The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: Golfhaus on December 18, 2007, 03:01:32 am

Title: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: Golfhaus on December 18, 2007, 03:01:32 am
I can take 12. (http://www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakeinafight.com/)
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 18, 2007, 03:24:09 am
28      
You could take on 28 five year old kids in a fight.

I think there should be a question about summer camp staff experience.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: AugustWest on December 18, 2007, 03:28:15 am
21
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 18, 2007, 03:28:57 am
26!

I was probably docked points for being fat.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: CortJstr on December 18, 2007, 03:32:01 am
Shouldn't I get extra points for hating children even at the best of times?
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: jaydub on December 18, 2007, 04:49:25 am
26 - most likely because I find the concept repellent.  My kid is 5, for Pete's sake!
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: linnea on December 18, 2007, 04:53:31 am
THIRTY, bitches! Woooo!  I knew that Brazilian Jiu Jitsu would come in handy someday. Thanks, Crap Dude ex fiance, for making me study at that academy!
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 18, 2007, 05:01:23 am
I imagine Brazilian Ju Jitsu to be a lot like normal Ju Jitsu except that one of your main weapons is searing hot wax.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: jaydub on December 18, 2007, 05:16:41 am
So Linnea's adventure last year was like a black belt test?  Damn, no wonder those UFC guys are so cranky.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: AugustWest on December 18, 2007, 06:18:38 am
THIRTY, bitches! Woooo!  I knew that Brazilian Jiu Jitsu would come in handy someday. Thanks, Crap Dude ex fiance, for making me study at that academy!

Oh HELLS yeah!  I always used to Kick Numerous Asses with the Brazilian guy in Tekken II. 

So can you stand on your head and kick a dude square in the teeth?  Four different ways?
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: melack on December 18, 2007, 06:22:58 am
30 for me. I have no martial arts training, but I have fought plenty of zerg, am tall with good reach (basketball is the only sport I'm good at), and have no moral qualms with using a child as a weapon against other children.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: melack on December 18, 2007, 06:26:31 am
Also, I love how this is posted in science and technology. It lends such credibility to the results of the quiz.

Plus, 5 year olds are technically small mammals.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: theinevitable on December 18, 2007, 06:48:21 am
um. embarassing.
I got 10. Probably because I would feel uncomfortable fighting kids.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: AugustWest on December 18, 2007, 06:49:57 am
um. embarassing.
I got 10. Probably because I would feel uncomfortable fighting kids.

What exactly don't you feel uncomfortable doing?
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: theinevitable on December 18, 2007, 07:08:35 am
I mean, beating up 5 year olds? I feel like that is a reasonable thing to be against.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: V-Adore on December 18, 2007, 07:59:44 am
Only 15 here. Being short and fat with no martial-arts training really seems to have hurt me.

I should totally get extra credit for being the daughter of a special-ed teacher and thus inheriting a terrifying genetic legacy of child-herding.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: Doc on December 18, 2007, 08:59:32 am
18, a bit on the low side I feel. I put down that I'd only fight hard enough to win but I have a feeling in reality I would not draw the line so quickly.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: Dexter on December 18, 2007, 11:54:26 am
I mean, beating up 5 year olds? I feel like that is a reasonable thing to be against.
We'll see how you feel when you're being chased by a bloodthirsty horde of 5-year-olds.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: CortJstr on December 18, 2007, 01:57:08 pm
um. embarassing.
I got 10. Probably because I would feel uncomfortable fighting kids.

What exactly don't you feel uncomfortable doing?

Apparently you don't feel uncomfortable earning yourself a can, AW.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: wombat on December 18, 2007, 03:28:56 pm
I thought 9 wasn't bad till I read the rest of the thread and saw everyone else's scores. I mean, nine! Do you know what a five year old is like when it's riled up?

I think that since I am short I should have gotten extra credit for being able to reach them without bending over.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: pmcd9 on December 18, 2007, 05:07:52 pm
I thought we were going to actually get to fight kids.  What a gyp off.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: melack on December 18, 2007, 05:37:55 pm
Alright, I ran this two ways...

1) I bought into the premise and decided that if I was to do that I would do it right. To hell with moral niceties, I'ma winning.

The number: 37

2) I bought into the premise (we fighting!) but left my moral filter on. I'm not particularly hip to crush hordes of children, y'dig.

The number: 33

Guess I'll start worrying about my moral filter!

