The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: oball on December 13, 2007, 09:24:21 am
-
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12132007 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12132007)
That final line made me nearly spit water all over my computer.
-
oh, my lord.
Ray does not seem like the guy ever to kill anyone.
-
I know he said a variety of men, but I wonder if Nice Pete will still be (has been) somehow involved.
-
I'm hearing Nolan give an 'Ooh La La' after that last line'.
-
Instead of going to the restaurant website, Beef first went to check a pervert forum with Ray just sittin' right there?
Man, hell of a grunchy move to say the least.
-
I am sorry, but the correct thread title is "Ray Smuckles, not of the Internet."
-
I feel pretty bad for Nolan. I mean, the dude's a main pervert with poor spending sense but all indication is that he's a harmless pervert who genuinely believed he was going to have a classy evening with a gonzo entrepreneur.
What does he get? A death relationship.
-
I am sorry, but the correct thread title is "Ray Smuckles, not of the Internet."
Thank you, yes!
-
Instead of going to the restaurant website, Beef first went to check a pervert forum with Ray just sittin' right there?
Man, hell of a grunchy move to say the least.
You know Beef's got all his fora and various blogs RSS'd to hell. It's probably impossible for him to NOT know what the latest perv news is while he tries to order reasonable Chinese food.
-
Ray pays attention THROUGH Arosto Beef. It makes perfect sense.
-
So in between ordering Chinese food, putting a hit on Nolan and talking to Teodor and Mr. Bear, where does Ray find time to have a completely trashy orgasm?
Was the thrill of hiring hitmen to take someone out part of what made it so trashy?
-
Eh... I dunno. I feel like this was phoned in. There was something there, something Super-Secret-Ice-Cream-Parlory, something profound and creepy. And I guess Onstad just didn't feel like doing it, so he wraps it up and doesn't even tell us how. Ray took care of it? By paying attention?
This was a perfectly decent arc that didn't involve Ray and/or Roast Beef at all - a rarity if there was one. So who better to get in there and wreck it?
Thanks for filling in the gaps, Onstad. I feel a hundred percent better about the thread now.
His misspelled "paid" in the alt-text though.
-
His he misspelled "paid" in the alt-text though.
fixed that for you. I guess now you're even.
-
Jesus fuck.
It's been a long day. For both of us, apparently.
-
Maybe I'm just not being all that swift today, but is a "ladies' sex dancer" the same thing as a Chippendale (but less copyrighted)?
-
I think a 'sex dancer' might be a bit lower class than a normal stripper. Like the female equivalent of 1 dollar peep shows.
-
It's larger than a tiny dancer, that's for sure.
...larger than Tony Danza, for that matter.
-
It's larger than a tiny dancer, that's for sure.
...larger than Tony Danza, for that matter.
♪ ♫ Hooooold me closah, Tony Daaanzaaaa
Count the headlights on the highway
Lay me down in sheets of linen
You've had a busy day todaaaaaaaaaaaa-aaaay! ♪ ♫
-
It's funny that the thing that gave me pause about this strip wasn't the contract killing or the Internet perversion in the main, but rather Ray calling Philippe "my favorite kid."
Because, you know, Little Nephew.
-
People of the internet can be pretty floored by how much can get done how quickly. Used to have a friend who had a library reference desk in her speed dial, and whould call when ever someone got up to google or wikipedia something, just to make a point.
Anyway, arc of the year, hope it keeps going.
Little Nephew is Ray's most supportively tolerated kid.
-
It's funny that the thing that gave me pause about this strip wasn't the contract killing or the Internet perversion in the main, but rather Ray calling Philippe "my favorite kid."
Because, you know, Little Nephew.
Well LN is family but Philippe is more fun. Plus LN is more in "young adult" or "teen" territory than "kid."
-
I actually once wrote an entire "Hold Me Closer, Tony Danza" song.
Everyone and their momma's made the joke, y'know, but only I took the time to be a complete dork in completing it.
Hold me closer Tony Danza
charm me with your ethnic ways
the worst stereotype of Italians
since Frank Sinatra passed away...
I forget the rest of the lyrics but they're in my journal of the damned somewhere.
-
I actually once wrote an entire "Hold Me Closer, Tony Danza" song.
Everyone and their momma's made the joke, y'know, but only I took the time to be a complete dork in completing it.
Hold me closer Tony Danza
charm me with your ethnic ways
the worst stereotype of Italians
since Frank Sinatra passed away...
But he is actually Italian right? So what does that make him, an Italian Uncle Tom? An uncle Guido as it were?
-
Or Zio Tomáso?