The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Victoria Waterfield on December 17, 2007, 11:30:39 pm

Title: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on December 17, 2007, 11:30:39 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12172007

I must assume that this is leading to something excellent, because it's rather unexciting as it stands.
Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 17, 2007, 11:47:32 pm
Sometimes Mr. Bear's dialogue gets over-precious to the point of being more like a parody of the character than the character itself.

When you hang most of a given strip on his delivering a whole lotta dialogue, this problem becomes more... uhm... problamatic.

And though guys do not courtesy flush, polite guys certainly light some incense or something to knock the stank down a bit.
Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: theauthors on December 17, 2007, 11:59:11 pm
ooo what a shitty strip idea

:::comedy drum rolls:::
but honestly this strip was awful :(
Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: theinevitable on December 18, 2007, 12:11:22 am
my roommates are really big on Oust.

this makes it almost worse, for me. Because... I come into the bathroom, and it smells like horrible horrible chemical shit (they wayyyyy over-do it) and then I start thinking about how bad it must have smelled for them to think that they needed this much Oust, and then I start thinking I can smell a little bit of the smell through all the Oust...

I have problems.
Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: V-Adore on December 18, 2007, 12:38:59 am
The fact that the vapors are actually illustrated is by far the best part of this strip to me. The lavatory mist all sneakin' out like a ghost...
Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: Golfhaus on December 18, 2007, 02:04:00 am
Guys don't courtesy flush? I courtesy flush. I give MYSELF courtesy flushes. And in my downstairs bathroom I flush twice because the pressure's kinda weak.
Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: sam_spade on December 18, 2007, 03:23:33 am
I love how Lyle's visible stench in panel five looks like a Hot Rod flame decal. OF COURSE that's what Lyle's visible stench would look like. But that's it, overall C+.
Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: linnea on December 18, 2007, 04:43:06 am
Daaaaamn, theinev. Sounds like you need to torch up a pre-emptive Shitandle(tm) before you go in there.

Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: melack on December 18, 2007, 06:31:57 am
I don't mind if someone doesn't courtesy flush. As long as they don't purposely shut the windows and turn the heater on after a big dump, I'm a happy camper.
Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: Turbo Ninja on December 18, 2007, 02:19:00 pm
We keep a phalanx of candles near the tub.  They're laid out in such a way that it suggests the creation of romantic atmosphere for a bubble bath or something, but really they're used more often in the aforementioned Shitandle capacity.  Once that stank is in the air, a courtesy flush ain't gonna help.
Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: milhouse on December 18, 2007, 07:27:43 pm
This explains why two bathrooms is a requirement for my living situation. Me and The Boy have the 'guest' bathroom and the only rules are close the door and leave the vent fan on.

Spouse has the master bath which is not ours to use ever.

It's prevented a lot of warfare over the years.

Testify!

This is our technique as well. Easier for all concerned...
Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: linnea on December 19, 2007, 02:24:25 am
This explains why two bathrooms is a requirement for my living situation. Me and The Boy have the 'guest' bathroom and the only rules are close the door and leave the vent fan on.

Spouse has the master bath which is not ours to use ever.

It's prevented a lot of warfare over the years.

The only man I have lived with, Crap Dude ex fiance.. I insisted on getting a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment. I had my bathroom, and he had his. It also prevented a lot of warfare over the years.
Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: Doc on December 19, 2007, 07:42:46 am
2 bath is a little far, what the hell did he do to the bath?
Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: linnea on December 20, 2007, 02:16:08 am
2 bath is a little far, what the hell did he do to the bath?

Do you crazy Aussies have WCs or something? Outhouses? In Amurikah, we have these things called "bathrooms". They contain a toilet, sink, and either a bathtub (normally with a showerhead) or a shower. 

Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: milhouse on December 20, 2007, 07:28:55 pm
Do you crazy Aussies have WCs or something? Outhouses? In Amurikah, we have these things called "bathrooms". They contain a toilet, sink, and either a bathtub (normally with a showerhead) or a shower. 



I know they have those sweet dual flush toilets in Australia. I actually think they are required in new contruction. Here in the midwest of the US I can't even find one.  :(
Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: jaydub on December 20, 2007, 09:24:56 pm
Do you crazy Aussies have WCs or something? Outhouses?

They just bog off the veranda.  If you live in the fancy parts, there'll be a loo.

In perusing some listings (http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?s=wa&t=res&snf=rbs&a=sf) for Perth suburbs, they don't seem to use the "bath" contraction - they either write out "bathroom" for a full bath or refer to a wc (so the haf-bath terminology isn't used either).  Frequently the listings omit any reference at all in the write up. 
Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: Doc on December 20, 2007, 10:36:06 pm
They just bog off the veranda.  If you live in the fancy parts, there'll be a loo.

A Loo? Well look at mister lah-dee-dah!

Seriously though, I was just confused at the requirement of 2 full bathrooms rather than 1 and a half (which in a listing around my parts normally means 1 full bathroom and one room with just a toilet and a basin or whatever, I don't know what the deal with Perth is but WA tends to have a lot of it's own terminology on account of being at the arse end of nowhere).
Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: linnea on December 21, 2007, 02:22:07 am
A Loo? Well look at mister lah-dee-dah!

Seriously though, I was just confused at the requirement of 2 full bathrooms rather than 1 and a half (which in a listing around my parts normally means 1 full bathroom and one room with just a toilet and a basin or whatever, I don't know what the deal with Perth is but WA tends to have a lot of it's own terminology on account of being at the arse end of nowhere).


Oh. Well, we had two bedrooms and two full bathrooms in our apartment. No half-bath/powder room malarkey there.
Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: Doc on December 21, 2007, 04:25:16 am
Which goes back to my original question: What the hell was the dude doing that required an entire separate bath?
Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 21, 2007, 04:32:51 am
The apartments I have seen/lived in would never have a half bath.  That seems like a condo/ nice apartment thing.
Title: Re: 17th December 2007 - a naïve but well-greased pepper mill
Post by: linnea on December 21, 2007, 04:38:20 am
Which goes back to my original question: What the hell was the dude doing that required an entire separate bath?

Let's just say that we got a biohazard placard for his bathroom.