I tried to throw the vote, so to speak, and just choose the most appropriate answers (muscular, highly trained, no moral fiber whatsoever) to get the highest total possible. I wound up with 39, just 9 higher than my total when I took the quiz for real. That... tells you something. I just don't know what.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: CortJstr on December 18, 2007, 06:44:46 pm
I think the premise kind of implies that you aren't just doing this for fun. Like you're fighting for food or medicine or the remote to an unstoppable super-weapon. Perhaps the kids are soulless clones created by some kind of Evil Overlord. The survival of mankind depends on you punching a little boy in the throat, then picking him up and swinging him around by his feet like an airplane to bludgeon other children.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: melack on December 18, 2007, 07:04:10 pm
I spent enough time playing Dead Rising to make me think I'd be really good at this. Like, way better than 30.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: theinevitable on December 18, 2007, 07:49:36 pm
I believe that, in my lifetime, they will make that movie.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: V-Adore on December 18, 2007, 08:41:20 pm
Five gets you ten it will be made by the Japanese.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: jaydub on December 18, 2007, 09:55:22 pm
CBS has made bold strides (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/kid_nation/) towards that end.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: jaydub on December 18, 2007, 11:39:51 pm
I'm with you.  The whole thing smacks of child abuse and exploitation.  Doesn't matter if the parents said its OK, doesn't matter if they had a hundred child psychologists on hand.  Just ugh.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: robot_god on December 18, 2007, 11:59:36 pm
If I was a kid, I would kill to be on Kidz Nation.  All those kids got mad money, and hella laid.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: theinevitable on December 18, 2007, 11:59:46 pm
from what I have heard, they make all the "tasks" so obvious that the show is a joke. The kids are not in any danger of failing, much less... being in danger. It is basically kids doing such as Summer Camp Trust Activities, is my understanding.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: linnea on December 19, 2007, 02:19:13 am
Sweet angry jeezus, that looks like some kind of Lord of the Flies reality TV show. Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Nation) sez that the kiddos only got five grand each.

Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 19, 2007, 08:13:16 am
I think I could take more than 23 5 year olds. Must have been my 'fighting just hard enough' answer.

Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: Ben-San on December 19, 2007, 11:31:30 am
25 here. I'm big and I've been in plenty of fights but I'm kind of a softy these days.

But maybe I would start having elementary-school flashbacks surrounded by all those pissed-off kids and bust out the recess-violence moves. I do not know.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: robot_god on December 19, 2007, 11:52:35 pm
Well, the survey assesses your own willingness to fight, but it seems to assume all the children are completely full of fury.  This could not be the case.

I can't believe that a group of five year olds can dial up rage on command like a hardened adult can.  I mean, I'm sure kids know about violent ragin', but they got nothing on me, maaan.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: theinevitable on December 19, 2007, 11:57:52 pm
it has obviously been too long since you have been confronted by an enraged son, daughter, or sibling.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: AugustWest on December 20, 2007, 12:31:23 am
Well, the survey assesses your own willingness to fight, but it seems to assume all the children are completely full of fury.  This could not be the case.

I can't believe that a group of five year olds can dial up rage on command like a hardened adult can.  I mean, I'm sure kids know about violent ragin', but they got nothing on me, maaan.

Obviously you are not a parent.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: Golfhaus on December 20, 2007, 02:57:19 am
If I had the money, I'd start the parody website: howmanyspearssisterscouldyouknockupinan ight.com. No matter how you answer the question, the answer is always two.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: linnea on December 20, 2007, 03:11:10 am
If I had the money, I'd start the parody website: howmanyspearssisterscouldyouknockupinan ight.com. No matter how you answer the question, the answer is always two.

Man, I was reading Perez today and I was just dumbfounded. How could one family be so fuck*ng stupid? And did you read the HILARIOUS letter that Jamie Lynn's attorneys sent (http://perezhilton.com/?p=10850) when one of the tabloids reported on her pregnancy just a few months ago? Also... speaking of trailer trash, not only did their mother allow Jamie to have a live in nineteen-year-old-boyfriend, she sold the pregnancy story to one of the tabloids as an "exclusive" to make a few bucks. Classy!

Quote from: Perez
It reads:

“Ms. Spears is a devout Christian with a spotless reputation, who lives in accordance with the highest moral and ethical standards in accordance with her faith.

There is no “rumor” concerning Ms. Spears’ (non-existent) pregnancy, except perhaps for the baseless “rumor” just now being created by the National Enquirer.

Ms. Spears is not pregnant. It is pathetic for the National Enquirer to attempt to create a wholly baseless “rumor” that Ms. Spears is pregnant, so it can run a malicious story and false story which would be emotionally devastating to a morally upright 16 year old girl.”

Ha ha ha ha!!!!!
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 20, 2007, 03:45:43 am
dude doesn't even know how to use quotes and he is making fun of people.  What an ass.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: Doc on December 20, 2007, 04:14:49 am
Well, they are used correctly in terms of the rumour is not a rumour in that it is true.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: jaydub on December 20, 2007, 06:20:27 am
Well, they are used correctly in terms of the rumour is not a rumour in that it is true.
Those tricky lawyers and their careful parsing of language.

"It depends on what is...is."
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: AugustWest on December 20, 2007, 07:14:01 am
Those tricky lawyers and their careful parsing of language.

"It depends on what is...is."

You'd better watch yourself, bub.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: iron_felix on December 20, 2007, 09:01:42 am
...I counted sticking my head in a fire ant's nest as "experience fighting swarms."  I hope that wasn't cheating.

