of life and I spent it unconcious...
Title: What did you do with your extra hour?
Post by: V-Adore on October 27, 2003, 04:18:07 pm
I burned the extra hour on the Internet. Good old Internet.

I probably should have gone out and done something, but come on, 1 AM? That's just Internet time.
Title: What did you do with your extra hour?
Post by: jay-ell on October 27, 2003, 04:56:42 pm
I spent it sleeping to make up for the hour of sleep I lost last spring.  

Funny how that works out.
Title: What did you do with your extra hour?
Post by: CortJstr on October 27, 2003, 09:16:35 pm
I also slept. I got home after midnight and had 2 movies to watch the next day starting at 10am and the trip home in front of me. Plus two days of running around behind me.
Title: What did you do with your extra hour?
Post by: andalucia on October 27, 2003, 09:43:35 pm
I was too confused to figure out whether I'd lost or gained time to do anything with it.
Title: What did you do with your extra hour?
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 28, 2003, 12:59:14 am
I didn't get one, but now I get an extra hour of reasonable phone time to the mainland, which is nice.