Even then, I can only take 24 of the little bastards, which is apparently a bit shabby, given you other party people's reactions to similar scores here.  I won't complain, though, seeing how I lost a fight against one 5-year-old back when I was twelve.  Crotch-kicking was unfortunately not disallowed for that particular event.


Also...
I believe that, in my lifetime, they will make that movie.
Five gets you ten it will be made by the Japanese.

Already done, folks. (http://www.battleroyalefilm.net/)

...well, sort of.  The kids are a bit older than that, but who knows?  Maybe they'll come out with a chibi version.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 20, 2007, 06:04:35 pm
I just bought this movie. I have already now waited too long for its arrival.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 20, 2007, 09:18:10 pm
I love watching that movie when I am coming down from tripping or coke.  It pushes it so much further.


Also, when you are quoting something that is in a quote you got to use the single quotation mark.  Like this:

"Doc spells rumor 'rumour' because he is from Australia."

Basically though, don't get enjoyment because a 16 year old is pregnant, and especially don't make money by helping those people get their rocks off.  They should be sad that there is another baby who will start off somewhat disadvantaged instead of happy that someone you don't know and will never meet is pregnant at 16.  I mean, maybe don't care, but to get money and enjoyment from that?  Hell of fucked.

Edit:  Oh yeah, but if you are going to go through with it, then make sure that you spell and use grammar right, I guess was what I was saying. 

No, that is not true.  Just do something better with your life.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: Doc on December 20, 2007, 10:31:37 pm
To be fair, in this particular case, I don't know that the kid is going to be disadvantaged. Her aunty is a walking pile of cash.
Still, yeah, this (http://bp2.blogger.com/_FBXGhy-QmVw/R2kbfGOD-8I/AAAAAAAABXM/K06Y6vgz3Ig/s1600-h/card1200.JPG).
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 20, 2007, 11:06:39 pm
More important things when raising a child then cash.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: Doc on December 20, 2007, 11:59:51 pm
This is true but there are enough kids having kids out there who live in complete poverty on top of dealing with all the bullshit in their social environment that I'm not going to worry too much about this one.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: Golfhaus on December 21, 2007, 12:21:22 am
This is true but there are enough kids having kids out there who live in complete poverty on top of dealing with all the bullshit in their social environment that I'm not going to worry too much about this one.

QFT. It's not like they're all mooching off of Britney, Jamie Lynn has been making enough bank of her own that her gestating spawn already has more money than I do. It may not guarantee quality parenting, but it does guarantee quality lots-of-other-stuff.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 21, 2007, 01:20:09 am
Like cocaine, and then we can take pictures of and talk shit about the baby in 20 years and all of these sick fucks will eat it up and be happy at other peoples misery. 

Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: Doc on December 21, 2007, 04:20:53 am
This is also true, but as someone who doesn't buy that kind of media, doesn't try to pimp people to that kind of media and is rather aggressively against that kind of media I've kind of exhausted the possibilities present under my non-interventionist morality.

Besides, maybe the kid will dig on snow.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 21, 2007, 04:27:57 am
Yeah, that is a good point, but people should not be so happy about it.  I am not really pissed or anything, I just think it is a horrible way to spend your life and, possibly, the scummiest way to make a living.

Also, you saw what I was saying about the quote thing right?


Oh, and 29 I think, I don't remember, took it a couple days ago.  I think in real life I would either be way to freaked out to take out the kids, or, if I did, come on, I could take at least 50.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: Nabubrush on December 25, 2007, 10:54:22 pm
I got 22, and if anyone didn't know, this the fallout from a semi-famous AskMetaFilter post asking this question. It's a good read. I should go find it.

For posterity/completeness. (http://www.metafilter.com/40645/Round-One-Fight)
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: jough on December 28, 2007, 08:51:52 pm
33, bitches.

I'd totally use one as a weapon against the others, too.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: Lister on December 30, 2007, 05:46:13 am
I'd totally use one as a weapon against the others, too.

I would too, but it would be by sowing dissention and thus eroding their collective resolve.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: wombat on December 30, 2007, 04:22:53 pm
I would too, but it would be by sowing dissention and thus eroding their collective resolve.

Dang, why didn't I think of that?
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: side_show on December 31, 2007, 12:11:13 am
The whole time I was taking the test, I was wondering why there weren't any psychological tactics.  I work with children, so that is all I'm going to say about that.  Let's just say my number would probably be higher than the test goes if those sorts of things were factored in.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: jay-ell on January 03, 2008, 09:28:38 pm
I got 18, which I felt was pretty high actually, until I got here. 

You fuck*ng sickos. 

 ;)
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: jough on January 07, 2008, 03:24:04 am
With the writer's strike not ending anytime soon, I think I'm going to develop this idea as a TV reality series for NBC.

NBC's "How Many Five Year Olds Can You Take In A Fight?" hosted by Bob Goldthwait.
Title: Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
Post by: Doc on January 07, 2008, 04:22:11 am
Maybe they could work it into that 'Kid Nation' show. I'm assuming they all ended going all Lord of the Flies by the end anyway.